: CAI for the 2007 v??

iwinagn
02-14-07, 02:47 PM
im having a hard time finding a cai kit for my 2007 v anyone know when they will be coming out with one or will the older kits work?

iwinagn
02-14-07, 06:35 PM
I found that ligenfelter makes one

http://www.lingenfelter.com/store/ln4225.html

guess i answered my own question!

The Tony Show
02-14-07, 08:16 PM
Not to bad mouth Lingenfelter (becuase they are a fine company), but the only thing this intake increased for me was noise and the speed at which cash flew from my wallet. On a stock car, it's an unnecessary mod (in my humble opinion).

nxtstep
02-15-07, 11:01 AM
i have a 07 cts also its in the shop but im getting a k&n installed today... if u wanna wait a day or 2 ill let u know if i like it.. im still gonna buy a volant also.. the 06 does fit the 07 from what im told...dealer is installing this for free so i said what the hell ill buy it.. paying like $300

The Tony Show
02-15-07, 11:06 AM
I went back to the stock airbox with a K&N Panel filter, and I'd swear the car has more torque down low with this setup than the LPE. I live in BFE, so there's no Dynos nearby for me to test it on, but I suspect that the "10hp" gain that they advertise is all peak, and it gives up a little down low.

nxtstep
02-16-07, 03:44 AM
hey guys sorry i saw this post thought id help him out...anyways i got a 3.6 cts and i just got my K&N dude its nice really nice... hums until u punch it......i gotta admit ive had k&n on other cars too but didnt feel much like i did on this..the 06 cts stuff fit the 07 also same exact kits