: On-Star Upgrade (UPDATE)

NIK
02-19-07, 09:27 AM
I never thought my original post would cause such an uproar! To update my situation, after a 3 day wait for the equipment, I took the car into the dealer on Friday, was told that it would take about 2 hours. Got comfortable in the lounge, car was ready in 50 minutes! Absolutely flawless job, couldn't even tell anything had been done to the car. My tech explained that I had a new phone number, but to wait 24 hours for everything to go into effect, including setting up my personal numbers. Did so, checked the next day and everything works perfectly, system is much easier to set up, reception is crisp and clear and, in a nutshell, I'm happy.

In response to an earlier post, I knew I needed an upgrade because On-Star advised me as such (3 times.) The dealer had nothing to do with my decision to get the upgrade. I went to him and he guided me through what had to be done. As to someone trying to "sell" me the upgrade, I respectfully don't know what you're talking about. I pre-paid one year which I was going to do anyway, and since I was going to continue using On-Star in any case and I wanted the in-car phone capability, the way I see it the upgrade cost me a total of $15.00 (service charge) - well worth it in my opinion.

ewill3rd
02-19-07, 10:02 AM
Glad it went well, that is precisely how it is supposed to work.
Enjoy!

The Tony Show
02-19-07, 10:09 AM
That's great Nik. That call quality and voice dialing really is better, isn't it?

NIK
02-19-07, 10:11 AM
That's great Nik. That call quality and voice dialing really is better, isn't it?

Definately! No regrets whatsoever that I had it done.