: Ground Control Guys, Please Come In........

vettethret
02-16-07, 08:24 PM
I picked up an 07 V and need to get it on the ground. No one makes reasonably priced true coil overs like LG motorsports, doug rippie or pfadt. I'm not spending moton or penske money. I have the stock shocks on the V. My question is this. I slam all my cars, I know the ground control kit are pretty much only springs, am I going to have a serious problem with this car bottoming out the shocks? I've done a search and really didnt come up with anything. I would like to upgrade the shocks to something better than stock but am not sure whats available.

2ND QUESTION:

I asked in another post but I'll ask again because this is a suspension thread. I want to tighten this suspension. All my cars ride really stiff which I like. Should I buy all the BMR stuff or just go with the car stage 3? Are the hotchkis worth the money? I am having Orange County corvettes do the work right off of lake forest. I want this thing slammed and tight, I dont mind a rough ride. Thansk for the help, this is my first caddy and I dont know which route to go.

Thanks,
Mike:thumbsup:

rand49er
02-16-07, 09:30 PM
The only thing I know is that I have GC setup with 600's in front and 650's in the rear, and they are not THAT much stiffer feeling than stock. I'm lowered, but don't exactly know how much (maybe 1" in front and 3/4" in rear ???), and I scrape the front air dam occasionally. If that doesn't bother you, and you want to go lower yet, you may find that the tires start to rub at some point.

Hope that helps a bit.

BTW, why do you want it slammed? Don't you want to drive it?

Venomous-V
02-17-07, 01:54 PM
Get the hotchkis bars with zo6 endlinks, cars stage3 and GC kit with at least 600f/650r..... you cant drop the rears lower than an inch with stock shocks. you'd have to get non leveling ones to go lower in the back.(roll your fenders so you dont rub ur tires if your going to do an extreme drop)

vettethret
02-17-07, 02:24 PM
Get the hotchkis bars with zo6 endlinks, cars stage3 and GC kit with at least 600f/650r..... you cant drop the rears lower than an inch with stock shocks. you'd have to get non leveling ones to go lower in the back.(roll your fenders so you dont rub ur tires if your going to do an extreme drop)

Thanks Venemous, that's exactly the info I was looking for. The car has the regular shocks, not the performance ones, does that mean I still have to get different ones to go lower in the back? I saw somebody on the board with QA1's and was thinking of going that route. When I buy the bars from hotchkis, can I get the Z links from there as well of somewhere else?

Thanks for your help,
Mike

Venomous-V
02-17-07, 08:45 PM
Yes, if you have fg2s or fe4s you will have to get different shocks in the rear to go lower than an inch. Not sure about the endlinks but i think GMpartsdirect.com has em.

vettethret
02-18-07, 12:33 AM
Yes, if you have fg2s or fe4s you will have to get different shocks in the rear to go lower than an inch. Not sure about the endlinks but i think GMpartsdirect.com has em.

I thought it was only the fe4's that you couldnt lower more than an inch. Looks like I am going to call d&d racetech for some adjustables on Monday. Just out of curiousity, why cant you lower more than an inch with these shocks? What is it that prevents it that wouldnt be prevented with another shock? Thanks for the input and help, its appreciated.:highfive:

vettethret
02-18-07, 12:35 AM
The only thing I know is that I have GC setup with 600's in front and 650's in the rear, and they are not THAT much stiffer feeling than stock. I'm lowered, but don't exactly know how much (maybe 1" in front and 3/4" in rear ???), and I scrape the front air dam occasionally. If that doesn't bother you, and you want to go lower yet, you may find that the tires start to rub at some point.

Hope that helps a bit.

BTW, why do you want it slammed? Don't you want to drive it?

ALL my corvettes and my Vipers have been slammed. The roads are good where I live so I've never had any issues. I love the look and the performance, I'm also a severe mod-a-aholic!:)

wildwhl
02-18-07, 01:43 AM
Groove the fronts, chop the rears, and place base CTS shocks on it.

It will be real :bouncy: but very low.

WW

(not trying to be a smartass, but I am. I just finished pulling the GC kit from my car today...but that's because she's on to greener pastures soon)

Venomous-V
02-18-07, 08:33 AM
Both fe4 and fg2 are self leveling nivomat shocks. This means they always self adjust to a certain height. in the GC kit is a 1 inch spacer which you install to the rear shock assembly to fool the shocks .

calicadi
02-23-07, 11:27 PM
PM rgd. He's the one with QA1's. I think he's also running the highest rated springs and has the most track performance mods of any of us.

vettethret
02-24-07, 02:33 AM
PM rgd. He's the one with QA1's. I think he's also running the highest rated springs and has the most track performance mods of any of us.

I have DND working on my application and valving now. I'm going 700lb front and 750 rear. Dnd is working on the valving to confirm the final rating. The car is going on the ground so they want to valve it correctly. Hopefully sometime next week I'll have them in my possession.:thumbsup: