: Somebody Hit My New Car..........

vettethret
02-18-07, 08:02 PM
Nothin major but I'm with the Fiance and her mom and dad. We park down in Balboa Island. I come out and theres a car parked about a millimeter away from my rear bumper. Hes an older man and I start screaming. He says he didnt hit it. I dont think he did because he had a front plate and the damage would have been worse. I apologize to the guy. It must have been the piece of shi$ parked there before him. What the f$%* is going on in our society. 3 months ago I'm driving down the 133 and some guy taps me when I'm in the car and takes off before I can pull out into traffic. If I carried my gun out of the house, I'd be in jail for murder within a week. Theres no respect left. I tried to use polishing compound but it didnt take the scuffs out. Car has 83 miles on it. Sorry, I just had to vent!

RightTurn
02-18-07, 08:05 PM
:dammit: What a bummer. Sorry about ur baby.

CVP33
02-18-07, 08:12 PM
I feel your pain. I was sitting at a red light last month when a lady in a Land Cruiser, complete with grille guard and off-road lights (like this truck will ever see dirt) rear ended me. Minor hit, but did dimple the bumper cover. $1,000 later, I have a new rear bumper cover.

RightTurn
02-18-07, 08:18 PM
... Land Cruiser, complete with grille guard and off-road lights ...

Hey, it's rough at the mall. :lol:

theloanman219
02-18-07, 08:25 PM
that stinks a whole lot. My wife has a petty cash just in case someone hits my car and she has to bail me out of jail.

vettethret
02-18-07, 08:30 PM
that stinks a whole lot. My wife has a petty cash just in case someone hits my car and she has to bail me out of jail.

Trust me, my temper is not a good one. It would have been worth it happening if I could have caught the guy. Man or women, my fist would have been through the window. I'm taking Gracie-barra Jujitsu for my temper and it's not working. I want blood! I'm hoping it could be taken out with an orbital, if not, I'll have to spend the $500 large to respray it!

theloanman219
02-18-07, 08:45 PM
I know. I have had some minor work done. The good thing about a used car is someone else took the hit on the "drive of the lot take it in the pooper" the bad thing is that it is not brand new. It has cost me $600 already in minor work to make it perfect. I don't car because it is very new now. I can't imagine buy it new and only having a few miles on and then that. But you are doing the right thing. Have it fixed and chaulk one up for ignorant people. Now matter how mad you get it wont change the fact that people just dont care.

I will park in the next zip code just to not get a ding. Its good for me to walk. Hell I live in florida and the weather is nice all the time anyways.

Good luck with it. And post some pics of the new car so we can see.

Gene

1Sonterra
02-18-07, 09:06 PM
Damn, that sucks on such a low mileage new ride........sorry dude. Get it fixed so you don't get mad every time you look at it.

I think people go out of there way to screw with nice cars / trucks in parking lots. I just sold my H2 and had the same problem with door dings from pieces of crap in parking lots just slamming their doors into mine!

With the V....I try not to park in between 2 other cars...but it is not always possible with the crowded parking lots these days.

Sorry to hear about the damage.

1Sonterra

V-Max
02-18-07, 09:13 PM
There goes your marriage. Your car is replaceable, current fiance and inlaws are not.

Norm

ahahnu
02-18-07, 09:41 PM
That sucks. I feel for you. With in a month of getting my car a taxi tapped me pulling out of a parking spot in NYC. I wasn't happy and it happened right outside of my building with co workers coming out.
Definately park away from everyone. No one cares. Drop the wife off and pick her up if she has a problem, or don't take her if she doesn't get it.
CTSV05 told me of a time he waited for some punk kids to get out of walmart after parking right up against his side. I could imagine the look on their faces being confronted by him.

MIKEC
02-18-07, 10:59 PM
i feel your pain man mine was not hit but on may 8th i was scheduled for an oil change at the dealer came outside seen something white on the blk v someone keyed it from the driverside head light around to pass head light tic tac toed the lower skirt 3000.00 to repair