: New 2008 Cadillac STS Interior Revealed

mocts
02-15-07, 02:13 PM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/02/15/early-look-2008-cadillac-sts-interior-gm-interior-innovations/#more-4799

yep we are getting chinese version btw

not sure if i was supposed to put this in the improvements thread so if it is supposed to please mods move this this thread to the improvements one

STS2002
02-15-07, 03:01 PM
http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/1-2008-cadillac-sts-interior.jpg

Thank goodness GM is using this interior for the US version in 08. Not sure about the steering wheel though. :hmm:

Kadonny
02-15-07, 04:19 PM
Looks good. I like the sweeping center console meeting the dash. I do however like our door pulls better because we have wood there.

Overall, a good look.

robert
02-15-07, 05:03 PM
Steering wheel looks to have the BUICK logo .

STS2002
02-15-07, 08:15 PM
Looks good. I like the sweeping center console meeting the dash. I do however like our door pulls better because we have wood there.

Overall, a good look.

I agree...the wood on the door pulls will be missed!

Lord Cadillac
02-16-07, 03:45 AM
Overall this is a great improvement over the current STS interior...

Kadonny
02-16-07, 07:18 AM
Overall this is a great improvement over the current STS interior...

Great improvement? Where? I really don't agree. Other than the sweeping center console and the console lid, I don't see all that much change at all to my 07. As I mentioned earlier they took the wood out of the door pull and that's a negative. I don't see all that much of a difference to make it "great".

ibeebugz012
02-16-07, 07:21 AM
inside looks good..but whats up with the buick key fobs and steering wheeL?? LOL

Onalaska
02-16-07, 07:36 AM
It looks good, but I don't think it looks that much better. They kept the same basic interior layout for most things. How about the glove box? Is it functional now? That would be an improvement. I don't like chrome or bright finishes anywhere on the dash or console so it can reflect sunlight in my eyes. I find myself trying to cover the shifter quadrant to keep the sun from reflecting in my eyes now. I know other brands are doing it, but chrome trim rings around the instruments are just there for glitz, look cheap, and do not improve the dash. The arm rest looks nice. Where are the cup holders?

jgrade
02-16-07, 02:03 PM
Some of those pics are "future tech" that may be incorporated at some point. These have been all over the web, Endgadget, Gizmodo, etc. I think it looks basically the same as it does now.

soupero
02-17-07, 03:09 PM
I love it!

Pete Benson
02-17-07, 03:55 PM

Overall, a good look.

Just a thought: the wood door-pull trim wasn't standard in the first place - it has been part of an option package, and it may be available that way on the '08 as well.

bighebrewbear
03-08-07, 08:35 PM
The current STS interior looks very cheap, kia cheap. The pics in the post above look great. One could only hope GM will make the changes. And how about the keyless drive system and bluetooth from the STS on all 08 cadillacs? Is that really such a hard thing to do. Not like asking you to reinvent the wheel. Just use what is already in the parts bin!

ijsegurola
03-09-07, 02:13 PM
Yes!!!!!! BLUETOOTH EVERYTHING!!!!

P.S. no word on whether the STS is getting a stretch for the back seat?

gergreg
03-11-07, 07:40 PM
The wheel sucks and it would have been nice if they updated the seats.