: More tire questions

RacerVX
02-14-07, 08:02 PM
Since I, like every other Goodyear F1 EMT owner, have burned through these in a short amount of time I am looking for new tires. If any Houston members can provide some insight on the following, I would appreciate it.

Question is, who in Houston installs EMTs regularly (I have no interest in a non-EMT)? And who can install tires without tearing up my factory rims?

Thanks in advance!

tedcmiller
02-15-07, 09:24 AM
I don't live in Houston, but I can tell you that anything any tire dealer, other than the Cadillac dealer, tells you about their capabilities is suspect. If the tire dealer does not routinely carry run-flats in his stock, he probably doesn't have the expertise or the equipment to deal with them. Some Cadillac dealers are deficient in the same respect, but the fact that they have to deal with cars that come from the factory with run-flats means that they have much more incentive to have the right equipment and expertise. Stick with the Cadillac dealer. It is no guarantee, but the probability of not having problems is much greater.

RacerVX
02-15-07, 08:54 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the insight Ted.

There are two Goodyear dealers in Houston which are "certified" for run flats. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean much. I have yet ot find any tire store or dealer (Cadillac or otherwise) that carries these in stock but I will keep trying. The warehouse in Houston has the tires, so it seems like everybody just lets the warehouse carry the inventory.

GMBOUND
02-15-07, 10:06 PM
I sure can't wait to Get Home! I'm currently stuck in Below Freezing Kansas City, Everytime I hear the word "Houston" I get Homesick.
Sorry I know that doesn't help your tire search. Just had to vent (warm Up)
Good Luck though!

Do you guys meet up down there? If so would yall be together around Easter time?

50 4Ever
02-15-07, 11:07 PM
You can call Goodyear Customer Service, phone number on their website, and they can tell you which local store has the proper equipment to mount/demount EMT's. This is the route I took when my EMT F1's were toast (about a year ago).

:thumbsup:

RacerVX
02-16-07, 10:13 AM
I sure can't wait to Get Home! I'm currently stuck in Below Freezing Kansas City, Everytime I hear the word "Houston" I get Homesick.
Sorry I know that doesn't help your tire search. Just had to vent (warm Up)
Good Luck though!

Do you guys meet up down there? If so would yall be together around Easter time?

Kansas City? Yeah, that is cold.

I know what you mean. I am always glad to get back to Texas whenever traveling. I have seen posts on here about local meets in Houston but I have never been.

RacerVX
02-16-07, 10:17 AM
You can call Goodyear Customer Service, phone number on their website, and they can tell you which local store has the proper equipment to mount/demount EMT's. This is the route I took when my EMT F1's were toast (about a year ago).

:thumbsup:

Thanks! Definitely a good idea. The two Goodyear dealers that I found who were "certified" for run flat EMTs were listed on the Goodyear Dealer Locator website. I think I will also call customer service to see if the infomation jives between the two. I already have my file number, so should be straightforward.

P-Funk
02-16-07, 11:51 AM
Thanks! Definitely a good idea. The two Goodyear dealers that I found who were "certified" for run flat EMTs were listed on the Goodyear Dealer Locator website. I think I will also call customer service to see if the infomation jives between the two. I already have my file number, so should be straightforward.

After you get your tires changed, let us know where you got it done and how it goes.