: '07 Nav-tv

CadiLake
02-17-07, 10:05 AM
Does anyone have NAV-TV in their '07? All the talk is about the Coastal Tech GM Lockpick which obviously has issues. I just can't bring myself to getting it with the potential for some of the problems described, especially with their poor customer service. NAV-TV is another option but does not seem too popular. How does it technically work - same? Does it have the same or its own bugs? Thanks for any feedback.

benamaster
02-17-07, 11:08 PM
I think the Nav-TV one is just a video input. I'm not sure though.

yourgmsolutions
02-18-07, 12:33 AM
Nav TV piece has as much bugs and issues as Coastal one.
well, may be a few bugs less. but so expensive

esved
02-18-07, 12:57 AM
i've got the nav-tv unit in my '07 and so far no problems except for inputing destination in nav car has to be at 0mph...i never had any volume problems or such

yourgmsolutions
02-18-07, 01:34 AM
i've got the nav-tv unit in my '07 and so far no problems except for inputing destination in nav car has to be at 0mph...i never had any volume problems or such

how long ago did you have your nav Tv nodule installed ?

esved
02-18-07, 02:10 AM
around nov '06 but maybe once a month i would get a message on my nav screen telling me to service my rearview cam dont know if its nav-tv related or not but thats the only thing

benamaster
02-18-07, 02:36 PM
Nav TV piece has as much bugs and issues as Coastal one.
well, may be a few bugs less. but so expensive

Could it be just a repackaged Costal unit? I know Costal worked with Smart Park on the iPod adapter.

yourgmsolutions
02-18-07, 07:10 PM
Could it be just a repackaged Costal unit? I know Costal worked with Smart Park on the iPod adapter.

no, it completely different unit.
what I liked about nav tv piece is that you have a toggle switch to turn it on or off, means less problems down the road, and also once you are in overide mode, you can still control volume of your radio

GTSJOE97
03-04-07, 12:46 PM
My nav tv worked for 3 days

benamaster
03-04-07, 01:58 PM
My nav tv worked for 3 days

And then it stopped working or is it flawless?

GTSJOE97
03-04-07, 05:43 PM
then it smoked out nothing worked screen or anything