: Anyone tried higher octane?

weimeblu
02-13-07, 04:33 PM
Has anyone tried running higher octane fuel in their V? Seems to me that the computer is doing a good job of controlling boost at max throttle to keep the engine just on the edge of pinging. I'm wondering if anyone has tried a higher octane or an octane boost chemical to see what she can do when you give her some room on the knock sensor constraint.

WillySTS
02-14-07, 03:13 AM
I just dumped a contaimer of Amsoil octain boost into my tank last week...too early to to tell since I haven't driven the car much. but, it cuts the the pinging quite a bit in my 2002 Firehawk. The manual says the car runs at max performance on 93 octane but in Kali all we have is 91 octane, so it should help, just as it does in my Firehawk.

Kadonny
02-14-07, 02:41 PM
[Thread jack!]

Willy, Firehawk huh? I have an 00 with 6300 total miles. Pewter MN6 with just the base Hawk package. What options do you have?

[/Threadjack!]

But here in PA we get 93 octane so that's what I run all the time.

caddyv8v
02-14-07, 05:54 PM
i tested both nos offroad and lucas when the car was stock and noticed no difference. i will try this evening a tank with the nos offroad and report back later. i have never run less than 93 octane fuel. for those using 91 octane, the product may prove benificial.

WillySTS
02-17-07, 01:30 AM
[Willy, Firehawk huh? I have an 00 with 6300 total miles. Pewter MN6 with just the base Hawk package. What options do you have?]

I have the one you should have, mine is Black w/base suspension and IROC spoiler, M6 also, 25,000 miles.

caddyv8v
02-27-07, 03:17 PM
update. honestly, with the octane booster i could not tell a difference. i used it stock and modified. i never dynoed the vehicle or looked for timing rollback, so it is possible the increase was there, just not enough for me to notice.