: Is this a SIN? 07 Esc srvc from GMC

AWF_AXIS
02-13-07, 12:33 PM
Living in Lake Tahoe has some disadvantages.

The only Caddy dealer within 1.5 hrs drive is in Reno, with Scott Motors. Problem is, they never can schedule a service visit within 2 weeks.

I called my old GMC dealer (I've had Denali's since '01), and they said bring it in the morning.

I have the 07033 recall to get handled, and also want an oil change. I'm going on a 1000 mi round trip on Friday.

Am I committing a sin, or doing something even worse? The GMC guy said no-problemo, since their Denalis have the same recall. :bigroll:

Dave

slk230mb
02-13-07, 12:36 PM
Not at all, it's all GM so the GMC dealership will know what to do.

hcvone
02-13-07, 03:16 PM
I took my 03' Escalade to a Chevy dealer once to reprogram my fobs

LLT
02-14-07, 11:56 PM
GMC dealers have the same equipment and same access to resources that Cadillac dealers do. I would hesitate!

AWF_AXIS
02-15-07, 12:26 AM
I just had my service done. They did the 07033 recall, an oil change, air filter change, and reprogram for a shift issue, all in 90 minutes, from pull-in to car washed finished vehicle.

If I had gone to Scott Motors, it would have been 2 weeks from now, and an all-day wait.

However, at least the Caddy dealer has leather wingback chairs, wireless internet (for my laptop), free coffee, and unlimited Krispy Kreme donuts in the waiting room.