Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bored TB's revisited

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  darien99 
#1 ·
We'll I'm mad I missed the big 80mm tb offer a couple years back on here, but I didn't own a cadillac then. Is there any other places that offer the '95's a 80mm tb? Is RSM still around? I guess I could have my fabricator start machining a few out also if there's interest...:stirpot:

#3 ·
eldorado1 used to make them but no longer, RSM is defunct so that leaves you with getting a local machine shop to do it for you with their lathe.

Just make sure you have the rear piece closer to the intake cut at the right angle, it's not a straight pass through. Further, take a dremel and clean up the intersection of the two halves to keep the air as clean as possible and to make sure the gasket is properly sized. Depending on the port you may or may not be able to reuse the valve plate, just have another one cut from some sheet aluminum, or stainless and don't worry about adding hash grooves on the plate, they have a minimal aerodynamic affect. If I remember correctly an 80mm port gives you over 10% increase in intake area which is not trivial.

Another mod to add to help take advantage of the larger throttle body is the airbox mod like that done on caddyinfo.com. Basically cut out the bottom of the airbox, and adapt a flat K&N filter to fit the airbox. The combination is about as good an intake as you'll get.

#10 ·
i talked to these people a while back and they will do it if you send in your core or you can find one in junkyards for cheap i found a few for $50 and send them that one no down time they said it would be around $217 + $8.95 handling and they will bore your throttle body as large as the material thickness allows

http://www.rvmorsemachine.com/
Thanks for the link! I think I'll contact them some time soon.

#11 ·
Can someone make a list of alike Throttle bodies according to years?

I have a '95 myself, but I only have access to a '93 TB for a core, are they the same? What other years are the same?

If I decide to have my fabricator make them, I'll have him do these up before our headers, since these will take much less time. Does anyone know why 80 was chosen as the magic number? Anyone ever try larger like 82 or so?

Not that I think 80 is small, I'm putting a 68.5mm tb on my 4.7L truck tomorrow...:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.