: Can't Get Faq To Work!

ctsvflorida
02-19-07, 12:29 PM
I have had this problem before and maybe I am doing something wrong but I am putting in 'fuel rail covers' and it is coming back as nothing found. What I need is the instructions for the modifying of the Corvette fuel rail covers to make them fit as I finally broke down and splurged! Thanks

BTW: I think it was Randy that couldn't get the FAQ to work one night either so maybe it's not me! :bouncy:

EDIT: I just tried putting in rear and that came back as no items fopund or something so it must not be working! If anyone has those instructions and you can send the link, then that would be great. Thanks

BLACK_CTSV
02-19-07, 12:48 PM
Here you go:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/cvet-frc2.html

heavypedal
02-19-07, 02:09 PM
Yep, it works for me. I followed the above instructions for my FRCs...

heavypedal
02-19-07, 02:13 PM
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your painted FRCs

T

thebigjimsho
02-19-07, 02:20 PM
Oooohhhhhhhhh, that's a Q! I was going to say that Florian knows how to make them work! Just look at Fannystang(RIP, little guy)...

ctsvflorida
02-19-07, 03:55 PM
OK, moving right along here but I am having a difficult time getting the driver side rear fuel rail clip to clip on the fuel rail. It appears that the fuel line is in the way! Did you guys cut all the way along, almost taking out the E in Corvette to get that to snap to the fuel rail? Or, can it that just flap around a bit?

thebigjimsho
02-19-07, 04:00 PM
Flap it baby!

ctsvflorida
02-19-07, 04:19 PM
Flap it baby!

Are you being serious Jim? Will it flap and make all kinds of noise? I don't want to put the strut bar back and it is horrible! Let me know please!

svassh
02-19-07, 04:46 PM
I was able to trim around it likes so, mine is snapped down tighter than Big Jim's anus.

ctsvflorida
02-19-07, 05:55 PM
So, it looks like you cut that part on the right and it then caught the rail? Also, how did you not cut the little corner by the brake fluid? That corner on the left in the pic. Your covers look higher! I couldn't possibly make it work without cutting that corner for the brake cannister. Splain. LOL

svassh
02-19-07, 06:55 PM
So, it looks like you cut that part on the right and it then caught the rail? Also, how did you not cut the little corner by the brake fluid? That corner on the left in the pic. Your covers look higher! I couldn't possibly make it work without cutting that corner for the brake cannister. Splain. LOL

Correct, I cut it out to clear the metal tubing. As for the brake fluid, it does rest on there after its snapped down. There is no vibration or anything I have noticed. The brake fluid container is mounted to the block so it all moves together.

ctsvflorida
02-19-07, 07:05 PM
Correct, I cut it out to clear the metal tubing. As for the brake fluid, it does rest on there after its snapped down. There is no vibration or anything I have noticed. The brake fluid container is mounted to the block so it all moves together.

I couldn't even pass mine withut cutting it, the brake fluid. What I did is just leave mine not snapped down to the rear rail and it is fine. No noise and I went to test it at 90mph and it is fine! Who knew?

Thanks for the help.