: Oh, and looked at a black/black '94 FWB too...

caddycruiser
02-18-07, 07:41 PM
In addition to my brother looking at the '79 Deville near home and sending me pictures and details, I've been helping an interested friend on another GM board in looking at a '94 FWB he spotted near where he lives and in the paper.

He's been familiar with the car for a while, seeing it at the store and such, and told me it always looked well kept and he had said "If I ever see a for sale sign on it...", well, that happened.

I called the seller for him, since I know a lot more about them than he does, and got the report. It's a 1994 Fleetwood base, black on black leather, with no vinyl roof, and Brougham model wheels. Current owner has had it about 5 years, and told me he just recently did new front HD shocks, brakes all around, complete transmission service, and also a general tune-up with cap & rotor and such.

I haven't seen it myself in person, aside from pics, but it looks great and the seller was very honest about it and it sounded like it was very well kept. Only kickers is it having 189,000 miles on the clock (kinda choked the friend's interest in it, at least partially).

Two pictures snapped by the friend, doing a drive-by:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Black%2094%20Fleetwood/1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Black%2094%20Fleetwood/2.jpg

He's asking $3995, which might be on the mid to higher side for the miles, but it definitely seems like a nice car--and I really like black on black and no vinyl.

96Fleetwood
02-18-07, 07:48 PM
Tell your friend to drive to Virginia Beach and buy Ralph's (caplt4) green 1995 Fleetwood. That one only has 120K on the body and 66K on the engine :thumbsup:

He also has his '95 Black R1P for sale, it has 148K miles.

caddycruiser
02-18-07, 08:28 PM
Haha, true. He's just a car nut like a lot of us, and told me he always liked these cars after I posted stuff about mine a while ago, and has asked me stuff ever since.

Right now it really isn't in his budget, especially not with 3 other brand new cars, but he's loved it since he saw it, and especially so after knowing it was for sale. Mainly just wanted it for a cheap fun car, to both use as a spare if needed, and maybe for trips occasionally. The 189k apprehension is understandable, and made me stand back a bit, but it would all depend on what I actually wanted it for--if it was really dirt cheap, I'd still jump on it.

It's in southern Jersey, not far from me in Philly. Right now, doesn't sound like he's really interested as much anymore, but we'll see. I just mentioned it to my father too and got the expected "Hmm, I still always thought the black ones looked the best." I'd get it if I wanted another spare myself, but just don't have the need.

The_Hearsecutor
02-18-07, 08:55 PM
Looks like the black/black '94 is a standard Fleetwood, not a FWB. Is it actually a Brougham with vinyl top delete? Those are hard to find....

caddycruiser
02-18-07, 09:36 PM
Looks like the black/black '94 is a standard Fleetwood, not a FWB. Is it actually a Brougham with vinyl top delete? Those are hard to find....

No, like I said, it's a base that just had a set of Brougham wheels put on. Actually, that's something I've seen quite a few times.

Red_October_7000
02-18-07, 11:31 PM
So what's the difference between a Base and a Brougham... I'm trying to find one of these cars near me but they're quite rare for sale ('though I live right near a strip club whose owner (or someone who's there frequently) must have one as it's always parked outside in the same spot, it's a nice burgandy color and just recently had the left rear quarter all stove in by something... quite a shame, too, as it's a nice car and it hasn't been fixed yet.

caddycruiser
02-18-07, 11:51 PM
So what's the difference between a Base and a Brougham... I'm trying to find one of these cars near me but they're quite rare for sale ('though I live right near a strip club whose owner (or someone who's there frequently) must have one as it's always parked outside in the same spot, it's a nice burgandy color and just recently had the left rear quarter all stove in by something... quite a shame, too, as it's a nice car and it hasn't been fixed yet.

Base was the standard model, Brougham was an upgrade trim package. Standard, the base comes with a higher 2:56 rear gear and unique seats with a little different padding, but full control.

On top of that, Brougham adds:
-Slightly lower 2:93 rear gear
-Upgraded cooling
-Different shaped and more thickly (a bit) padded seats, with front heat and memory (neither is on the base)
-Rear seat vanity mirrors
-Unique wheel style (fuller, flatter face vs. the base mesh)
-Standard vinyl top, that could be deleted by option
-Brougham badging inside and out

So, not a whole lot, but Broughams are usually a little more popular because of the somewhat nicer seats and other little items.

arivera
02-19-07, 12:18 AM
I think the difference between the base and brougham is the heated seats, the vinyl top, the wheels, and the rear vanity mirrors. I always love the extras, but the non vinyl option seems younger and sleeker for me. A couple pics of mine. Had it for two years, gonna start a project on it this summer.

Red_October_7000
02-19-07, 01:03 AM
Ah, OK thanks. I like certain colors of the landau roof but not others (saw a white car with tan roof for sale in New Jersey when I was there for my grandmother's funeral in January (The limo was a Federal, much nicer than the Eureka MCB), it was downright awful looking. I don't like white cars much either. Tripple black is my ideal way for one of these but those seem harder to find than other colors and the interior is often a light color, and I don't like that. (my current car has something I'll never have again, a grey interior. It's just blah). Heated seats are a must but I won't pass a good deal if I can find one, can they be swapped into a car without them?

arivera
02-19-07, 01:10 AM
I'm in the process of shopping for some now for mine. i'm pretty sure there a re simple swap. might have to do a little electrical work to get the heated part. i looked for my car for 3 years until i found what i was looking for, triple black. mine is a 93. i wonder how many triple black they made that year.

Benzilla
02-19-07, 01:11 AM
Black does look great on these cars, a few years ago I almost bought a tripple black '96 FWB, it had a black clothtop and looked sooo mob. I also really like these Fleetwood Broughams in Frost Beige. It looked so-so on my '96 Deville, but I love it on these. To me, it just looks very crisp, and fresh with all the chrome on these cars.

BTW, to the guy three posts up, GET SOME FRIGGIN WHITEWALLS. Stock rims and blackwalls looks bad. Whitewalls look good. Smarten up ;)

arivera
02-19-07, 01:34 AM
i will buddy. it's hard to taking care of whitewalls in a chicago winter. you should know better!

The_Hearsecutor
02-19-07, 03:13 AM
No, like I said, it's a base that just had a set of Brougham wheels put on. Actually, that's something I've seen quite a few times.

Yeah, I see that now. I suppose I got confused when I also read "FWB" at the start.

The_Hearsecutor
02-19-07, 03:27 AM
Tripple black is my ideal way for one of these but those seem harder to find than other colors and the interior is often a light color, and I don't like that. (my current car has something I'll never have again, a grey interior. It's just blah).

Blah just about sums it up. I searched for nearly a year for the "right" triple black FW. Finally found a low mile, 1 owner N.Texas car. During my search, I turned down quite a few tan and grey interiors. There's just something about those shades that don't set well with me. Even in 20k mile cars, the carpeting was discolored and the center trim around the radio/climate control didn't match the rest of the dash.

I considered going with black on grey, and customizing with black carpeting, black/grey 2-tone seating with maybe red piping, etc. to liven it up. But when I sat in a black interior, there was no turning back. Besides, all black appropriately suited the direction that I wanted my car to go in regards to modifications/mild customizing. The dark color on such a large expanse lends an air of intimacy and mystery, kinda hard to explain. The interior of a car has such an enormous impact on the driving experience. For instance, when I'm in my Fleetwood Coupe (RED INTERIOR), it's like driving a COMPLETELY different car that my CDV (WHITE INTERIOR) of the same year. So choose what you know you like and don't settle. You'll be spending alot of time in there.

Hopefully, I'll be posting pics soon (hopefully next w/e) of my interior with all the woodgrain refinished in "black marble" and other "accents". Stick to your guns while searching, and you won't have any regrets! They are out there, in small #'s, but you will find one eventually.

Benzilla
02-19-07, 04:51 AM
i will buddy. it's hard to taking care of whitewalls in a chicago winter. you should know better!
Alright, alright. I'm from Michigan, I know how it is. But down here a lot of people just get lazy and have blackwalls all year round, that really gets on my nerves. As long as there's some in the future, that's cool.:thumbsup:

caddycruiser
02-19-07, 09:09 AM
i wonder how many triple black they made that year.

A LOT, the second most produced color below white for '93 (but you must take into account how many of those were then converted into limos and hearses).

1993 Cadillac RWD Fleetwood Production
09,670 - Base Model
22,103 - Brougham
31,773 - Grand Total

05,425 - Cotillion White
05,373 - Sable Black
04,360 - Black Sapphire Metallic
02,843 - Black Cherry Metallic
02,784 - Frost Beige Metallic
02,039 - Sapphire Blue Firemist
01,957 - Platinum Metallic
01,909 - Taupe Metallic
01,564 - Carmine Red Metallic
01,326 - Academy Gray Metallic
01,102 - Light Sapphire Blue Metallic
01,087 - Slate Green Metallic
0,0004 - Mary Kay Pink +++
31,773 - Grand Total

1994 Cadillac RWD Fleetwood Production
17,794 Brougham
09,679 Base
27,473 Grand Total

05,738 - Sable Black
04,874 - Cotillion White
02,747 - Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic
01,945 - Frost Beige Metallic
01,890 - Light Gray Metallic
0,1772 - Slate Green Metallic
01,703 - Carmine Red Metallic
01,681 - Dark Cherry Metallic
01,646 - Medium Adriatic Blue Metallic
01,254 - Taupe Metallic
01,130 - Light Adriatic Blue Metallic
0,0936 - Majestic Amethyst Metallic
0,0154 - Special Order ***
0,0003 - Mary Kay Pink +++

Included in the above 154 Special Order are:-
0,0141 - Platinum Metallic
0,0013 - Academy Gray Metallic
27,473 - Grand Total

1995 Cadillac RWD Fleetwood Production
03,916 - Sable Black
02,852 - Cotillion White
01,572 - Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic
01,403 - Frost Beige Metallic
01,383 - Fawn Grey Metallic
01,035 - Dark Cherry Metallic
00,886 - Slate Green Metallic
00,856 - Calypso Green Metallic
00,655 - Light Adriatic Blue Metallic
00,625 - Carmine Red Metallic
00,417 - Medium Adriatic Blue Metallic
00,374 - Majestic Amethyst Metallic
00,179 - Platinum Metallic ***
00,012 - Academy Grey Metallic ***
00,007 - Mary Kay Pink +++
00,004 - Black Sapphire Metallic ***
00,004 - Light Gray Metallic ***
16,180 - Grand Total

There was no seperation breakout in 1995 between the Base Fleetwood and the Fleetwood Brougham, as in 1995 the "Brougham" was listed by Cadillac as an OPTION, rather than a seperate model. The Brougham Option was viewed no differently than any other normally released optional accessory.

1996 Cadillac RWD Fleetwood Production
15,105 Grand Total All
Further Breakout:-
10,003 Brougham Model
03,333 Base Model
01,769 Other *
15,105 Grand Total

*= Other. Includes To Limousine Convertor as an "Incomplete Vehicle" also
to a Hearse Convertor, as well as to a Flower Car Convertor. Also includes Livery Cars, "Black Car Service Companies" and U.S. Government Spec Cars.

Color Breakout:-

04,488 - Sable Black
02,958 - Cotillion White
01,548 - Fawn Grey Metallic
01,416 - Frost Beige Metallic
01,327 - Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic
01,075 - Dark Cherry Red Metallic
0,0577 - Calypso Green Metallic
0,0520 - Carmine Red Metallic
0,0475 - Slate Green Metallic
0,0445 - Medium Adriatic Blue Metallic
0,0226 - Platinum Metallic ***
0,0021 - Light Adriatic Blue Metallic ***
0,0015 - Academy Grey Metallic ***
0,0005 - Black Sapphire Metallic ***
0,0005 - Light Grey ***
0,0004 - Mary Kay Pink +++
15,105 - Grand Total

----------------------------------------

Good place to repost this for some, I guess.

arivera
02-19-07, 04:45 PM
Thanks alot caddycruiser. I've been searching all over the internet for those numbers.

Hey Hearse, can't wait to see the black marble. I want to do some mod on mine too. Thinking of installing a center console similar to 2007 dts or lexus ls460. Not quite sure how i'm gonna go about that, but i have all spring to figure it before summer.

caddycruiser
02-27-07, 09:50 PM
More pictures...

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Black%2094%20Fleetwood/3.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Black%2094%20Fleetwood/4.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Black%2094%20Fleetwood/5.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Black%2094%20Fleetwood/6.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Black%2094%20Fleetwood/7.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Black%2094%20Fleetwood/8.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Black%2094%20Fleetwood/9.jpg

I was SUPPOSED to meet up with the friend interested in this car on Sunday so he could drive mine and we could go look at this car more in depth, but couldn't make it. So he went over again and took more pictures.

Still looks like a great car, except for some minor cosmetics...slightly off kilter passenger side of bumper, and some dings in the driver's side rear door and fender.

But for being all black and with 189k, looks darn good. Not for $4k, the still asked selling price (mileage, age, and the cosmetics, mainly), but also still nicer than some lower mileage ones you see from time to time...and, of course, BLACK.

If I had the time and space for a new "light" project, I'd be very interested, especially because of the colors and no vinyl. Otherwise, the friend is maybe still thinking about it, but only for a lower price.

Benzilla
02-27-07, 11:19 PM
That's beautiful, I know this is an odd request, but could you PLEASE find out what kind of tires those are? they have a slightly wider whitewall than the standard 3/4". I'd really like to know, I love how they look.

caddycruiser
02-28-07, 08:46 AM
That's beautiful, I know this is an odd request, but could you PLEASE find out what kind of tires those are? they have a slightly wider whitewall than the standard 3/4". I'd really like to know, I love how they look.

I'll try...I wondered myself.