: '79 Coupe DeVille down by the river...

Highway Star
02-14-07, 01:54 PM
Well, actually it's just a creek. :eyebrow:

She just turned 4000 miles, everything is working great. My next project will be replacing the plastic license area filler pcs. Any recommendations on who sells the best repros?

Benzilla
02-14-07, 02:26 PM
Wow. She's beautiful. I love that color.

So, tell me, is it like driving a brand new 1979 Coupe Deville?

Highway Star
02-14-07, 02:49 PM
Thanks, and yeah, it drives and rides like brand new. It is so quiet inside it's kinda freaky. No rattles or squeaks. It turns heads like crazy, even had a guy beside me at a red light ask me if it was for sale. To which I replied, "no way"!

Old Fleetwood
02-14-07, 05:19 PM
Years ago we had a pet that - when she was given a treat she really loved - would put her paws over her nose like those movie animals. We said "That's so good it's "Paws-over-the-nose-too-much."
That CDV falls into that class.
She's unbelievable.:thumbsup:
What's the background story?

Highway Star
02-14-07, 06:13 PM
Years ago we had a pet that - when she was given a treat she really loved - would put her paws over her nose like those movie animals. We said "That's so good it's "Paws-over-the-nose-too-much."
That CDV falls into that class.
She's unbelievable.:thumbsup:
What's the background story?

Thanks O.F.

Basically, the story is the first owner only put 842 miles on it in his 15 years of ownership. The second owner put around 1700 miles on it during his 9 years of ownership. By 2003 it had around 2500+ miles, and then passed through several collector car dealers. I purchased it through Barrett-Jackson last October (straight sale, not an auction :contract:) with just over 2800 miles.

The car was just at the point of needing some attention, in particular it needed to be driven some. I'll keep the miles relatively low, but will drive it enough to keep things working properly. I want it to last me many years!
:burn:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-07, 10:35 PM
Beautifiul car! I sat in a '78 CDV with 44k miles once and that was gorgeous, but I bet it doesn't compare to yours!

Since you've bought it, have you decarboned that engine? I can only imagine how much carbon must be in there!

AElayyat
02-14-07, 11:05 PM
That's a nice looking Coupe.

Highway Star
02-14-07, 11:21 PM
Beautifiul car! I sat in a '78 CDV with 44k miles once and that was gorgeous, but I bet it doesn't compare to yours!

Since you've bought it, have you decarboned that engine? I can only imagine how much carbon must be in there!

Haven't done a decarb yet, maybe in the spring. Never done one before, anything complicated about it?

Night Wolf
02-15-07, 01:41 AM
Awesome car..... its screaming for a contrasting double pinstripe tho.... makes a world of difference!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-07, 10:02 AM
1979 is still one of my favorite years for Cadillac.

Highway Star
02-15-07, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone. As to pinstriping, it seems like the stripe clashes with the 1/4 panel molding on some examples I've seen. I doubt I would get this one striped, but who knows.

lochenjons
02-15-07, 07:54 PM
wow. thats all i gotta say. you have one sweet looking ride there my friend! im sure you already know, but NEVER SELL IT!

1990CaddyBrougham
02-15-07, 09:47 PM
How can someone buy a car new like this and put a bit over 800 miles on it?

28 years later its time for its first oil change at 3000 miles. Lol.

Wow....... geeeezee.......... (speachless)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-07, 10:00 AM
Good point, how many oil changes has it had? I can't imagine it's still using the same oil that was put in during the Carter administration...

Highway Star
02-16-07, 12:05 PM
There was some maintenace records with the car at one time. I'm still in the process of tracking them down (along with the original bill of sale & window sticker). In any case, I changed the oil when I recieved the car. The oil that I removed seemed to be fairly fresh, but I changed it anyway.

tripleyellow78cad
02-16-07, 09:45 PM
very nice caddy , i used to own a 78 coupe and i got mine with 59k on it and i thought it looked like new , but my friend you have found a true survivor,
add some more pics if ya get a chance , gotta see what the interior and engine look like
cheers to ya!!:highfive:

Adam
02-17-07, 12:33 AM
very nice man, congrats! :thumbsup:

Highway Star
02-17-07, 02:06 AM
very nice caddy , i used to own a 78 coupe and i got mine with 59k on it and i thought it looked like new , but my friend you have found a true survivor,
add some more pics if ya get a chance , gotta see what the interior and engine look like
cheers to ya!!:highfive:

Here's the interior. It's pretty much flawless, as though no one ever sat in it. Don't have a pic of the engine right now, but it's super clean.

Cadboy425
02-21-07, 06:32 AM
Oh wow is that gorgeous!! Congrats and good luck with it. Amazing to see everything new looking and how it SHOULD look!