: Track days coming. Brake line/fluid upgrade worth it?

V-Love
02-11-07, 10:02 PM
Last track day I had my brakes went soft and I discolored the front caliper paint to gold(as many have done before me). I have a couple more days coming up and was considering stainless brake lines and upgraded fluid. Is it worth it or do all brakes go soft eventually. It was the last session on day two when they went soft. A little bit of fluid must have come out of the schrader valve because I saw a line of it dripped down the caliper where the V logo is.
What type of lines or warranty approved fluids can any of you guys recommend? Anybodys comments or experience is appreciated as always.
Homestead is coming again!!! Too much fun to miss.

HushH
02-11-07, 10:23 PM
Upgrading fluid is definitely recommended. I plan on using Motul 600 when I head out to the track this spring.

I've heard mixed reviews on whether it's really necessary to switch to stainless lines. I'd love to hear others opinions on this as well.

Dreamin
02-11-07, 11:55 PM
Run Motul 600. Fix your brake fluid leak. SS lines are not neccesary.

If you're still fading the brakes, time to switch to race brake pads.

50 4Ever
02-12-07, 02:03 AM
Fixing the leak and put in fresh fluid, clutch also. I use Performance Friction Z-Rated DOT-3. I am happy with that.

V-Max
02-12-07, 01:19 PM
I use Valvoline with a fresh set of pads on the C5 and had no problems. Make sure your getting a good cool down and pop the hood after you get out of the car as the heat rising from the engine will pull cooler air from underneath the car.

Herr are some boiling point data and experiences with the top brands.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1619603

Norm

Rockafella
02-12-07, 05:54 PM
Run Motul 600. Fix your brake fluid leak. SS lines are not neccesary.

If you're still fading the brakes, time to switch to race brake pads.

:yeah:

rgd
02-12-07, 09:35 PM
Same/Same Motul 600, different race pads.
I have changed to SS brake lines, they work fine have had no fade using them either.
Tire Rack has a set for $150 I believe.

Others here say no SS needed, I did mine due to brake fade and changed pads at the same time so???

There is my 0.02.