: Feel the need for a good deed? Sponsor me for childrens cancer research

RunningOnEMT
02-16-07, 09:25 AM
http://69.56.163.90/StBaldricks/stbaldricks.jpg

Yeah i know sorry, no serious threads allowed, but forgive me just this once.

Every year I participate in something called "St. Baldrick's Day" which is the week before St. Patricks day and across the nation in Irish bars, police station, and firehouses people get sponsored to shave their heads for childrens cancer research.

Well its that time of year again, and i'm looking for some help. Every year i've been able to make my fundraising goal of 500 dollars and i don't want to be "that guy" this year and not make my goal. So i appeal to all you Caddy Addicts to help out the kids and donate what you can, every dollar counts.

I have done a lot of research into this organization and they have EXTREMELY low overhead, more than 87% of every dollar donated makes it directly to research. Compared to 35% at the Red Cross thats pretty damned good.

Of course all donations are tax deductible, and it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You can donate online, mail me a check made out to St. Baldricks Day with my name in the memo or just watch me make a drunken fool out of myself again. If you're in the DC area i encourage you to stop by and volunteer to shave my noggin, only an extra 25$ donation and you can BIC my melon.

http://www.news.cornell.edu/chronicle/05/3.10.05/St_Baldricks.jpg

Here's the main website...

http://www.stbaldricks.org

And forgive me for being forward but here's the site to sponsor me

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ShaveeID=347

svassh
02-16-07, 09:31 AM
Ok, I'm in for $10.

Now get drunk and shave your head already. :alchi:

RunningOnEMT
02-16-07, 09:35 AM
Ok, I'm in for $10.

Now get drunk and shave your head already. :alchi:

soon enough my good man ... soon enough

valdeztke
02-16-07, 09:46 AM
I'd pay 25.00 to shave a Ford emblem in your head

RunningOnEMT
02-16-07, 09:49 AM
I'd pay 25.00 to shave a Ford emblem in your head

donate and i'll let you do it:thumbsup:

valdeztke
02-16-07, 09:54 AM
I just realized you drive a Redline :lol: :lol: :lol:

RunningOnEMT
02-16-07, 09:55 AM
i'm all for jokes, but this is kind of a serious thread... :up:

and yes i drive a redline...:rofl::confused:

valdeztke
02-16-07, 09:57 AM
ease up! I'll donate. Do I get a record of donation?

RunningOnEMT
02-16-07, 10:03 AM
ease up! I'll donate. Do I get a record of donation?

i laughed bucko...lol just don't want it to get all trashed up!

yup, you definitely get a record of donation

when you do it online you should get a printable screen that you can use as a receipt and you can print out the annual report off of their website

50 4Ever
02-16-07, 01:33 PM
I'm in for $100, since you drive a Redline. I think someone should color a V emblem on your bald head. :highfive:

For those that have a question about the tax deductible receipt, you will be emailed one that contains all the proper information needed by the IRS, mainly your donation amount and their Tax ID#.

:thumbsup:

RunningOnEMT
02-16-07, 02:09 PM
I'm in for $100, since you drive a Redline. I think someone should color a V emblem on your bald head. :highfive:

For those that have a question about the tax deductible receipt, you will be emailed one that contains all the proper information needed by the IRS, mainly your donation amount and their Tax ID#.

i have some extra V emblems from WW... i think i could arrange a couple pictures with some OEM additions to my bald noggin!

thanks again man ... very generous of you!

RunningOnEMT
02-16-07, 03:41 PM
:bump: aaaaaaaaaaand back onto the new posts list

RunningOnEMT
02-17-07, 08:39 AM
:bump:

RightTurn
02-21-07, 01:41 PM
Come on, V owners!! Corey's almost half way to his goal.

RunningOnEMT
02-21-07, 01:46 PM
:yup:

cmon... my secretary just agreed that if i make my goal she'll shave her head bald ( a la bratney) and donate to locks of love

her hair is mid back!!!!!!!

50 4Ever
02-22-07, 01:29 PM
:yup:

cmon... my secretary just agreed that if i make my goal she'll shave her head bald ( a la bratney) and donate to locks of love

her hair is mid back!!!!!!!

Now yer talkin - donated again. Need before and after pics (of secretary, fool)

Come on guys he doesn't have very far to go :bouncy:

50 4Ever
02-22-07, 07:26 PM
Come on guys, he only needs $15 to reach his goal.

RunningOnEMT
02-22-07, 07:28 PM
ahem....515.... lol

but hey i'm happy with whatever is donated, it all goes to a great cause

i upped my goal due to the extreme generosity of the folks around here

50 4Ever
02-22-07, 07:31 PM
ahem....515.... lol

but hey i'm happy with whatever is donated, it all goes to a great cause

i upped my goal due to the extreme generosity of the folks around here

Upping your goal is no fair, leave it at $1,000. YOU ONLY HAVE $15 TO GO....

RunningOnEMT
02-22-07, 07:32 PM
HOLY HELL !!!
whoops 15 dollars

THANK YOU SO MUCH 50!!!!

RunningOnEMT
02-22-07, 07:33 PM
well ok then

before

50 4Ever
02-22-07, 07:40 PM
What's the date you have to reach your goal? There should be several folks in the office that would like to see your secretary after you reach the goal. We did something similar in my old office and everyone donated when the VP said something like your secretary did.

Great cause and a lot of fun fund raising. You should be in politics. :worship:

RunningOnEMT
02-22-07, 07:42 PM
hahaha... i doubt politics...

but again ... thank you very much ...

The event is March 10th ... 3-6pm at Fado's irish pub in Washington DC

RunningOnEMT
02-22-07, 08:10 PM
What's the date you have to reach your goal? There should be several folks in the office that would like to see your secretary after you reach the goal. We did something similar in my old office and everyone donated when the VP said something like your secretary did.

Great cause and a lot of fun fund raising. You should be in politics. :worship:

ohand theres money in cash and checks that i have in hand

that goal was my online donations goal

i'm doing quite well this year, my overall goal is 2500

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 09:57 AM
Jill Snyder
Fadó Irish Pub and Restaurant
808 7th Street NW
Washington DC 20001
Phone (202) 789-0066
dc@fadoirishpub.com
www.fadóirishpub.com

Bald is Beautiful!

Fad́o Irish Pub and Restaurant Announces our Annual St. Baldrick’s Event in an Effort to Raise Funds for Children with Cancer!

WASHINGTON DC, March 10, 2007 - Fadó Irish Pub and Restaurant located at the corner of 7th and I near Chinatown, in conjunction with the St. Baldrick's Society, will be shaving the heads of men, women, and children in order to raise funds to fight childhood cancer. Fad́o Irish Pub and Restaurant is DC’s home for this event with the ‘shaving sessions’ taking place on March 10th between the hours of 3-5pm and 7-9pm

Fadó currently has 45 volunteer shavees participating in this year’s event with $21,000 raised and still three more weeks of fundraising to go. The shavees, along with their sponsors, will join thousands others in 10 countries and 42 US states to raise money for the world’s biggest volunteer-driven fundraising program for childhood cancer. The event began six year’s ago when 3 Irish-Americans decided to shorn their locks on St. Patrick’s Day to raise “$17,000 on the 17th” to benefit kids with cancer. Instead, they raised over $104,000 and St. Baldrick’s was born. To date, the event has raised close to $20 million with more than 26,000 heads shaved!

There are a number of ways to get involved said Ciara O’Neill, Fad́o GM, "You can shave your head, sponsor someone who you'd like to see 'brought to bald', purchase a raffle ticket or bid in our silent auction. We want both men and women to come out, enjoy a few pints with us, and start your St. Patrick’s Day revelry early. Go ahead, we won’t mind if you laugh at us. Afterall, bald is beautiful!" There will be giveaways all night long including a Newcastle snowboard, a Newcastle golf bag, and complimentary passes to FadóSt. Patrick’s Day celebration- one of DC’s biggest.

Information on the fundraiser is available online at www.stbaldricks.org. Donations can also be made through the St. Baldrick’s site.

About Fad́o Irish Pub and Restaurant

Fad́o Irish Pub and Restaurant is part of a group of authentic Irish pubs formed by three Irish and Irish-American entrepreneurs. Kieran McGill, Fad́o CEO, is a native of Dublin, Ireland and created the first Fad́o in 1996. Fad́o has locations in Austin, DC, Denver, Chicago, Columbus, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Seattle, Stamford, Dallas, Atlanta and Lincoln Park, RI.

About the St. Baldrick's Society

St. Baldrick’s is a head-shaving event to raise money for childhood cancer research. Each "shavee" collects donations from friends and families to support the cause. They attend an event in their area, where they are shorn along with other shavees. The funds collected support the National Childhood Cancer Foundation's research network of leading children's hospitals and cancer research centers. To learn more call (800) 458-6223 or go to www.stbaldricks.org.

CIWS
02-28-07, 10:04 AM
Upping your goal is no fair, leave it at $1,000. YOU ONLY HAVE $15 TO GO....

That was really nice of you 50 4Ever. :thumbsup:

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 10:06 AM
That was really nice of you 50 4Ever. :thumbsup:

sure is!!!!!

i'm still flaberghasted... i'm the #4 fundraiser out of 27 at this location this year, i'm more than happy

RightTurn
02-28-07, 10:09 AM
We expect to see those "before" and "after" shots. :thumbsup:

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 10:11 AM
there's a before on the site ... i can post it here too ...

and afters are for sure

they take a while to get though, the bar doesnt allow cameras so the official photos are all you get:-p

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 10:12 AM
but RT and crew will be able to post pictures of me from dallas:-p

RunningOnEMT
03-11-07, 12:24 PM
well here's mine, i'll have maryann's as soon as they are up on the site... my cellphone died before she went, so i didn't have a camera of my own to use

RunningOnEMT
03-20-07, 02:13 AM
i lied

its ALL GONE!!!!!!!!!!

lawfive
03-20-07, 02:16 AM
Ur still up!

RunningOnEMT
03-20-07, 02:18 AM
Ur still up!

insomnia sucks tonight....

lawfive
03-20-07, 02:22 AM
Tell Maryanne that we'd hit it...

RunningOnEMT
03-20-07, 02:24 AM
i'm sure she'll appreciate it...lol

won't RT be jealous...you should stay together for the baby's sake

lawfive
03-20-07, 02:25 AM
Dude it totally sucked that you got aced out of the Dallas get together.

We've got to arrange hookers and blow in DC next month. Urb will say, "wy t fck rnt I there?" RT will say, "O rly?" C will say... okay, I'm not sure what C will say, the laconic bastard!

I said, "hookers and blow" in a children's cancer thread. I'm going to hell.

RunningOnEMT
03-20-07, 02:29 AM
Dude it totally sucked that you got aced out of the Dallas get together.

We've got to arrange hookers and blow in DC next month. Urb will say, "wy t fck rnt I there?" RT will say, "O rly?" C will say... okay, I'm not sure what C will say, the laconic bastard!

I said, "hookers and blow" in a children's cancer thread. I'm going to hell.

not only are you going to hell...you're on the express bus, and you're driving

next month will be fun... then we gotta make sure once you're all settled in at the new jobby job then we can schedule the next weekend gig

lawfive
03-20-07, 02:32 AM
I say, hold it in San Francisco where the new jobby job is. We'll get Little B! And when I say we'll 'get' Little B...

RunningOnEMT
03-20-07, 02:38 AM
might work too...

12race
03-20-07, 09:29 AM
Way to go, I am glad I supported this. I was going to try and make the DC area to catch the occassion, didn't quite work, especially being a weekend. Have customers in the Herndon area I call on frequently.

RightTurn
03-20-07, 11:04 AM
but RT and crew will be able to post pictures of me from dallas:-p

Oops. :lol:

CIWS
03-20-07, 02:30 PM
C will say... okay, I'm not sure what C will say, the laconic bastard!

HAha I had to look that up. meaV should like the reference.

"Etymology: Latin laconicus Spartan, from Greek lakOnikos; from the Spartan reputation for terseness of speech"

THIS IS SPARTA !
http://ciws.net/smiles/swordsman.gif

RightTurn
03-20-07, 02:36 PM
...reputation for terseness of speech...

:lol:

RunningOnEMT
01-17-08, 12:48 PM
SHEEEEE'S BAAAACK

That's right folks, i had such good luck and such a good time last year that I'm going back for the 5th time to get my head shorn to the quick for charity.

Doing another round of St. Baldrick's Day.

You guys helped me get to my goal of 1500 last year, i ahve a personal goal of 2000$ this year. My Fire Department wants to raise 10,000 so lets see if we can't get them most of the way there this year boys and girls.

All donations are 100% tax deductible and you can get a copy of the annual report on the website and you can see exactly how much of your money goes to the research and support. FAR more than the red cross, the salvation army, and even the MS Society. Last year 85%+ of the money actually went to the children as opposed to 30% for the Red Cross.

Again, i'm looking for people to sponsor me to shave my head for charity.

To sweeten the pot this year.

For every 100$ an individual donates I will spend 10$ of my own money at Lindsay cadillac on the item of your choice. Sweatshirts, watches, golf tees, gloves, hats, Shifters, etc. Anything Luke carries.

So lets see if we can't start the year off right with a good deed that won't go forgotten.

Go to www.StBaldricks.org and search for my name

COREY MERDLER

you can donate online or send checks in by mail, if you do decide to send a check please write my name in the memo section and send an email to me so you can get your "Lindsay Credit!"

RunningOnEMT
01-18-08, 02:24 PM
daily bump

beve
01-19-08, 07:41 PM
Got you started off with $100. Thanks for what you're doing for the kiddos.

RunningOnEMT
01-20-08, 05:54 PM
Thanks for your generosity man ... i really appreciate it. remember you get 10 bucks from Lindsay, need anything?

RunningOnEMT
01-21-08, 09:35 AM
bump

CIWS
01-21-08, 09:54 AM
Here's a direct link to your sponsor page Corey.

https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ParticipantKey=2008|22438

RunningOnEMT
01-23-08, 02:45 PM
BUMPity bump ba bump

RunningOnEMT
01-29-08, 03:54 PM
another bump, and a thanks to all who have donated again...

also remember for every 100 dollars you donate to the cause i'll "donate" to you $10 worth of Lindsay Cadillac Merchandise or service....

I'm trying to reach 2000 dollars this year, so every penny, dollar, whatever helps.