: Wood upgrade kits

wifescaddy
02-13-07, 05:14 PM
My wife wants more wood grain,but i dont know what kit to get or what wood grain the stock srx has.

Smokin' SRX
02-13-07, 05:27 PM
My wife wants more wood grain,but i dont know what kit to get or what wood grain the stock srx has.

Got a really good one for about $280, 2 years ago. Put it on myself and had 6 extra pieces that I thought were too much. Found the add in back of Motor Trend or Road and Track magazine. It's not the "molded" one! Mine is "flat self adhesive, like O.E. Beautiful!

I think a loyal advertiser, on the right side of this forum page(Automotive Concepts) has them!!! Click on and go to "dash Kits" on left column! Enter Make, model, year and select from many sizes! This is like I got! from $180 up! Dealer wanted $850!!!! Takes 1 hour to install!:bouncy:

wifescaddy
02-13-07, 06:21 PM
alright thanks ill look them up,will they match what i already have? and any pics of yours installed

chiefmjk
02-14-07, 09:07 AM
I also installed them on my 06 SRX, looks great and really dresses up the interior. If you purchase them just be aware that the temperture should be at least 60 degrees before you install them..

wifescaddy
02-14-07, 09:18 AM
thanks i figured that,my garage is 75-80 when the heats on.Just got to decide on what company to go with and order it today.

Smokin' SRX
02-14-07, 09:24 AM
Matchs perfect to the very limited wood offered OE from Caddy! Chiefmkj is right! Car at 60+ degress and I would warm the pieces gently w/ a hair dryer even more.....as I applied each one!

Looks great!!

wifescaddy
02-16-07, 05:09 PM
i went with the sherwood kit,came in 2 days,seems like a nice kit heating garage and car up now garage is up to 70 at the moment.Got to run out and get some prepsol cleaner ,i usually have it ,but ran out.Ill take some pics tommorrow and post them.