: SRX Sports Option

mikek84121
02-12-07, 02:42 PM
Has anyone that purchased this '07 option (18" or 20"wheels) had any problems with the body cladding or any other parts of this option? I am considering adding the option to my order.

Thanks for your response in advance.

Mike

john d
02-12-07, 03:43 PM
Read the 20th or so post below yours on this forum called:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/misc/paperclip.gif (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/#) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/buttons/firstnew.gif (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/89019-my-first-cadillac-srx-new-post.html) My First Cadillac SRX (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/89019-my-first-cadillac-srx.html)
May or may not be the same body cladding kit but it could be.

donjumpsuit
02-12-07, 05:05 PM
The facia referred too in that forum has nothing to do with the factory installed sport srx. It was a stick on aftermarket.

As far as the sport, its worth it in so many ways more than one.

First of all 20" rims are a necessity if you appreciate handling in a car. It is a whole different animal with these instead of the factory 18"'s. Also any aftermarket rims void the warranty due to differentials failing in cars with them. So the only way to preserve warranty and have a set or rims that is befitting to a cadillac, would be to get the sport rims.

Thrown in is brembo brakes, and corsa cat backs, which are always a welcome addition.

I think the facias look hot, and color matched grill is how all of them should have been, from dts, through escalade.

In short, if you split up this package, and did them all separately, the labor costs alone would probably be 2800$ and I think that is the price of the entire kit.

SECONDLY and most importantly. The resale values on all SRX are in the dumps, so paying a small portion of money now, for something that is gooing to make your car "limited edition" later and sell for more money, is a good thing.

convinced?

gdavidov
02-12-07, 05:25 PM
I struggled with this same decision before I ordered my SRX. I wanted the sport option with the 20" wheels and I also wanted the Magnetic Ride Control. From everything I've read you can't have Magnetic Ride Control with the 20" wheels. Since MRC was a must for me I chose to forgo the 20" wheels and just go with the 18" wheels without the sport option. I didn't care much for the body colored grill so I didn't feel the sport option was worth it once I went with MRC.

Good luck,
Gabriel

leeclapp
02-13-07, 07:25 AM
We have an 07 with the Sport option (only 2,000 miles though) but so far itis doing just fine---my only problem is the annoying reflection from the chrome trim around the A/C outlets on both of the side glasses---it always looks like another car is coming in your rearview mirrors..........lee clapp

Smokin' SRX
02-14-07, 01:36 PM
The facia referred too in that forum has nothing to do with the factory installed sport srx. It was a stick on aftermarket.

As far as the sport, its worth it in so many ways more than one.

First of all 20" rims are a necessity if you appreciate handling in a car. It is a whole different animal with these instead of the factory 18"'s. Also any aftermarket rims void the warranty due to differentials failing in cars with them. So the only way to preserve warranty and have a set or rims that is befitting to a cadillac, would be to get the sport rims.

Thrown in is brembo brakes, and corsa cat backs, which are always a welcome addition.

I think the facias look hot, and color matched grill is how all of them should have been, from dts, through escalade.

In short, if you split up this package, and did them all separately, the labor costs alone would probably be 2800$ and I think that is the price of the entire kit.

SECONDLY and most importantly. The resale values on all SRX are in the dumps, so paying a small portion of money now, for something that is gooing to make your car "limited edition" later and sell for more money, is a good thing.

convinced?

Don, I got chrome 18" aftermarket wheels installed by the dealer in '04. I hated the drab, grey stock rims. Paid $2100 extra and no differential (w/AWD and N*) problems at 24K miles and dealer tells me they are fully guaranteed! He even just replaced a " flaking " front chrome rim!!
Guess it depends who you ask!

MSOsr
06-01-07, 10:32 AM
I just got an 07 with the sport package (18" wheels). Love the look!

Mike (car looks much "badder" than stock)

GMJim
06-02-07, 07:06 PM
GET A SPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wish I had one...................... : - (

donjumpsuit
06-05-07, 02:50 PM
Don, I got chrome 18" aftermarket wheels installed by the dealer in '04. I hated the drab, grey stock rims. Paid $2100 extra and no differential (w/AWD and N*) problems at 24K miles and dealer tells me they are fully guaranteed! He even just replaced a " flaking " front chrome rim!!
Guess it depends who you ask!

I am trying to figure out which portion of my comment you are disputing.
First were the 18" rims cadillac rims?
Second, if not were they EXACT replica's of the stock rims (same numbers).
Third, my dealer told me GM has been having problems with transfer case failers on aftermarkets, but well have meant aftermarkets that are larger than 18" or different from the stock designations.
Forth, my transfer case is doing great (knock on fake simulated wood)

Smokin' SRX
06-06-07, 09:15 AM
I am trying to figure out which portion of my comment you are disputing.
First were the 18" rims cadillac rims?
Second, if not were they EXACT replica's of the stock rims (same numbers).
Third, my dealer told me GM has been having problems with transfer case failers on aftermarkets, but well have meant aftermarkets that are larger than 18" or different from the stock designations.
Forth, my transfer case is doing great (knock on fake simulated wood)

ha! No dispute, just some info. My dealer installed 18" aftermarket rims and no probs or warranty concerns at 25K MILES. I too, think the differential problems were from the LARGER 19 & 20" rims, that owners installed onto their stock 17" or 18" rim cars.

In short, if someone wants want MRC.....no "Sport Pack" for them. But 17" & 18" after-market wheels are available (mine are "MC2" w/ Caddy Crest and all!) to dress up your SRX:thumbsup: