: K&N Filters are now available for the 3.6

KMO
02-20-07, 02:02 PM
Just got this link today... K&N now has a filter for us! Hooah!

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2356

afg350ci
02-21-07, 03:51 PM
Damn straight! Finally! I got the email this morning and already placed an order for it.

I wonder what the exact HP difference would be...

KMO
02-21-07, 04:25 PM
My understanding...
Typically... since we have around 260 to start... we may see 7-10+ max, but more important than that is the throttle response due to a time delta reduction in response to mixture change. I.e. - it should be a little bit more responsive.

inline6
02-22-07, 11:45 AM
Not bad, only 3 years to develop a filter.:bigroll: Must say their tracking system is good as I inquired about the filter in December of 03 when we ordered our car.

afg350ci
02-22-07, 12:12 PM
Not bad, only 3 years to develop a filter.:bigroll: Must say their tracking system is good as I inquired about the filter in December of 03 when we ordered our car.

Yup, I registered for updates in February of 05. I must agree that K&N has an efficient data registry.

Redline
02-23-07, 08:49 AM
I've also been on the list for the update since 2005. Who's getting the best price? I've found it for $43.95 & free shipping @ www.autoanything.com -- anyone find better?

Mike_S_30189
02-23-07, 12:25 PM
Trying to understand value - Does this air filter make that big of difference? I am debating whether to spend the $$$.

Thanks in advance.

wifescaddy
02-23-07, 03:49 PM
YOull never have to replace it again,just clean it, oil it back up and put it back in,yes its worth it,all my vehicles have a K&n.YOu pay 45 for one k&n and you pay 20 or so for a stock replacement,that youll have to buy 3-4 of while you own the car at least.

TSS
02-23-07, 07:00 PM
It is cost effective if you plan to own for a while . I have had many, incuding one presently in my wife's SLS. However, the claimed increase in horsepower is over-rated. If that is your sole reason for buying , I think you may be disappointed .

KMO
02-23-07, 09:59 PM
It is cost effective if you plan to own for a while . I have had many, incuding one presently in my wife's SLS. However, the claimed increase in horsepower is over-rated. If that is your sole reason for buying , I think you may be disappointed .

I agree with that. I have seen better throttle response (reduction of throttle "lag") in other vehicles... slight changes in shift points due to the way vehicle sensors respond, but HP gains are really not significant for a standard daily driver. It is very cool not to replace your air filter, and only to clean it once every 40K or 50k miles.

Some people don't like them, 'cause they say they don't filter enough... but I am not one of those people.