: Concept GM key fob and key

medlines
02-20-07, 08:45 AM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/abslide-2.jpg

Looks nice, may be we will see it on an Escalade............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pabstcadillac
02-20-07, 08:51 AM
Or a Buick for that matter. :alchi:

hcvone
02-20-07, 09:16 AM
I'm just happy my fob works when I press the button, don't really care about the looks. ;)

sj1400
02-20-07, 11:19 AM
For this price I wanted keyless start like the C6 - oh well..

outofdablue
02-20-07, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I agree. When you buy one of the more expensive gm product, you would hope not to get cookie cutter parts from a less expensive model. Or atleast up to par with other companies technologies such as the keyless start.

benamaster
02-20-07, 12:33 PM
I really like that Cadillac Key Fob that was shown before on here and that some say is pictured in the manual. No one has seen one yet though. Its sad that the Cadillac comes with the same keyfob as a minivan or a Tahoe. The key has the logo but mine fell off.

07slade
02-20-07, 03:52 PM
Thats pretty nice looking, but an audi like key fob would be well appreciated by me, its all one piece and the switchblade motion is so cool...

benamaster
02-20-07, 07:31 PM
Thats pretty nice looking, but an audi like key fob would be well appreciated by me, its all one piece and the switchblade motion is so cool...

Thats true we could use a one piece fob like what most of the other luxury brands have. I can imagine having that key and fob in my pocket with the two of them rubbing together and getting all scratched up.

medlines
02-21-07, 07:04 AM
If you remember Guys I also posted the first Thread about the other Fob in the Manual as Benamaster mentioned, so for a near 70,000 $ SUV you should be getting a more classy Fob worthy of the SUVs value, but unfortunatly I do not think that any of these fobs will come to the market in the near future. As GM mentioned they will be releasing an unypgraded KeyFob in april, the one with the LCD and antenna, but it still looks like an aftermarket Chinese unbranded alarm lookalike fob.
So I do not know where the GM guys are thinking.

benamaster
02-21-07, 10:56 AM
Sad thing is I believe the LCD fob will be an option too. They need to include the fancier keyfob thats shown in the manual it would be a good start. I mean not that the key and fob matter as much as what the vehicle looks like but still its kinda embarassing having a key and fob that is pratically the same across the whole GM lineup.

nbomar
02-21-07, 11:34 AM
and we wonder why american automakers are struggling to sell cars. So many other options are available on the German and Japanese based vehicles....

LLT
02-21-07, 07:57 PM
I'd prefer the STS fob and not have a key at all. I think it's Mercedes that offers a credit card size device like a proximity access card that slides in your wallet that allows keyless entry/start - now that would be nice.

I don't really care what they key and fob look like. I just wish it didn't hit the steering column over every little road imperfection.

tpcss
02-23-07, 05:06 AM
$60k and our key resembles something I've seen in a golf cart. When the dealer gave me the keys to my 07 EXT, I thought it was a spare or something. Keyless would be best (like the wife's Lexus) but even a key/remote combo would have been nice. What's this about an update/option coming in April?

grantwest
02-24-07, 12:33 AM
I just thought I was a joke how the key hits the stearing colum and makes noise. All that sound proofing to keep it quite inside and the key fob is banging against the colum. A keyless system would take care of this