: Stupid Question...Remember, I'm Just A Cook...

Chef
02-20-07, 10:47 AM
:duh: Are fog lights a must need on cars in terms of being street legal?

Specifically ours?

:peeking:

Thanks,
Chef

pabstcadillac
02-20-07, 10:51 AM
No, they are not required. You have yours smoked, so what does it really matter they look great. :alchi:

svassh
02-20-07, 10:52 AM
Stick to cooking, just kidding.

Fog lights are not mandatory in any states that I know of. There are too many cars without them for it to be required. Now head, brake, turn signal lights are another story.

Chef
02-20-07, 10:53 AM
Just a little mo down draft if I open them up:thumbsup:

Now head, brake, turn signal lights are another story.

Somehow I figured that one out after extensive research and tireless hours of internet surfing - *grin*
Ah...5 Diamond cook? *hehe*

pabstcadillac
02-20-07, 10:54 AM
Just a little mo down draft if I open them up:thumbsup:

If you decide to do that, I'll take them off your hands. :alchi: I'll even come to WHP to pick them up.

Chef
02-20-07, 10:59 AM
I'll even come to WHP to pick them up.

Copy that - I'll pay for gas :thumbsup:

pabstcadillac
02-20-07, 11:03 AM
Copy that - I'll pay for gas :thumbsup:

It's a mile & half from my house. I think I can handle the gas. Throw in a buffet for 1 & I may be able to swing you a V hat or something like that. :alchi:

svassh
02-20-07, 11:18 AM
Somehow I figured that one out after extensive research and tireless hours of internet surfing - *grin*
Ah...5 Diamond cook? *hehe*

Good to know, I wasn't sure and didn't have time to do that research for you yet. I'll check that one off my list. :highfive:

v-ape
02-20-07, 11:36 AM
Fog Lights = Optional

Downdraft, IMHO wont help as much as using that air for power. Route it to the engine where it can do some meaningful work.

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 11:38 AM
I guess the legality part has been answered but I will tell you this. My friend in Miami had his fogs removed before even taking ownership and put the mesh screen in place of each! Looks very good and I do believe the dealer did it but I could be wrong on that. This was a year and a half ago. If it meant anything, I could always call him.

I also agree with V-APE as I would make it work with the air. I am not sure but it is possible that my friends is functional.

Chef
02-20-07, 01:13 PM
Air could be directed to the engine, brakes and also double for a splitter of sorts...This is where I'm heading...