: Onstar light is RED

doc-V
02-14-07, 02:21 PM
I have noticed my Onstar light (far right on the rearview) has been red now for about 1 week. I remember that it was green before.
Before I take it in to the dealer I thought I would check with you guys to see if there was a quick fix.
Any ideas?
Thanks
-Steve

ewill3rd
02-14-07, 02:53 PM
Your dealer should be able to fix it, but it is a quick fix.
The cellular antenna connection is prone to coming slightly loose.
Even though the connection is still good, the resistance goes outside of the self diagnostic test range and it will set a code and turn the light on.
Typically I pull back the side panel in the trunk (right side) and remove and reinstall the cellular antenna lead and the light will go out.

To access it you have to remove the plastic piece that goes accross the trunk opening in the back, then remove one more of those net hooks on the right side, then you can pull the panel out and get to the OnStar module.
That should fix the problem.

doc-V
02-14-07, 03:17 PM
thanks for the help

JJKJ
02-14-07, 05:53 PM
I have this problem after the car has sat in the cold for a long period. When we had single digit daytime high's here in the midwest and my car sat outside at work all day, I'd get in and notice the Onstar indicator was red. I haven't worried about it much, but now I'll check the lead in the trunk and see if it's slightly loose.

Thanks,

John

ewill3rd
02-14-07, 08:31 PM
It will feel loose due to the way it is designed, but just wiggle it around and make sure it is pushed on all the way.
It is the only thing I have seen set codes on any CTS so far.
When the LED is red a code is set, the code that is likely in it is B2470 which is the cellular antenna circuit.
I am not sure why it is such a problem on some cars, but it is.

MescalVto
02-15-07, 12:07 AM
Mine has been doing that off and on since the window tint; goes away if I get out and wiggle the antenna mount. Also, seems to work fine when the light is red any way.