: Stupid Question: Satellite radio

RocketRoach
02-13-07, 03:55 PM
I just bought a 02 Deville with what appears to be the standard radio, meaning no Bose. The seller couldn't answer me.....so how do I know if my car was originally equipped with XM??? I do have an antenna attached to the rear glass that pivots. Is that for satellite radio?? Thanx.
Jeff

dkozloski
02-13-07, 04:06 PM
I just bought a 02 Deville with what appears to be the standard radio, meaning no Bose. The seller couldn't answer me.....so how do I know if my car was originally equipped with XM??? I do have an antenna attached to the rear glass that pivots. Is that for satellite radio?? Thanx.
Jeff
Sounds like an OnStar antenna to me. Do you have a lot of pushbuttons on the rear view mirror?

RocketRoach
02-13-07, 04:40 PM
Affirmative on the multiple buttoned RV mirror. I never thought of that (OnStar).
When I push the "PTY" button on the radio it says "No Satellite Radio".
I didn't know if that meant there was no service subscription or that this car doesn't have the receiver module. Am I mistaken, but this radio regardless should be XM ready. If it has the module where would it be and if it doesn't can I get one installed to get a subscription??
Thanx again.