: Kooks installed on Maggie'd car - results

BLACK_CTSV
02-20-07, 10:09 PM
Well, after farking around with a CEL for a while, we finally got a chance to tune the car. We baselined the car at 416rwhp on a Mustang dyno [the prior owner got 461rwhp on a Dynojet.]

After the Kooks were installed, and a new tune we got 455rwhp[!]. Not a bad number for a Mustang Dyno!. I'll be picking it up in the AM. :bouncy:

trukk
02-20-07, 10:14 PM
Wow, it's Kooks-love-night here on the V Forum.

Nice numbers,

Chris

BLACK_CTSV
02-20-07, 10:17 PM
Wow, it's Kooks-love-night here on the V Forum.

Nice numbers,

Chris

Thanks, and cheers to you, as well. I'm really happy with both the gains and the sound. I think there is actually less drone than with the stock manifolds.

rand49er
02-21-07, 06:46 AM
:drool:

I'm envious.

Drift-caddy
02-21-07, 07:35 AM
Well, after farking around with a CEL for a while, we finally got a chance to tune the car. We baselined the car at 416rwhp on a Mustang dyno [the prior owner got 461rwhp on a Dynojet.]

After the Kooks were installed, and a new tune we got 455rwhp[!]. Not a bad number for a Mustang Dyno!. I'll be picking it up in the AM. :bouncy:

Hey, i got your fix for that rear end problem you are going to have.. lol congrats on the car and tune. NIce numbers...

valdeztke
02-21-07, 08:09 AM
Great job! :thumbsup: No clutch dumping past 3,500 :(

Drift-caddy
02-21-07, 08:19 AM
NONON you have the wrong. no clutch dumping before 3500rpms.

RunningOnEMT
02-21-07, 08:32 AM
nonono you both have it wrong

NO CLUTCH DUMPING

or just buy damians rear and beat the ever living piss out of it and get it warrantied

BLACK_CTSV
02-21-07, 09:08 AM
Thanks fellas - yeah, I figure I'll need that new rear sooner than later :)

I'll post up some graphs later today. :cheers:

keeksv
02-21-07, 11:37 AM
What's wrong with dumping the clutch?:thumbsup: Right Damian?

BLACK_CTSV
02-21-07, 08:34 PM
Here it is: I had to take a screenshot of the PDF, as I don't know how to conver it...:thepan:

Drift-caddy
02-21-07, 09:19 PM
was that corrected or un?

LS1Mike
02-21-07, 09:40 PM
Don't you just love the LSx's torque curve? Awesome numbers man!
I really want a ride someday. I let you hit the N20 on the Bird.

doitforv
02-22-07, 12:03 AM
im lost what fix does damian have?

BLACK_CTSV
02-22-07, 12:14 PM
was that corrected or un?

I'm assuming that it's corrected. I don't think he'd give me uncorrected #'s, but I don't know for sure. I'll ask him next time I talk to him.

BLACK_CTSV
02-22-07, 12:17 PM
Don't you just love the LSx's torque curve? Awesome numbers man!
I really want a ride someday. I let you hit the N20 on the Bird.

Deal! It's been a couple years since I've been in a juiced car.

Yep - killer torque. The Maggie doesn't hurt, either :)

Seattle CTS-V
02-22-07, 05:13 PM
Damn, I've been hoping nobody would post up a Maggied/stock header vs. Maggied/Kooked dyno...but you went and ruined it! Now I have to start saving for some headers. Which exhaust do you have? Did you go with the 1-7/8" or 1-3/4" size? We need to meet up at Portland International this summer!

BLACK_CTSV
02-22-07, 10:41 PM
Damn, I've been hoping nobody would post up a Maggied/stock header vs. Maggied/Kooked dyno...but you went and ruined it! Now I have to start saving for some headers. Which exhaust do you have? Did you go with the 1-7/8" or 1-3/4" size? We need to meet up at Portland International this summer!

1-3/4" - w/Magnaflow exhaust. The car feels really good at part throttle, and great at WOT[and sounds so much meaner].

Let me know when you're in town - never met another V owner!

Albertan
02-22-07, 10:59 PM
Black_CTSV
I was in Portland last weekend. Didn't bring the V and I'm glad I didn't (took the CTS). Drove through snow, rain and major windstorm c/w tumbleweeds to try to avoid and then major rain again. (Both ways!) Portland was nice weather. Later in spring I'll probably visit again and bring the V then, I'm itching for a road trip with it. Even with the CTS, 13 hours driving is a piece of cake.
Bruce

BLACK_CTSV
02-23-07, 09:43 AM
Black_CTSV
I was in Portland last weekend. Didn't bring the V and I'm glad I didn't (took the CTS). Drove through snow, rain and major windstorm c/w tumbleweeds to try to avoid and then major rain again. (Both ways!) Portland was nice weather. Later in spring I'll probably visit again and bring the V then, I'm itching for a road trip with it. Even with the CTS, 13 hours driving is a piece of cake.
Bruce

Let me know when you're coming! I can't wait for some nicer weather...