: Question about hooking up the 07 Lade

swerc_1
02-20-07, 12:31 PM
Well now that I am confident that my new Escalade's transmission wont blow up I'm ready to hook my truck up. I like the wheels Kappa has on his Lade. (Giovanna 22's ) they actually had thise same wheels on my dealership where I purchased my car but the interior was the tan color. I want to get the headrest montiors, I already have the rear entertainment stocked so I figure It should be easy to add the monitors into the system. My guy says that he can bypass the safety feature on the nav screen but I dont want it F- ing up. I also want some boom in the truck. I guess my question to the people who have done it what works best Brands etc. There is no room in the back for subs so I guess you have to take out the rear seat???

Thanks for all suggestions and help

benamaster
02-20-07, 01:32 PM
I like the Vizualogic Headrest moniotrs. For subs JL seems to work good and there might be a way to get the Tahoe/Yukon Stealthbox that goes in the center console to fit.

I am not sure about bypassing the Navigation safety feature so far it looks like there are two brands of little boxes that can do that but neither one works that well with the Escalade.

swerc_1
02-20-07, 02:27 PM
I went on the JL site and it said that they have a stealth box for the 07 ext. That sucks..

jrs05caddyext
02-20-07, 02:46 PM
try this place http://bassforms.com/bassforms/cadillac.html they might have something for the 07s now

STEALTHBOMBER
02-21-07, 12:26 AM
i run focal speakers with subs and amps alpine it sounds great.... ive had a lot of problems with JL subs and amps in the past but alot of people love them i guess its personal choice. with a custom box you dont need to remove the 3rd row ive seen 4 12" sub put in right behind the 3rd row so u might want to look into something custom instead of a prefab box

swerc_1
02-22-07, 02:59 PM
i run focal speakers with subs and amps alpine it sounds great.... ive had a lot of problems with JL subs and amps in the past but alot of people love them i guess its personal choice. with a custom box you dont need to remove the 3rd row ive seen 4 12" sub put in right behind the 3rd row so u might want to look into something custom instead of a prefab box

Thanks Stealth, I went to two shops yesterday and decided to go with the recommendation of my friend. The shop I'm going with had a new'er JL box the fit right in behind the third row seat and did not need to be custom made. Im getting the monitors in the head rest and I wanted to get the navi screen to play movies but after hearing all the problems I dont know if I want to risk it. The guy at the shop say he can do it with no problem but he also says 07's are different than what he was doing.

jtn999
02-22-07, 03:41 PM
Thanks Stealth, I went to two shops yesterday and decided to go with the recommendation of my friend. The shop I'm going with had a new'er JL box the fit right in behind the third row seat and did not need to be custom made. Im getting the monitors in the head rest and I wanted to get the navi screen to play movies but after hearing all the problems I dont know if I want to risk it. The guy at the shop say he can do it with no problem but he also says 07's are different than what he was doing.

I am struggling with the same thing. I would like to replace the factory radio with a navigation unit with blue tooth with an additional screen where the current cd player is. The shops I have been to say they can do it but I am afraid that it will mess something else in the vehicle. I have surfed the net frontward and backward and just have not gotten complete assurance that everything will function properly after removing the factory stereo. If you do end up hearing something new please respond.

swerc_1
02-22-07, 07:25 PM
I am struggling with the same thing. I would like to replace the factory radio with a navigation unit with blue tooth with an additional screen where the current cd player is. The shops I have been to say they can do it but I am afraid that it will mess something else in the vehicle. I have surfed the net frontward and backward and just have not gotten complete assurance that everything will function properly after removing the factory stereo. If you do end up hearing something new please respond.

Will do JTN:highfive: