: CadillacFAQ.com IMPORTANT thread

ctsvett
02-16-07, 09:39 PM
In Febuary, 2007, The GM legal department contacted me about some materials posted at CadillacFAQ.com and asked that I remove them as they were copyrighted materials. These materials included the TSB library and several other documents in the document library. After some back and forth communication which involved some lawyers, and despite my better efforts, I was forced to removed this material from this website.

What I am most frusterated about is that Cadillac would not entertain the option for me to license those materials so it would then be able to host that material. I was immediatly and completely shot down going this route.
As well, I did not want to fight a very lengthly and costly legal battle which I could neither afford nor want to undertake.

Therefore, I am very sorry announce that the TSB library and some of the documents in the document library will be removed.

I did my best to keep it available so that enthusiasts, such as you and I, would have access to this and be better informed about this car.

THE FAQ WILL STILL BE OPEN and will continue to create procedures and important information about the CTS and CTS-V just without the offending materials

Special thanks to a certain member (who will remain unnamed) of this forum who helped me to navigate the legal nonsense.

You can go to this page: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/gmlegal/ to leave a comment which I will put into a sinle document and forwarded to the interested parties at GM or you can post your comments here.

Thank you everyone for all your continued support.

Reed- CTSVETT

Redline CTS-V
02-16-07, 09:49 PM
:dammit: That just blows... no better way to put it...

ctsvett
02-16-07, 09:53 PM
I know, sorry....

fill in a comment on this page: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/gmlegal.html

Reed

rand49er
02-16-07, 09:53 PM
Done.

It's all about assets, liabilities, and owners equity, ain't it?

Thanks, Reed.

HushH
02-16-07, 09:59 PM
Of course they made you take them down. Educated consumers are not as profitable.

chrisalteregokelley@
02-16-07, 10:01 PM
What better way to alienate your customers than to prevent them from safely maintaining their own vehicle or accessing important information that would be otherwise lost in corportate bureaucracy.
We have the right to know these TSB's and for them to stuff it in a place no one can find, or make it difficult to obtain, makes me question their intentions.
I want to know if my knuckle bearing is faulty and can give out in hard turns or whatever comes up...
As a response to GM I can only request at this point they allow us access to their TSB bulletin board of some sort. They may choose what to list, however, something they can offer us, the people, the reason they are in business...

DILLIGAF
02-16-07, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry Reed,you and the faq have been so helpfull to me.I can't believe GM would do this to us,I guess they want everybody clueless now.

ZEUSROTTY
02-16-07, 10:22 PM
M5 for me in 08

svassh
02-16-07, 10:25 PM
Sorry Reed, I know it must have been alot of work pulling that together.

wildwhl
02-16-07, 10:41 PM
Reed -

Your site has been far more valuable to me than anything GM, Cadillac, or their service/sales departments have offered me.

Their actions make my next vehicle purchase that much easier. Cross every GM product off the list. Hell, I already skipped the current Z06 buying a go-kart instead.

What a shame :nono:

WW

dkozloski
02-16-07, 10:42 PM
So long GM! Rot in Hell!

zozmanCTS-V
02-16-07, 10:44 PM
Too late. We read them! GM people can read? :thehand:

heavymetals
02-16-07, 11:01 PM
Cadillac DOESN"T GET IT!

They should have been paying you!:thepan:

onebadcad
02-16-07, 11:04 PM
I wrote a comment on Reed's site, and then read this thread, it is amazing how consistent each V owner is regarding this action from GM. I am not a lawyer, and am sure the copyright for this material has some merit, but to disallow it on the most helpful V site on the Net is selfish, self-serving and an obvious ploy to limit the resources of GM's own consumers. Actions, and the attitudes of those who make these decisions, are the reason GM has suffered in recent years. GM is making a resurgenece currently, but in a few years if their support for consumers is ignored as in this action, they will find themselves again looking for foreign automakers to save their butts!
Pitiful souls, they just don't get it!!!!!!!

First Class Motoring
02-16-07, 11:13 PM
Of course they made you take them down. Educated consumers are not as profitable.
:yeah: foooocking gm.looks like i need to hold on the third V and give the M/AMG cars a closer look.

V-Love
02-16-07, 11:21 PM
GM should wake up. They should definitely be paying Reed. So should I now that I think about it. I will address that situation real soon.
I hope GM lurkers read all this and reconsider working WITH you. The FAQ and this forum are very good tools for them to use. Someone over there is not too smart.

Adam
02-16-07, 11:28 PM
:nono:That's ****ing Gay! I can't believe... wait... GM :nono:... nevermind. What a bunch of morons. Please... tell me more about these AMG's.

ctsvett
02-16-07, 11:52 PM
guys,
I appreciate everyone's comments. VERY much.

My intention in posting the story behind this was not to get everyone hating GM (we all make mistakes). I only want to bring awareness to this so that GM will offer me a avenue to license this information (hopefully free or very cheap) so I can keep in on the FAQ for all of you.

So, if the FAQ helped you in some way, your comments are appreciated as well since that is the more positive way of going about this.

I personally know that I would not know NEARLY as much as I know about this car without the TSBs and the other items. My dealer certainly doesnt know and cant tell anyone about this stuff because they are not knowledgable enough. Thats where the FAQ comes in to fill that void. The FAQ is a valuable resource for all with no bias and more competance than most dealers (lindsay cadillac excluded).

THANK YOU TO ALL.

Reed

NoSlackCadillac
02-16-07, 11:59 PM
Posted my comments on the FAQ.

One look at the new CTS and it is clear that GM took their design changes from the posts on this forum.

Hopefully they wise up and make the information flow a two way street.

austin
02-17-07, 12:03 AM
Fuc^&* GM!! The only TSB they should be worrying about, is having one for the 2004-2005 Differential, and Halfshafts that they felt needed to be upgraded on 2006+ models.

:want: GM

chazman
02-17-07, 12:06 AM
That's very disappointing, that GM would want to keep this very valuable information away from the actual owners.

VelieVer ttt
02-17-07, 12:09 AM
Can you e-mail us the documents???

heavymetals
02-17-07, 12:13 AM
You won't find a site like the FAQ's for the other brands.

rblimas
02-17-07, 12:16 AM
sorry to hear but gm can be a pain in the ass some times.

enyo
02-17-07, 12:48 AM
"everyone at GM is obsessed with quality" that's the new tag line. Might as well get rid of anything negative....

yourgmsolutions
02-17-07, 02:33 AM
well, they've been all over my ass too for last 2 years, and I still don't get it, what's their problem? You did not sell their info, just trying to help people. shame on them,

kgoch
02-17-07, 06:16 AM
Reed, you are doing a GREAT job. I have used and appreciated the web site very much. I have attempted to support GM and American made products, but if this is the way they treat there customers, then hello Foriegn. Again Reed you are much appreciated !!!

commander112
02-17-07, 06:46 AM
I'm sorry to read that they are making you take the info down. I was nice to have a library to point us all in the right direction when an issue occurs. That said, I cannot blame GM or any of the other manufacturers for requesting that their copywrited, internal documents are not posted in public. Please realize that often consumers that do not even have an issue that is in a TSB come running into a dealer saying that they have an issue and demand that the offending part be replaced. This can be very costly.
By the way, DCX also has a tendency to avoid doing TSB work until it becomes a real issue. I am friends with an ex zone manager for them. I also know that Mazda is not pleased about the listing of this sort of info and may have followed this same course of action by now. So stop American bashing.
As for the future here, certainly the TSB numbers are known and the basic content of the TSB is also known. What is wrong with simply placing a list of numbers and issues in a database? It will avoid any legal issue and is simply protected first ammendment freedom of speech (press) at that point. Or at the very minimum when a poster asks a question, the response can include all of the stuff to point the dealer in the correct direction to fix the problem.
As I posted in another thread, my car is in getting a new transmission right now because of the 6th gear issue. The car clearly had an issue and the tech drove it and confirmed that he heard and felt it also. I handed him a copy of the TSB and he said that it was the first he had heard of it and the first time he had encountered it. Too bed that this time saving option with no longer be available to us.

Mark

RunningOnEMT
02-17-07, 07:48 AM
I am just as upset as everyone else that this great resource is no longer as readily available with just a click. BUT, at the same time, i understand where GM is coming from, it is afterall their material, they are a corporation that is driven by profit and this intellectual property helps drive that engine, so while i am leaving a comment on the FAQ that reflects my opinion that this is all petty nonsense and they have alienated a large portion of their purchasing public, if not a large portion a very vocal minority. I can't justify blabbing on here how their completely legal actions to prevent THEIR property from falling into the "wrong" hands has soured me on GM in general.

Most of these documents will still be just a click away, but from different sources.

nyyankeehater
02-17-07, 08:14 AM
Reed -

Your site has been far more valuable to me than anything GM, Cadillac, or their service/sales departments have offered me.

Their actions make my next vehicle purchase that much easier. Cross every GM product off the list. Hell, I already skipped the current Z06 buying a go-kart instead.

What a shame :nono:

WW

Well put WW! I have found the information there quite useful. Just shows how out of touch executives :alchi: of these corporations are to modern day communication tools. They could have gone the opposite way and supported the site which would have created loyalty rather than disdain for the stupidity of their logic. I too will re-think my next purchase.

Keep the faith Reed!! We all love ya! :highfive:

One more thought... isn't information such as this legally supposed to be available to us through some public disclosure law? Not like Reed hasn't tried this, but I thought by law they had to disclose this type of information.

dqw1
02-17-07, 08:35 AM
Reed, sorry you have to go through this BS. My basic comment I submitted was that if GM can monitor our forums, why can't they get involved in a positive way?

nxlr8
02-17-07, 09:21 AM
I'm sure "someone" has saved all these Bulletin's... :thumbsup:

They will ALWAYS be available... just might not be as easy to find :thepan:

The Tony Show
02-17-07, 09:37 AM
*edited out*

onebadcad
02-17-07, 09:39 AM
Some stated that they do not agree, but understand GM's actions due to the documents are copyrighted. I would only agree if the following were done:

1) Each TSB is sent via certified letter or courier
2) Each owner is contacted via phone by Cadillac Assistance
3) GM provides an easy to navigate site which allows access to all TSBs

Pretty certain numbers one and two are not the current policy, as I have yet to receive a TSB and I purchased my V brand new in August 2004. Not sure about number three, as if so, it has never been promoted by GM. I am thankful to Reed and his site, as my alarm was inactivated by the factory, and due only to the information provided freely from Reed's site was the dealer able to know about the problem-I actually had to print the bulletin as the dealership had no clue what I was talking about. Reed's site attracts more consumers to the V than it discourages, they should be paying him a monthly royalty in the high five-figure range! Copyrights should be enforced when they protect the maker/author, in this instance I only see a selfish and covert motive.

G--
02-17-07, 10:14 AM
Thanks for all your assistance Reed. We appreciate your help, and it is very unfortunate regarding the legal issues in today's world that documents that are published to assist owners, cannot be used by owners unless, provided by the proper channels.
I wonder if Honda lawyers search the web looking for Honda proprietary material to ensure their TSBs and other material don't get in the hands of Honda enthusiasts....oh wait, could it possibly be that maybe they prefer this, as it may make thier cars more popular with one of their target markets?!? (Used or New?)
All I will say is that I was an avid reader of this site prior to purchasing my V, learned about the achillies heal(s) of these cars, and bought one after gathering as much info as I could...what a concept.

CVP33
02-17-07, 10:24 AM
I believe this has less to do with copyright infringement and more to do with asset protection. GM is fed up with informed owners demanding TSB repairs and us knowing exactly what to say to a service writer to affect repairs. Nearly every owner/enthusiast on our site has benefitted directly or indirectly from the FAQ's site. Hopefully my monetary and intellectual contributions have helped and will continue helping in some small way. I fear that if GM continues this focus on moving inventory and less on after sale consumer satisfaction their current sales and profit trends will be short lived. Everyday GM makes it harder for me to return as a customer and Daimler Chrysler makes it harder to leave.

2004 CTS-V former owner
2005 CTS-V former owner
2006 300C SRT-8 = 29,500 uneventful, trouble-free, hassle-free, confrontation-free miles and counting.

ahahnu
02-17-07, 11:30 AM
First, thank you Reed for all of your efforst on te forums not to mention ofcourse th FAQ. Thank you too to your little birdie (legal consultation). Every company has internal documents that it doens want customers seeing, mine is no different.I wouldn't want customers reading about defects in merchandise they just bought. The V series is one of the highest marks of the GM name. It is a little disappointing they can't help us more.

lawfive
02-17-07, 12:38 PM
Hmmm, that Challenger is looking better...

Yeah, Putstuff.com. Not that Reed would ever use it. But some anonymous other person might...

Lord Cadillac
02-17-07, 12:52 PM
I do believe these documents are available but they come with a price. I think $20.00 per day.. So the issue is probably the fact that if they're available for free elsewhere, people wouldn't pay to view them at the GM site.

If I'm not mistaken, Reed wants to work WITH GM on this issue. It doesn't have to be over and done with just yet. Give it some time and see what can be worked out. Continue voicing your opinions.. However, I don't think flaunting ideas and ways to make the content available by working around the rules is going to help. I'm sure Reed would agree...

Also. If you have any ideas that Chrysler would not take this same action, go ahead and make their TSBs available for free online and see how long it takes for them to send you a cease and desist notification.

heavypedal
02-17-07, 12:56 PM
Hey Reed, filled out the form on your site and man....this sucks. Agree with all the above comments, so not going to rewrite what I filled out in the form.

Thanks for all the work you do for us and putting up with this krap....we all appreciate it.

Thanks,

T

ctsvett
02-17-07, 01:08 PM
Sal, as usual, hit the nail on the head...

Reed

CVP33
02-17-07, 01:45 PM
Also. If you have any ideas that Chrysler would not take this same action, go ahead and make their TSBs available for free online and see how long it takes for them to send you a cease and desist notification.

300C forums. See "TSB's" sticky.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tsb-recall-forum/

The Tony Show
02-17-07, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but that was true here also until a few days ago. Chances are that DCX wouldn't be happy if they saw it, either.

If it ends up needing some money thrown at it, I for one would be willing to contribute. It saves me and my techs a ton of time and aggrivation when I can hand them the document at the time of write-up. It saves diagnostic time, and allows me to get my car back faster and fixed right the first time, both things that any Corporate HQ wants from its Service Deptartments.

2004ctsv
02-17-07, 02:33 PM
300C forums. See "TSB's" sticky.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tsb-recall-forum/

What happens when GM buys Chrysler?

The Tony Show
02-17-07, 03:05 PM
God, I hope that doesn't happen. That'd be like almost drowning, and as you struggle back to the surface, grabbing an anchor.

CVP33
02-17-07, 03:07 PM
What happens when GM buys Chrysler?

More differential, transmission, navigation system, radiator and clutch failures. Why do you ask?

The Tony Show
02-17-07, 03:09 PM
Uh oh, we've riled the sleeping giant....

:Poke:

ctsvett
02-18-07, 12:13 AM
did you read this at the top of every Chrysler bulletin:

"This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retreival system,
or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of DaimlerChrysler Corporation."

Hmmm.. its just a matter of time... I have had TSBs up for a long time now... they just asked me to take them down...

Give it time CVP..

2004CTSV, you should know better than to poke a hibernating bear (CVP33)... we only let him around here cause he doesnt say much unless we make a crack about a Dodge err... chrysler. HAHAH

Reed

CVP33
02-18-07, 02:54 AM
I only chime in when people start justifying their failing vehicles. Oh, I guess I shouldn't have driven it so hard. Oh, I guess all new models have glitches. Quit explaining away mechanical and engineering failures and DO SOMETHING! I did, and I've NEVER been happier.

did you read this at the top of every Chrysler bulletin:

"This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retreival system,
or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of DaimlerChrysler Corporation."

Hmmm.. its just a matter of time... I have had TSBs up for a long time now... they just asked me to take them down...

Give it time CVP..

2004CTSV, you should know better than to poke a hibernating bear (CVP33)... we only let him around here cause he doesnt say much unless we make a crack about a Dodge err... chrysler. HAHAH

Reed

SuperVeee
02-18-07, 11:40 AM
For 24.95 you can subscribe to 1 year of TSBs for only years 2004 or 2005 on http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/. I don't see anything in 2006 though. Hopefully this helps the pain some.

svassh
02-18-07, 11:46 AM
For 24.95 you can subscribe to 1 year of TSBs for only years 2004 or 2005 on http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/. I don't see anything in 2006 though. Hopefully this helps the pain some.

Amazing, another company can profit off them but GM won't let Cadillacfaq post them for free. Great car but GM still doesn't get why Americans are buying more Jap and German luxury cars.

Its about the OWNERSHIP experience, the dealers can make it or break it.

2004ctsv
02-18-07, 01:45 PM
I only chime in when people start justifying their failing vehicles. Oh, I guess I shouldn't have driven it so hard. Oh, I guess all new models have glitches. Quit explaining away mechanical and engineering failures and DO SOMETHING! I did, and I've NEVER been happier.

"but I really miss you guys and can't stay away"

That's okay Chris, we'll give you love no matter what. We expect the prodigal son to come home some day

T

CVP33
02-18-07, 01:54 PM
"but I really miss you guys and can't stay away"

That's okay Chris, we'll give you love no matter what. We expect the prodigal son to come home some day

T

Much love felt. I reserve my hatred for a corporation and it's treatment of it's owner/enthusiasts. I don't "hate" people and certainly not forum members. Car guys are good guys. :thumbsup:

ctsvett
02-18-07, 03:10 PM
damn, and here I thought you hated me.. HAHAHA

Sometimes I agree with your hatred of said corporation's policies, other times I drive around in my V and thank the lord they exist cause I wouldnt want to drive anything else.

Reed

CVP33
02-18-07, 03:54 PM
damn, and here I thought you hated me.. HAHAHA

Sometimes I agree with your hatred of said corporation's policies, other times I drive around in my V and thank the lord they exist cause I wouldnt want to drive anything else.

Reed

Not you Reed. You walk the talk in my book. If you ever venture to my neck of the woods, I'd buy you a beer in a heartbeat! I do miss flogging my V and the SRT-8 will never satisfy every desire, nor did the V. I hope the next gen' V rocks.

nickc50310
02-18-07, 07:43 PM
Well this is a bunch of shit to say the least. GM decides to dump on the most die hard fans and supporters they have. I am a HUGE Cadillac fan and planned on driving Cadillac for my entire life.... but now I doubt it. Its so disgusting how corporations run these days. These are documents that could potentially save a life and here they are denying us access to them for fear it will cost them money.

Thats exactly what theyre doing too! The only reason they are doing this is because it could potentially cost them money! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

During the summer I had a problem with my AC. The car went to my dealer several times and they could never figure the problem. No matter how many times I took it in the couldnt get it fixed. Finally I brought in a TSB from Reed's site and bing bang, it fixed the problem. How many trips did the FAQ save me with that TSB? How much money did it save GM by them not having to keep on replacing parts and slaving over my car?? My dealer had ZERO knowledge of the TSB I brought in for them.

This crap just makes me want to blow my diff and scratch my nav every 10000 miles just so those bastards have to keep dumping money into my car. Everytime a part is replaced that replaced part gets a new 12000 mile warranty.

The best way we need to handle this is to spread the word as widely as humanly possible. We need to post something about this on every site any of us visit. We need to find a way to get it into the mainstream media. People need to know that GM puts MONEY over their customers lives and safety!! Im sure alot of people would like to hear about this.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for all work on this whole thing Reed. You are a true assett to this site and community. If you ever need donations or anything please let us know as I would damn sure be willing to make one.

Thanks again Reed! Let me know how I can help.

ctsvett
02-18-07, 11:31 PM
thanks for the comments..

I am hoping that lots of people fill in the form on the FAQ: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/gmlegal.html

so I can present them to GM (anonymously) and they can see what this has done to their customers. Plain an simple. I have recevied lots of those submissions already and I am encouraged that when they read these responses from THEIR customers, they may think twice.

Reed

onebadcad
02-19-07, 01:51 PM
Reed,
I saw on another site a sticky listing the date of the TSB, the subject/item of the bulletin, and company internal memo number. This would not be as good as having the actual bulletin, but it is better than nothing.

d-dash
02-19-07, 02:24 PM
I can see this being fixed in only two ways. Either gm requires training for all of the technicians all over the country every month to update them and test them on thier knowledge of repairs needing ot be made to some of their vehicles, or let the tsb's be posted for free. plain and simple.
So will it cost gm more to require this training or have a few extra people getting repairs than they would have by removing the tsb's from reeds site.

Kadonny
02-19-07, 04:16 PM
Filling it out now Reed. Thanks for all your hard work.

Gordy Petrovski
02-19-07, 08:40 PM
Reed THANKS a bunch,man I can see myself going from an Escalade ESV & CTS-V to an Audi Q7 & RS4 in 08. They keep pushing me over to the DARK SIDE little by little.

commander112
02-20-07, 07:36 AM
thanks for the comments..

I am hoping that lots of people fill in the form on the FAQ: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/gmlegal.html

so I can present them to GM (anonymously) and they can see what this has done to their customers. Plain an simple. I have recevied lots of those submissions already and I am encouraged that when they read these responses from THEIR customers, they may think twice.

Reed

Comment submitted. Thanks for the forum!

Mark

P-Funk
02-20-07, 03:14 PM
Comment submitted. Hopefully everything gets worked out. Thanks for all of your hard work, Reed.

ctsvett
02-20-07, 10:40 PM
Im trying to decide so I will ask you guys:

Should I post the responses on a page publically (anonymous) or just forward them on to GM folks...

You guys make some pretty good points in your comments...

let me know your thoughts!

Reed

dqw1
02-21-07, 07:26 AM
Do both.
I'll probably keep my current V but if GM can't find a better way to support us, I'll go elsewhere for my next purchase.

commander112
02-21-07, 07:33 AM
Do both.
I'll probably keep my current V but if GM can't find a better way to support us, I'll go elsewhere for my next purchase.

Agreed.

daytripper
02-21-07, 11:11 AM
Reed,
I saw on another site a sticky listing the date of the TSB, the subject/item of the bulletin, and company internal memo number. This would not be as good as having the actual bulletin, but it is better than nothing.

Reed,

Please respond to this suggestion by onebadcad. Can you have your little birdie lawyer take a look at whether this would violate GM's restrictions. I can't believe they can block you from listing the name/subject, date, and number of a technical service bulletin. Sometimes just knowing that a bulletin is out there at all at least gives you a chance to dialogue with the dealership on a repair, or lets you know to go out and search out a legal copy of the TSB.

I'd really like to hear if just listing the names of TSBs is something GM can restrict.

Brian R.

P-Funk
02-21-07, 04:20 PM
Im trying to decide so I will ask you guys:

Should I post the responses on a page publically (anonymous) or just forward them on to GM folks...

You guys make some pretty good points in your comments...

let me know your thoughts!

Reed

It's really up to you. You could just present some bullet points of the good arguments from various comments.

VelieVer ttt
02-21-07, 08:18 PM
I think a large dose of letters/comments forwarded to GM would be better. Publicly would seem like retaliation. Posting publicly can also wait until later if GM does not cooperate.

CVP33
02-21-07, 10:12 PM
I think a large dose of letters/comments forwarded to GM would be better. Publicly would seem like retaliation. Posting publicly can also wait until later if GM does not cooperate.

Wisdom here. Don't cast your pearls before the swine. At least not publicly. :thumbsup:

ctsvett
02-21-07, 10:46 PM
To clarify, (cause this has been asked several times now), the TSB #s and description will still be available here:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/ but the actual TSB will no longer be on the FAQ. No issues there...

SO is the consensus to keep everyone's comments non public now? But you guys write so elequently...

Reed

CVP33
02-21-07, 10:56 PM
Reed,

I'm confident you'll make the right decision. I wrote in for you to use as you see fit. You're the engineer = identify the problem, identify the goal, apply the least amount of effort to bridge the two.

MLV
02-22-07, 08:48 PM
Use my comments as you see fit. I wrote them for GM to read.

zzxpyw
09-02-07, 08:05 AM
You can get all this information and more at

http://www.alldatadiy.com

CIWS
09-02-07, 08:11 AM
You can get all this information and more at

http://www.alldatadiy.com

True that it's there, but apparently not for free. I wonder if GM knows they're charging people to look at their copywrited info.

Thanks for the link.

Mystical_Ice
09-04-07, 05:49 PM
Would it be in bad taste to say something to the effect of: "With all the problems your CTS-V has had, a TSB database is imperative. I've had 6 major problems in the last 6 months of owning this car, problems that should never have existed in a 'performance' car as it's marketed to be. GM's response to these problems is forcing me to reconsider supporting GM with my next vehicle purpose"

brothert69
11-13-09, 10:40 AM
True that it's there, but apparently not for free. I wonder if GM knows they're charging people to look at their copywrited info.

Thanks for the link.

They know. Alldata licenses the TSB from GM and all other major manufacturers and pays them a fee. GM just wants us to have to pay for the information. Meanwhile if I have to pay to read the diagnostic info in a TSB Ill just bring the car to the dealer for warranty service with the TSB number and Title. Then GM can pay the dealer to diagnose a problem on my car that may or may not exist and that I would have checked to see if it existed before bringing it to the dealer if I had access to the diagnostic steps available in the full TSB.

GM argues that access to the TSBs brings extra warranty work. It is my contention that denying access to the information brings extra work.

SkullV
11-13-09, 11:26 AM
you know this is a 2 year old thread right?

CTS2NV
11-15-09, 01:15 AM
hahaha