: New CTS-V Owner here :-)

RamAir02
02-19-07, 05:26 PM
Hey everybody I am the new owner of a black raven 2005 CTS-V with ebony interior. I bought it today from a dealer in south Jersey, but my insurance company is closed so I am picking it up tomorrow. I am very excited!!! She has 21,xxx miles on her.

One question I do have...the throw on the shifter is WAY too long for my liking. What short throw shifter do most CTS-V guys use and which is the shortest throw of them all? Thanks for any input guys I appreciate it.

Also, I'm new to the CTS-V but not to the LS series engine. Before I bought this CTS-V I had a 2000 Trans Am with 430 rwhp. :)

svassh
02-19-07, 05:30 PM
Welcome aboard, enjoy that V.

On the shifter there are really 2 popular choices B&M and UUC. The UUC is around twice the price of the B&M but the B&M has noise issues for some folks. Regardless make sure you contact James @ Lindsay Cadillac and purchase the new shift mount bushings. Look around and PM him, you will see his name all over this board.

RunningOnEMT
02-19-07, 05:30 PM
welcome to the forum

DRINK THE KOOLAID!!!!!!!!!

seriously drink it... then call Lindsay Cadillac (a supporting vendor here) and order yourself a UUC shortshifter, and the bushings that go with it

There is a lot of debate about the shifters but i'd rather pay for what i like than save a couple hundred and have to deal with creaks and wiggles that would annoy the every living daylights out of me

RunningOnEMT
02-19-07, 05:31 PM
Welcome aboard, enjoy that V.

On the shifter there are really 2 popular choices B&M and UUC. The UUC is around twice the price of the B&M but the B&M has noise issues for some folks. Regardless make sure you contact James @ Lindsay Cadillac and purchase the new shift mount bushings. Look around and PM him, you will see his name all over this board.

you type too fast :mad: :rant2:

valdeztke
02-19-07, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the club. I am going to assume you arent new to the forums either.

This is where you need to go. GO here and read - then come back and ask specifics

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/newbie.html

Once again - Happy Motoring!

valdeztke
02-19-07, 05:33 PM
Damn all three of us --- we have no life :mad:

RamAir02
02-19-07, 05:35 PM
here's the link to the car i bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Cadillac-CTS-V-Navigation-Heated-Leather-Sunroof_W0QQitemZ160086884065QQihZ006QQcategoryZ43 903QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The car is perfect besides a couple very minor things:
1. some rock chips on the front end and feels like its bottomed out a few times on driveways or something, but nothing serious
2. small abrasion on back bumper, looks like it was backed into, no dent just some paint work needed
3. a couple of the buttons around the navi are peeling
4. under the center console armrest is cracked, but not visible when the armrest is down

Do you guys think any of these things will be replaced or fixed under warranty? Also what's the deal with warrantying the rear ends of 04/05s and replacing them with 06+ differentials and half shafts?

Is there a vendor on here that can get me a new armrest and new buttons for the navi?

RunningOnEMT
02-19-07, 05:35 PM
Shutup Juan!!!!!!!!!!!

BowenCT
02-19-07, 05:51 PM
Must be why I haven't gotten a call back.......

RamAir02
02-19-07, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah sorry man I meant to return your phone call. I was actually at the dealership talking with the guy when you called. I would have loved to come look at your car, but I really decided on black. For some reason silver just doesn't do it for me. Sorry man but best of luck to you, I'm sure she'll find a happy home.

BowenCT
02-19-07, 06:10 PM
No worries bro, if it sells it sells, if it doesn't by spring then I drive it for another 6 months.......it's all good......

theloanman219
02-19-07, 06:34 PM
welcome from sunny SWFL! we love to see new faces here. You are going to love it here. Not sure on the shifter thing yet. I don't have one. Looked at the car and damn she is sweet. The windows need tinting though. We need some pics outside.

Gene

ctsvflorida
02-19-07, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah sorry man I meant to return your phone call. I was actually at the dealership talking with the guy when you called. I would have loved to come look at your car, but I really decided on black. For some reason silver just doesn't do it for me. Sorry man but best of luck to you, I'm sure she'll find a happy home.

:rant2: LOL

Just kidding about the silver, but lemme tell you what I think of black...LOL

OK, on to your issues! I didn't read the next page to see if you got replies but the center console? They all break..they're JUNK! Warranty? No problem! The '06 rear won't be a problem but you'll need a whine or something and a cool dealer for a whine...from the cars rear of course! The '06 rears have bad seals and will start leaking with in 1-3 months and will need replacing so if your dealer does not know about it then tell them that they should replace the seal before installing. The nav buttons are replaced when they peel under warranty too.

The only other question I remember is the shifter and I actually like the callous's on my knuckles and my elbow from shifting hard with the 'stock' shifter! :burn:

ctsvflorida
02-19-07, 06:50 PM
Hey Gene where's the wheel pics? I've been away! Also, where is the newbie from in SFL? I'll be back in Miami at the end of the week!

RamAir02
02-19-07, 07:51 PM
:rant2: LOL

Just kidding about the silver, but lemme tell you what I think of black...LOL

OK, on to your issues! I didn't read the next page to see if you got replies but the center console? They all break..they're JUNK! Warranty? No problem! The '06 rear won't be a problem but you'll need a whine or something and a cool dealer for a whine...from the cars rear of course! The '06 rears have bad seals and will start leaking with in 1-3 months and will need replacing so if your dealer does not know about it then tell them that they should replace the seal before installing. The nav buttons are replaced when they peel under warranty too.

The only other question I remember is the shifter and I actually like the callous's on my knuckles and my elbow from shifting! :burn:

Wow man great post I really appreciate the specific answers to my questions!:worship:

Sorry for being a n00b guys! I really do appreciate all the help though. This seems to be a great community and I'm glad to be a part of it :)

I'll be sure to visit my local Cadillac dealer ASAP before the warranty runs out :thepan:

ctsvflorida
02-19-07, 08:09 PM
Wow man great post I really appreciate the specific answers to my questions!:worship:

Sorry for being a n00b guys! I really do appreciate all the help though. This seems to be a great community and I'm glad to be a part of it :)

I'll be sure to visit my local Cadillac dealer ASAP before the warranty runs out :thepan:

No problem and we were all noobs once! Are u the one in South Florida? If not, then who is (Gene) Loanman talking about?

RamAir02
02-19-07, 08:45 PM
:thumbsup: New Jersey here!

ctsvett
02-19-07, 11:25 PM
welcome!

Reed

HushH
02-20-07, 12:54 AM
Welcome. Good choice on the color too.

heavymetals
02-20-07, 04:29 AM
Welcome indeed!

The V is a hoot.:thumbsup:

theloanman219
02-20-07, 07:23 AM
No problem and we were all noobs once! Are u the one in South Florida? If not, then who is (Gene) Loanman talking about?

damn man are you getting old?? It says welcome FROM not TO sunny SWFL!

I though only the older, slower folks were more south near me. lol:thepan:

oh and the wheels. I Pm'D you last night.

rand49er
02-20-07, 01:08 PM
... i'd rather pay for what i like than save a couple hundred and have to deal with creaks and wiggles that would annoy the every living daylights out of meGot no "creaks and wiggles" here PLUS I've got $200 in my hip pocket all while knowing my B&M won't break off in my hand while in the middle of an intersection. :thumbsup:

BTW, :welcome: .

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 01:41 PM
Got no "creaks and wiggles" here PLUS I've got $200 in my hip pocket all while knowing my B&M won't break off in my hand while in the middle of an intersection. :thumbsup:

BTW, :welcome: .

I've heard the same thing! :worship:

Get em Randy!

ctsvflorida
02-20-07, 01:47 PM
damn man are you getting old?? It says welcome FROM not TO sunny SWFL!

I though only the older, slower folks were more south near me. lol:thepan:

oh and the wheels. I Pm'D you last night.

Yes, old and tired! LOL Last night I was on 3 hours sleep plus 5 days in South Beach! Anyone from Miami here would know Mark Morales from 103.5, the DJ in the afternoon and one of the Fat Boyz from way back! Well, I was partying with him for 2 of the 5 days so you can only imagine the condition I am in. I am still recovering! Just to show you how old I am, my boy was out with Mark for 4 days and they both tortured me on my lack of endurance! I may go back down for some more torture on Thurs.

valdeztke
02-20-07, 06:53 PM
Yes, old and tired! LOL Last night I was on 3 hours sleep plus 5 days in South Beach! Anyone from Miami here would know Mark Morales from 103.5, the DJ in the afternoon and one of the Fat Boyz from way back! Well, I was partying with him for 2 of the 5 days so you can only imagine the condition I am in. I am still recovering! Just to show you how old I am, my boy was out with Mark for 4 days and they both tortured me on my lack of endurance! I may go back down for some more torture on Thurs.

Kids? What are they ?

:rolleyes:

1Sonterra
02-20-07, 08:27 PM
Welcome from Texas - Another 2005 V - Black Raven (Minus the red pin stripe?)
:)

RamAir02
02-21-07, 09:53 AM
Two questions...

1. If I order the UUC shifter and bushings from Lindsay Cadillac, will these parts void my warranty?

2. Will my local Cadillac dealership install the shifter and bushings for me?

Thanks

valdeztke
02-21-07, 09:57 AM
Well please keep one thing in mind. Voiding warrantied work varies from dealer to dealer. Lindsay has a very mod friendly approach more so I think because their service manager happens to be a bit of a mod V happy owner himself but also they can profit on accomodating the customer by installing mods.

You should really go to your local service manager and speak directly to him. Ask him if they will install these parts. Have him contact the guys at Lindsay if he has any questions. Remeber mods dont void warranties service managers do :) :thumbsup:

RamAir02
02-21-07, 10:22 AM
Cool! :thumbsup: Great response, I'll be heading to my local dealership today to get some info. Is there a walkthrough somewhere online for the UUC shifter? I've heard its one of the only options where all you have to do is remove the console. It seems the rest of the V shifter options need removal of the trans crossmember and droppin the tranny. Is this accurate?

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it.

And thanks for not flaming the n00b!! :thepan:

valdeztke
02-21-07, 10:30 AM
Have you checked the Caddy FAQ site? read through this site it has EVERYTHING you may need to know as a Noobster!

UUC Shifter Install Instructions
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/mshifter/index.html

ctsvflorida
02-21-07, 10:52 AM
Kids? What are they ?

:rolleyes:

Who kids? What? U lost me!

RamAir02
02-21-07, 02:43 PM
Where can I find the RPO codes? I don't know which suspension package I have.

ctsvett
02-21-07, 11:53 PM
www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo

it has instructions on where to find the RPO codes.. Keep in mind that the FG2 RPO codes will not be on that sticker because it is a dealer installed option.

Reed

stkshkr
02-22-07, 02:43 AM
[quote=RamAir02;987322] It seems the rest of the V shifter options need removal of the trans crossmember and droppin the tranny. Is this accurate?/quote]

The B&M, or any of the others AFAIK do not require removal.
PS: B&M has a shorter throw than the UUC is cheaper and I have no noise.

Tags63
02-22-07, 11:15 AM
Hey!!!

Congrats!! You'll love it even with the quirks!!! A shit load of mods you can do if you're going that route. Good luck and have fun!!!!

Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: