: Locked PCM???

Drift-caddy
02-13-07, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by ctsvflorida http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/98240-header-cam-package-post974829.html#post974829)
Wait a minute here...Vengeance just wrote that they got past the lock (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) and Drift-caddy's response about getting past locks...so they 'can't' get past the lock?

Splain that DRIFTER!

This locked computer issue really has everyone's mouth 'locked', or fingers, in this matter! No one can answer this ay? The guy added later in this thread quote 'He wishes his computer was not locked' No explanations here?

I thought 'any competent tuner can get past the lock' Drifter! Are you saying they are not competent? HMMMMM! :thepan:

Lets clear something up, i have never said that they are not competent. What i am saying that if you PCM is "locked" if can still be tuned. So if your car has been tuned and they have locked the PCM we can still tune it. yes. it is a PITA to retune but can still be done.

ctsvflorida
02-13-07, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by ctsvflorida http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/98240-header-cam-package-post974829.html#post974829)
Wait a minute here...Vengeance just wrote that they got past the lock (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) and Drift-caddy's response about getting past locks...so they 'can't' get past the lock?

Splain that DRIFTER!

This locked computer issue really has everyone's mouth 'locked', or fingers, in this matter! No one can answer this ay? The guy added later in this thread quote 'He wishes his computer was not locked' No explanations here?

I thought 'any competent tuner can get past the lock' Drifter! Are you saying they are not competent? HMMMMM! :thepan:

Lets clear something up, i have never said that they are not competent. What i am saying that if you PCM is "locked" if can still be tuned. So if your car has been tuned and they have locked the PCM we can still tune it. yes. it is a PITA to retune but can still be done.

OK, if I sound ignorant here it is because I am and trust me, I am not breaking your ballz here! The question would be, if it is locked, then what is it locked from and why or how can it still be tuned. Why would he be concerned or state that 'he wished it was not locked'? What would be the difference locked or not!

stkshkr
02-13-07, 01:58 PM
Damian,
Check your PM's

Chef
02-13-07, 04:10 PM
...you can lock a pcm so that no other tuner can get in. Even hackin' in will only let you see the scabs...:alchi:

Drift-caddy
02-13-07, 05:56 PM
...you can lock a pcm so that no other tuner can get in. Even hackin' in will only let you see the scabs...:alchi:
I dont care about what it had in it, i redo the tune. Have tuned a few "locked" pcm cars. BTW i do not lock a tune. you want to see it go ahead you want to show it go ahead nothing to hide here. You pay for a tune and therefor it is yours. SO let me try this one more time. A LOCKED PCM CAN STILL BE TUNED BY SOMEONE ELSE.

The Tony Show
02-13-07, 06:50 PM
Yeah, but can a locked PCM be tuned by someone else?

:stirpot: :Poke:

ctsvflorida
02-13-07, 07:13 PM
I dont care about what it had in it, i redo the tune. Have tuned a few "locked" pcm cars. BTW i do not lock a tune. you want to see it go ahead you want to show it go ahead nothing to hide here. You pay for a tune and therefor it is yours. SO let me try this one more time. A LOCKED PCM CAN STILL BE TUNED BY SOMEONE ELSE.

It is soooo incredible that you still haven't answered the question! I have READ your LOCKED BIT three times and still asked a DIFFERENT QUESTION EACH TIME! The new question was, three times, THEN WHAT DOES THE LOCK DO? BUT... don't even bother to answer, I give up and good luck in your tuning!

I'll ask Jeremy Formato when he tunes my car as I am sure he can easily answer the SIMPLE question!

BLACK_CTSV
02-13-07, 07:21 PM
It is soooo incredible that you still haven't answered the question! I have READ your LOCKED BIT three times and still asked a DIFFERENT QUESTION EACH TIME! The new question was, three times, THEN WHAT DOES THE LOCK DO? BUT... don't even bother to answer, I give up and good luck in your tuning!

I'll ask Jeremy Formato when he tunes my car as I am sure he can easily answer the SIMPLE question!

I think he's saying that you can't 'read' the locked tune, but can overwrite it with a new one. :cheers:

ctsvflorida
02-13-07, 07:28 PM
I think he's saying that you can't 'read' the locked tune, but can overwrite it with a new one. :cheers:

'He' didn't say that, you did! :worship: Now, was that difficult to write? Thank you sir! Points for you!

BTW: Can you tune my car? :bouncy:

Drift-caddy
02-13-07, 07:29 PM
Sorry and yes you are correct.. I cannot see what you have in, IE Ve table or timing or fuel. But i can write my own tune and push it in..

Drift-caddy
02-13-07, 07:38 PM
'He' didn't say that, you did! :worship: Now, was that difficult to write? Thank you sir! Points for you!

Some people lock there tune so other cant steal it, But i dont see why unless you have some crazy ass mods that no one else has and you want to make it hard to tune or for someone not copy it. My thought on this is that it is your tune, you paid for it you get it. We will tune with your program and show you what we did and why, you are more then welcome to sit with us and learn and ask questions, even show you how to make some simple changes if you want. ie. race gas and add timing. Some tuners can make some crazy power but add a ass load of timing to it, and run the car on the edge. Well you lock it so no one knows, then when the other person tunes it-it make then look like an ass cause its not making the same power or more, but yet the tune is safer. I want you to come up and tune your car, want you to learn and have fun. Well sorry hope you understand what i am saying, and sorry for the long delay in getting back to you, guess i did not understand the question.

thanks
Damian

keeksv
02-13-07, 09:27 PM
Sorry and yes you are correct.. I cannot see what you have in, IE Ve table or timing or fuel. But i can write my own tune and push it in..

"Proprietary" box-tunes are frequently "locked."

What are you going to do with Dado's new M5? Any chance of cracking into that thing? LOL I got his tune right here. Does he still want to race?

keeksv
02-13-07, 09:30 PM

C'mon up--there's a set of loaner BFG drag radials waiting up here for you to try out that new tune at the track too!

Drift-caddy
02-13-07, 09:55 PM
"Proprietary" box-tunes are frequently "locked."

What are you going to do with Dado's new M5? Any chance of cracking into that thing? LOL I got his tune right here. Does he still want to race?

Oh im going to crack hiss asss. You think a bolton V can take a 500hp M5.

Chef
02-13-07, 09:59 PM

Yes...that was the "scabs" comment in my last post... trashed over tunes by tuners re-working someone elses scabs -

Locked is locked - Simply put...you don't see it if someone doesn't want you to.... You want to flash it and re-write it that's another story...It's all good...

Chef

keeksv
02-13-07, 10:14 PM
Oh im going to crack hiss asss. You think a bolton V can take a 500hp M5.
lol...bolt-on V; what did you tell those German guys? "it's just an intake and exhaust":alchi:

Drift-caddy
02-13-07, 10:21 PM
Well a SC is a intake?? right?? and it just bolts on.. BTW the 8.8 inch rear fits. and axles made. Good for 1300hp and warrenty for 1 year.. parts and labor.

keeksv
02-13-07, 10:25 PM
Well a SC is a intake?? right?? and it just bolts on.. BTW the 8.8 inch rear fits. and axles made. Good for 1300hp and warrenty for 1 year.. parts and labor.
Same axles or different ones--different I guess. Where do you figure 1300hp?

BLACK_CTSV
02-13-07, 10:34 PM

Is it something you can sell as a kit, or do you have to install in?

:cheers:

Tags63
02-13-07, 11:57 PM
Damian:

I'm glad to hear about the rear. When are you guys getting together for that Sat. tune?? I was thinking about taking a ride down and check things out in person and talk further about my car. Whats the total price for the rear & how long will you need for the install. In & out in a day or what??

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Drift-caddy
02-14-07, 11:20 AM
Damian:

I'm glad to hear about the rear. When are you guys getting together for that Sat. tune?? I was thinking about taking a ride down and check things out in person and talk further about my car. Whats the total price for the rear & how long will you need for the install. In & out in a day or what??

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Damn Ice storm, cant go to work today. all my notes are at work. Ill get back to you all soon. Leaving for a drift event this on Friday. I will put together this dyno day once the weather clears up.