: engine swapp

sinclairtay
03-18-04, 01:29 PM
i have a 1994 cadillac eldorado touring coupe. vin number is a 9. can i change this motor with any other and what kind of car can i take it out of. my motor has caught on fire twice each time after i replaced the fuel injectors and fuel rail. thirty seconds each time it caught on fire under the intake manifold. could it be an internal fuel leak or could i have possibly not hooked something back up right. but i really need to know what other motors out of which kind og car will swapp into the 94 eldorado touring coupe. thank ypu.

capn
03-18-04, 09:53 PM
cadillac king sells used, fairly low mile, N* for around 2500

BeelzeBob
03-19-04, 02:23 PM
i have a 1994 cadillac eldorado touring coupe. vin number is a 9. can i change this motor with any other and what kind of car can i take it out of. my motor has caught on fire twice each time after i replaced the fuel injectors and fuel rail. thirty seconds each time it caught on fire under the intake manifold. could it be an internal fuel leak or could i have possibly not hooked something back up right. but i really need to know what other motors out of which kind og car will swapp into the 94 eldorado touring coupe. thank ypu.

A Northstar is the only engine that will just bolt into that package...or fit in there in any reasonable manner.

You can use a 93/94 Northstar from an ETC or an STS. The intake manifold design changed in 1995 so installing a 95 or later engine is possible...but it will require significant replumbing and rewiring/splicing of wire harnesses at the engine.