: Onstar Remote Start

TOMHONE
02-15-07, 08:22 PM
I'm sure (for those of us who live in the cold winters and work many minutes away from our vehicles parking lots) GM could invent a system that allows we owners to emit an electronic command either through ones cell phone/land line... to a service center that would remotely start our engines via the same system that On Star utilizes. If this can unlock a door I'm sure it could start an engine. GM charges a fee for On Star already. Another added option would be a great idea IMHO.

ARTSBEST
02-16-07, 12:44 PM
AGREE 100% Tom. This option, as you call it, could become a reality if there's an added charge. I'm sure the technology exists. Would it be profitable for GM? From what I read they will NOT release the numbers regarding how many actually subscribe to On Star once the free period elapses. In other words, I don't think this is a very lucrative product for them. If that's indeed true another high tech option alike the system you referred to would be hard to justify financially speaking. Remember, GM is in a cost cutting mode. You're thinking though. Something that's missing at times at GM.