: 12-Click Adjustable Shocks for CTS-V

sefa01
02-12-07, 01:34 PM
Just found out that D&D Race Technologies has developed 12-click adjustable shocks for the CTS-V. They look very good and are about the same price as FG2s (which I'm currently running).

Does anybody know this company? More important, is anyone running these shocks? I know that at least one person is since the V is featured on their web site and they use a V logo as part of their page.

Here's the site: http://www.dndracetech.com/gallery3.htm

kgoch
02-12-07, 03:03 PM
They look great!!!!

Seattle CTS-V
02-12-07, 03:41 PM
Looks awesome. Too bad I just had FG2's and the GC kit put in last fall.

Chef
02-12-07, 04:10 PM
Gene Knows them and I believe uses them. He just turned me onto to them. I'd love to hear any differences from the FG2's and those? Anyone?

Also, Penske is close as well - 2&3 clicks..

Chef

Chef
02-12-07, 05:10 PM
Got a good reply and GC coilovers will fit their struts.

sefa01
02-12-07, 06:31 PM
Gene Knows them and I believe uses them. He just turned me onto to them. I'd love to hear any differences from the FG2's and those? Anyone?

Also, Penske is close as well - 2&3 clicks..

Chef

Aren't the Penske shocks much more expensive?

thebigjimsho
02-12-07, 06:38 PM
My V is sleeping and I still have not installed the GC or Hotchkis pieces. Anyone interested in buying FG2s delivered sometime in April???:bouncy:

ZEUSROTTY
02-12-07, 06:53 PM
My V is sleeping and I still have not installed the GC or Hotchkis pieces. Anyone interested in buying FG2s delivered sometime in April???:bouncy:

how much?

Chef
02-12-07, 08:47 PM
Aren't the Penske shocks much more expensive? I believe so but let's wait and see.

rgd
02-12-07, 09:08 PM
Boy's, what you are looking at are the QA1 shocks. I would be willing to bet the set of QA1's on my V that I am right. They are 12 way single adjustable shocks. They work perfect with the Ground Control kit. The only thing I suggest is to have them change the stock oil that they are mfgd with to the thicker oil which is available. This will help stiffen them up so you can adjust them more to the middle click range. I ride mine at a setting of 10-12 at all times. I am sending them out to have them replace the oil any day.

These shocks were originally designed for the Corvette. If you go to the QA1 website, you can download the section titled: Drag Racing/Street Performance once opened you will go to page 14. It is the shock on the left with a different bracket, the pictured shock is silver mine like the ones here are blue.

So now you know!

I hope this helps.

rgd

rgd
02-12-07, 09:28 PM
One other note: Spherical bearing lower mount (eliminates suspension bind)
Front shocks only.

It may help eliminate suspension bind but I would also suggest going to the steele race beaarings immediately, and/or having extra Teflon bearings on-hand at all times. The Teflon ones don't last if you drive hard, track the car or go over a major pothole. The steel ones last but are somewhat noisy!

In fact I just noticed on the website they say they are QA1 dealer.

thanks
rgd

They work gr8 for me by the way. I am sure the Penske fix is better but for the 4 these work well.

thebigjimsho
02-12-07, 10:20 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure if I want to go through with the hassle of figuring out the QA1 shocks. They seem finicky. While I like adjustability, I don't have the time to futz around with aftermarket parts. Part of the reason I didn't install my GC and Hotchkis last fall was I wanted to see the fixes. We'll see.

What's a fair asking price for a set of FG2 with about 15,000 miles?

Florian
02-12-07, 10:57 PM
750? seems fair

F

stkshkr
02-13-07, 12:39 AM
DND is building mine for drag racing, re-valving the QA1's. I'm certain they can set them up for whatever you desire and that it will take minimal adjustment to get your desired results.

rgd
02-13-07, 01:43 AM
DND is building mine for drag racing, re-valving the QA1's. I'm certain they can set them up for whatever you desire and that it will take minimal adjustment to get your desired results.

Like he said. I only wanted to point out that they were QA1 shocks. I bought mine through someone like DND also.

Sorry if i confused the issue!

sefa01
02-13-07, 07:03 AM
Boy's, what you are looking at are the QA1 shocks. I would be willing to bet the set of QA1's on my V that I am right. They are 12 way single adjustable shocks. They work perfect with the Ground Control kit. The only thing I suggest is to have them change the stock oil that they are mfgd with to the thicker oil which is available. This will help stiffen them up so you can adjust them more to the middle click range. I ride mine at a setting of 10-12 at all times. I am sending them out to have them replace the oil any day.

These shocks were originally designed for the Corvette. If you go to the QA1 website, you can download the section titled: Drag Racing/Street Performance once opened you will go to page 14. It is the shock on the left with a different bracket, the pictured shock is silver mine like the ones here are blue.

So now you know!

I hope this helps.

rgdThese are NOT QA1 shocks. I originally called QA1 to see if they have them for the CTS-V. They do not. They are the ones who referred me to D&D.

Apparently you were able to install QA1s on your V. While I'd love to save $350--the difference between QA1s and the D&Ds--I'd worry about a)fitting them on, and b)that the Corvette shocks are designed for a car that's 600 pounds lighter

stkshkr
02-13-07, 10:51 AM
Shocks (QA1) can be re-valved for any application or vehicle. That is what DND does. The shocks are manufactured by QA1 to DND's specifications. QA1 only refers people to DND for this reason (that should be enough of an endorsement).
a) see pic on website....and rgd's V, these are a direct replacement for our shocks
b) see above

05CTS
02-13-07, 10:50 PM
The shocks are QA1. If you click on the link, it says it right there on top.

I like QA1's BUT if you autocross there are better options. Oil filled shocks will foam up and the rebound rating will change. Double adjustable shocks are the way to go IMO.

valdeztke
02-13-07, 11:00 PM
All in all who has the overall better peforming product?

Also I thought penske was looking at making a fully adjustable coil over system?

On the same note I emailed TEIN (its what I ran on my 350Z fully in car adjustable)

Here is what TEIN had to say in response to my email

Dear Juan,

Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance suspension products.

The CTS-V looks like a great car. Unfortunately we do not get many, if any, inquiries for suspension for that particular vehicle. Without a high demand from consumer inquiries, we may not produce any kits for that particular vehicle.

However, TEIN is hoping to soon release a new service to consumers called Specialized Damper Service. This would a customized setup built to customer specifications for spring rate, damping force, use of twin or monotube construction, and use of pillowball upper mounts( if applicable). The construction of the coilovers is similar to our Super Street coilovers.

Unfortunately we do not have any pricing available at this time, but it will be priced per damper. Hopefully we will be getting more details on it within the next few months. Please keep posted with us for more updates on this service.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Sales

Staff @ TEIN USA INC.
9798 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
Phone: (562)861-9161
Fax: (562)861-9171
www.tein.com

Anyone interested in emailing them ... please do sales@tein.com

pimpcaddy
02-14-07, 03:45 PM
Don't forget that KW is developing a fully adjustable coilover set-up for the V.

stkshkr
02-14-07, 05:31 PM
These are shocks only not, a coilover setup

05CTS
02-15-07, 09:38 AM
All in all who has the overall better peforming product?

Also I thought penske was looking at making a fully adjustable coil over system?

On the same note I emailed TEIN (its what I ran on my 350Z fully in car adjustable)

Here is what TEIN had to say in response to my email

Anyone interested in emailing them ... please do sales@tein.com

I think Koni shocks are far superior to the QA1's as they use nitrogen instead of gas. Their rating per square inch is greater as well on their valving.