Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New HU in 95 STS w/ BOSE Gold

876 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CaptainFishpond 
#1 ·
Howdy Folks!
Planning on adding an aftermarket HU to my 1995 STS with Bose Gold. I'll be running new wiring from the HU to the front doors and rear shelf to bypass the amps, then upgrading those speakers with new components up front and new 6x9's in the rear. I'll also be running 2 Sony P5's off the outputs of this new HU (which is Panasonic BTW :thumbsup: ), hitting with a sub-amplifier to be named later.

I need to know what harness to use to get the power/ground/acc/remote wiring going to the HU so we can get things rolling. I know that this subject has been BEAT TO DEATH :thepan: , but I want to do this the right way. I just purchase this vehicle after selling my 1995 Eldorado ETC and I plan on keeping this car for awhile. My plan was to purchase a 96+ model, generally for the upgrades that they made in the car that year and seeing how the stereo is MUCH easier to work with from what I hear.

Any input is appreciated! :highfive:

#3 ·
Yea...I'm really hoping not to have to go about spilcing a ton of wires here. Does anyone know if I can hook up behind the current HU, or am I going to have to run from the cox in the trunk? There are several things online at various websites that say they can do what I need them to, but they all are different.

Anyone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.