: Some pics of my car fellas!

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 05:19 PM
I just figured I would post some pics of my car with the mods that have been on there forever but I just finally finished the engine compartment to make it viewable at least. The pics suck but I am no photo-grapher! lol

It's pretty much what we have all seen 10 times on other cars. Enjoy!

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 05:21 PM
Here's 2 more I couldn't fit.

chev4life
02-20-07, 05:25 PM
Did you dyno with just the K&N by happens chance?

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 05:44 PM
No, I actually never dyno'd it at all. Soon though. Just search threads on cold air and you will read the biggest debate on this forum...and only on this forum! All the others, and I mean ALL the others, believe in cold air! Case closed!

I won't even post what 'I' think it does as this thread will change so fast...just search the threads for cold air.

One more thing, I have mine modified a bit and you can actually see the rubber molding pieces in the pic to keep the heat out of the engine a little better and isolate the 'cold' air a little better. The rest of the mod you can't see at all where it is blocked off down below. This is also the reason for the hood being a tad bit higher on the drivers side but it lines up to the hood perfectly! Also, the baffles and rubber flaps are removed along with some minor cutting that can't be seen even if you're looking for it.

valdeztke
02-20-07, 05:49 PM
Here is my only mod

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/valdeztke/DSCN0710.jpg

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 05:52 PM
You have one great mod to all my silly sheeot! LOL

valdeztke
02-20-07, 05:54 PM
You have one great mod to all my silly sheeot! LOL

Well thats the only one I've done... oh and I did the LED conversion.

RunningOnEMT
02-20-07, 05:55 PM
your emblem is crooked

TrazzNJ
02-20-07, 06:38 PM
Looks great Fla. !!!

1Sonterra
02-20-07, 07:08 PM
Looks nice! Do you notice more intake noise at throttle with the FIPK? I just sold my H2 that I had the same type of kit on....and man was that monstor loud! I noticed more oomph at towing speeds with the H2.......do you notice any difference on the V from the drivers seat? I am thinking of the FIPK, but I have seen quite of few dissenters as of late on the whole concept vs. standard type air filters.

rand49er
02-20-07, 07:11 PM
Brian, your V looks really nice with those fogs and side markers ... shoulda come from the factory that way! :thumbsup:

Juan, where did you get your "Supercharged" emblems? I haven't seen anything I like on eBay yet. (I'm preparing for my maggie install this summer ... can you tell?)

theloanman219
02-20-07, 07:19 PM
Brian,

The car looks good. Please tell me there is enough room in the garage for it. lol Also I love those floor mats! where did you get them?

Gene

svassh
02-20-07, 07:28 PM
Brian,

Looks really good, personally I like smoked better. :)

Now I know who stold my floormats on Ebay :thumbsup:

Scott

The Tony Show
02-20-07, 07:39 PM
Heh...I just ordered the same oil cap on Ebay, Brian. Should be here this week, along with my CF intake cover.

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 07:43 PM
For the FIPK question the answer is...what the fiznuk is FIPK? LOL I think you mean the CAI but I need to know what FIPK stands for.

Next: Gene, there is enough room of course but isn't it a disaster? Temporary here at our house in Bum fuk FL. so we had to bring it all and my woman's wardrobe is bigger than her tits! So we have two households of stuff in one with a tenant in our separate apartment that I would love to throw out...but he is cool so I can't! The mats I got over a year ago and I have no idea where from but it was from ebay!

I like the tinted fogs too but really like the STS-V look of the clear a little better for the silver car! My opinion is one is more classy and one is more cool. Different styles from such a small difference right? The sides I like tinted and I have those waiting to install one day!

12race
02-20-07, 08:29 PM
Nice ride...... I have an 06 Platinum/Black, picked it for Christmas....guess I wasn't that naughty. :rolleyes:

I think I would get throbbing blue steal hearing your ride fire up. Just put B&B exhaust system on mine, pretty aggressive in my opinion to the Corsa.

I learned on the forum thanks to my Atlanta "V" brothers of a shop not far from my house catering to LS powered rides (Vengeance Racing). I apparently just missed a meet they had there in the fall....bummer.

Thanks for sharing the pix!

:worship: :thumbsup:

Lindsay Cadillac
02-20-07, 08:32 PM
I just figured I would post some pics of my car...
Looks good... :thumbsup:

where did you get your "Supercharged" emblems?
From the only place to get Cadillac parts... :D

Part number is 15810646 and they are $11.11 each...

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 08:39 PM
Nice ride...... I have an 06 Platinum/Black, picked it for Christmas....guess I wasn't that naughty. :rolleyes:

I think I would get throbbing blue steal hearing your ride fire up. Just put B&B exhaust system on mine, pretty aggressive in my opinion to the Corsa.

I learned on the forum thanks to my Atlanta "V" brothers of a shop not far from my house catering to LS powered rides (Vengeance Racing). I apparently just missed a meet they had there in the fall....bummer.

Thanks for sharing the pix!

:worship: :thumbsup:

Speaking of blue steal, I'd better go and see my buddy for a new supply before I go to South Beach again on Thurs.! :bouncy:

I've heard guys talk pretty well about Vengeance on the board here! The headers sound absolutely great when you stomp on it and they are there for when you mod the engine more. Now, it only adds a little more HP! Maybe 15-20 to the wheel, people say more but I say...I don't know! When I do the cam, they'll be very useful!

Yeah, been here about a year now and I don't think I have ever posted pix so I figured...what the heck!

Good luck with the new ride!

V-Love
02-20-07, 09:16 PM
That silver beauty should be representing in Homestead the last day of March and April 1st. I'd like to see how the mods compare to my stocker. Looks sweet.

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 09:25 PM
That silver beauty should be representing in Homestead the last day of March and April 1st. I'd like to see how the mods compare to my stocker. Looks sweet.

No more Miami drives for me and Homestead is what...50 miles past Miami or so? I actually have an appointment on the 31st of March so I am dead on any meetings anyway on that date and the day after. Thanks V-Love! :bouncy:

SoSueMe
02-20-07, 09:36 PM
Car looks great Man... sooner or later i will get around to taking pics of my car... i figure maybe i should get some Mods first... (and maybe a camera..)

jnrandall
02-20-07, 09:38 PM
Hey Brian,

Sweet ride!! The only difference in the view of your ride, under the hood, and mine is that you have black frc's and not red ones. I am thinking of getting black ones also and alternate between the 2 sets as the mood hits me. I really like the fogs too! :)

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys!

Jesse: My taste steered me away from red only because it is too flashy for my taste but I can understand why so many have red. I'll be up in the summer Jesse and will have the flywheel changed and cam in by then and then I am done! :bsflag:

SoSueMe
02-20-07, 09:56 PM
my next mod will most likely be intake... how do you like the K&N in comparison to everything else thats out there? I was looking at the Volant as well... I just got my car 3 months ago, and i have a loooooooong way to go...

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 10:02 PM
my next mod will most likely be intake... how do you like the K&N in comparison to everything else thats out there? I was looking at the Volant as well... I just got my car 3 months ago, and i have a loooooooong way to go...

I personally like the open lid like mine and Lingenfelter (however u spell it) but I have heard the Volant is pretty good too. I believe strongly in the cold air but there will be nay sayers! The lingenfelter has a bigger tube to the TB I believe so I may like that one better. All I know is the K&N can be bought for $240 I think on ebay and the install is easy.

SoSueMe
02-20-07, 10:38 PM
All I know is the K&N can be bought for $240 I think on ebay and the install is easy.

Price is definitely something i consider... I saw the volant and liked the look... i am asking around because i have heard of people who have gone out and purchased an intake and ended up losing HP after installing... I havent heard anything negative about the K&N yet... same w/ the volant..

theloanman219
02-21-07, 05:50 AM
guys,

I really like my volant. It has a great in breath sound and a slight growl. I can feel some difference in power also. I would recommend it to anyone.

valdeztke
02-21-07, 06:06 AM
Looks good... :thumbsup:

From the only place to get Cadillac parts... :D

Part number is 15810646 and they are $11.11 each...

I think those emblems alone gave me almost 15rwhp:bouncy:

theloanman219
02-21-07, 06:11 AM
what a deal dollar per hp ratio. Sh!t I'll take four!

kgoch
02-21-07, 06:18 AM
If you are looking for a K & N, I have one for sale cheap. Used about 5,000 miles.

RightTurn
02-21-07, 06:18 AM
Niiiiiice ride, Bri. Now I'll have to test drive it for ya. :alchi:

RunningOnEMT
02-21-07, 06:22 AM
Lookin good buddy... only one problem... its still not as cool as redline.. :bouncy:

jk man...:D

ctsvflorida
02-21-07, 07:51 AM
Sarah Babie, where have u been? LOL You'll have to stop hiding on us! Test drive? For you Sarah? Absolutely!

IgotmeaV: I have redline hairline if that counts at all? Have fun on your tour of the skiing world and for the future...no need to write J/K, I know ur kidding! Maybe some of the uptighties will need that to ease their conscience! lol

Thanks guys...and gals (of course) for the inputs and compliments. :bouncy:

I am still waiting for Florian to respond to what he meant by the sagging fascia which he wrote in the need to clear thread!? Hmmmmm

RightTurn
02-21-07, 08:06 AM
Sarah Babie, where have u been? LOL You'll have to stop hiding on us! Test drive? For you Sarah? Absolutely!

OK, everybody heard you say it! :lol: Hand over those keys, mister.

RunningOnEMT
02-21-07, 08:07 AM
huh? everyone knows GIRLS can't drive stick... you'd never make it out of the driveway

RightTurn
02-21-07, 08:10 AM
huh? everyone knows GIRLS can't drive stick... you'd never make it out of the driveway

Excuse me? I'll show you who can drive a stick, buddy. Hand over YOUR keys. :lol:

RunningOnEMT
02-21-07, 08:13 AM
they're right here...in fairfax... come get 'em

you make it out here you can TRY to drive my car... although i'm sure "SOMONE" voug*james*cough would volunteer first

valdeztke
02-21-07, 08:15 AM
I let my girl learn to drive stick in my Vette around an empty parking lot. Although she didnt have the shifting down she scared the crap out of me when she asked is she could try and drift it.

Silly girl - hand over the keys.

valdeztke
02-21-07, 08:17 AM
Excuse me? I'll show you who can drive a stick, buddy:lol:

Oh really......... :highfive:

RightTurn
02-21-07, 08:18 AM
I can drive anything. :thumbsup: Buckle up and hold on, ya hear?

RunningOnEMT
all girls should learn to drive stick in a late 80's foxbody mustang with a stock clutch quadrant

they'll never want to drive manual again

MUSH MUSH MUSH MUSH CLANK STALL

RunningOnEMT
I can drive anything. :thumbsup: Buckle up and hold on, ya hear?

sounds like a perfect excuse for a boondoggle

i sense a challenge... i bet your CTS is an auto isnt it?

RightTurn
02-21-07, 08:19 AM
Oh really......... :highfive:

How did I not see this coming? So to speak. :lol: I'd better get back to the CTS board now.

RightTurn
02-21-07, 08:20 AM
sounds like a perfect excuse for a boondoggle

i sense a challenge... i bet your CTS is an auto isnt it?

Of course it's an auto. I live in Houston and I don't want a standard tranny. Ack. My thighs wouldn't be symmetrical. :lol:

RunningOnEMT
02-21-07, 08:22 AM
thats NO excuse... i love girls with asymmetrical thighs:bigroll:

so you and your autotragic, i mean ***matic, i mean sissybox tranny can go back to the land of small engines

jk .... much :gurl: sweety:D

valdeztke
02-21-07, 08:23 AM
Great choice of words ;)

Ma'am I think it'd be best if ya mosied on over to yer neck of da woods.

Remember the CTS-V was designed for a man - hence the stick and weak driveshaft :lol:

RightTurn
02-21-07, 08:25 AM
Great choice of words ;)

Ma'am I think it'd be best if ya mosied on over to yer neck of da woods.

Remember the CTS-V was designed for a man - hence the stick and weak driveshaft :lol:

:loser:

:lol:

RunningOnEMT
02-21-07, 08:26 AM
HA... she called juan a loser and not me ... brb... gotta go celebrate

ctsvflorida
02-21-07, 08:39 AM
This is really gettin good here Sarah! I could've wrote some 'good' stuff here in reply to some of these posts, but being the gentleman that I am, I have chosen to leave it alone! :angel: Get em gurl!

If we ever met up at some function, you can surely drive my car! I'll just hold your husband hostage! lol

valdeztke
02-21-07, 08:44 AM
Slow yer role there Corkey.

Loser can also mean -

Lion Of Sexual Erotic Romance L.O.S.E.R. I think that is what she meant.

At least thats what my girls says it mean when she calls me a loser ;)

RightTurn
02-21-07, 10:01 AM
If we ever met up at some function, you can surely drive my car! I'll just hold your husband hostage! lol

:eek:

RunningOnEMT
02-21-07, 10:05 AM
Slow yer role there Corkey.

Loser can also mean -

Lion Of Sexual Erotic Romance L.O.S.E.R. I think that is what she meant.

At least thats what my girls says it mean when she calls me a loser ;)

and >|--|< is 12" ....

keep thinkin that mighty mouse... lol

trukk
02-21-07, 12:28 PM
...The lingenfelter has a bigger tube to the TB I believe so I may like that one better...

Unless they have changed their design, the LPE CAI just reuses the stock squeeze pipe.

The LPE kit comes just with the K&N filter, the plastic element / engine bay divider, a small metal tube that connects the element to the MAF, and a couple of clamps.

I combined the LPE, with a replacement pipe for the stock squeeze pipe. I like the combo. No real issues. I check it everytime I fill up the car with gas, just to make sure everything is tight and secure.

I posted before/after dyno numbers a long while back.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/56069-lpe-cai-dyno-results-before-after.html#post489705

This thread will no probabaly disintegrate.

-Chris

ctsvflorida
02-21-07, 01:47 PM
I am not so sure how we can lose lower end anything with more air but the spacer for the TB is supposed to help as it straightens the air out better. Cool thread though with the dyno numbers. Thanks for that!