: gas warning light

caddi2005sts
02-15-07, 10:44 AM
Hi all, So i have been running my sts05 until its in the "low range" on miles screen, but a warning light or audio reminer has never came on. Anyone else expereience this, do i have it shut off some how???? :confused: Thanks.......

Cajonkev
02-15-07, 01:31 PM
As far as I know (without checking the manual) the only indicator is the aforementioned "low range" as displayed on the DIC everytime you start the vehicle.

There is a TSB for fuel starvation on 05's as well so you might check to make sure yours is not in need. I can speak from experience that running out of fuel at highway speed is no fun even though the system tells you there are a few gallons left...

Part of the price of the design in using saddle tanks without the best in cross-feeding...

STS2002
02-15-07, 01:38 PM
When I get very close to empty and am in the low range there is a picture of a fuel pump and "low fuel" text that comes on the display. I think It should come on with the low range indicator.

Kadonny
02-15-07, 04:22 PM
Never let it get that low. Fill up at 1/4 tank left.

Maximln
02-15-07, 04:44 PM
I found out the hard way. A month after I purchased my new STS, the "Low Fuel" came on and with my 98 STS, you could still go for some time before running out of gas. Not with the new one! I did run out of gas for the first time in my life! Very embarrassing... Now when that light comes on, I fuel up IMMEDIATELY!!

Max

LStasy003
02-15-07, 08:11 PM
Does anyones gas "range" on the DIC ever stay steady? mines always jumping miles. One minute it could be at 67 miles and then it can go to like 80. Also my gas gauge moves too

Curious George
02-19-07, 03:52 AM
I've never seen "Low Range" in the DIC, but I have seen "Fuel Level Low" accompanied by a chime. If Cadillac is truthing about fuel tank capacity and if the gas station's fuel pump is accurate, the low fuel warning comes on with about ONE gallon left. That's about 20 miles. That's NOT enough. In three other vehicles I own or recently owned, the low fuel warnings came on with three to four gallons left--50 to 100 miles remaining range. Cadillac should do the same.