: What Parts are needed for a 383 Stroker kit

TXSilverV
02-11-07, 08:29 PM
What parts do we need to make the LS6 a 383 Stroker? I have a bent valve and thought while the motor is apart to do some work on the internals. Do we keep the same block? Be easy on me as I have no idea what I'm talking about. I just know if the motor is going to be opened up this week I want to do something to get more HP!

Drift-caddy
02-11-07, 08:36 PM
What parts do we need to make the LS6 a 383 Stroker? I have a bent valve and thought while the motor is apart to do some work on the internals. Do we keep the same block? Be easy on me as I have no idea what I'm talking about. I just know if the motor is going to be opened up this week I want to do something to get more HP!

Wow where to start??? umm you are about to recieve so many opions on this matter. Yes, you can keep your block, but why do a 383?? a few thing you have to look at, how much you want to spend? what do you expect the car to do? what are you going to do with the car and what future mods are you going to do??? Give me a call and we can walk you through it and get it done for you..

thanks
Damian
301-943-2882
http://fbodycentral.com/html/main.html

rand49er
02-11-07, 08:47 PM
Would he start with a crank with longer throws, then pistons with different ring locations and wrist-pin-to-top-of-piston dimension?

Whoa, get out your wallet! :stirpot:

VDiddy
02-11-07, 09:00 PM
Sent you a PM. This is quite an odyssey.

Chef
02-11-07, 09:17 PM
:thumbsup: NOW THAT'S WHAT I'm talking about....

say whaaaaen.

valdeztke
02-11-07, 09:22 PM
Just install the flux man ... its what we're all running ..
http://www.rookscastle.com/tutorials/bttf-011.jpg

seriously though - Damian can show you the way!!!

Luna.
02-12-07, 02:05 PM
Flux capacitor? :histeric:

As far as the thread goes...

I would agree with some of the questions above.

Why a 383?

For me, the first question I would ask would be how much it would cost to drop in an LS-7 and then work backwards. I would estimate a tuned LS-7 to come in right around, say, 500 rwhp and 470ish rwtq. Note that wouldn't be too much more than a tune (perhaps headers to, but...) :)

JonCR96Z
02-12-07, 05:03 PM
I have no facts on the matter, but FWIW, I've never seen a LSx 383 run worth a crap. I don't mean that they didn't run good, just very little difference over what people were getting out of a heads/cam LS1. It may have something to do with the stroke/bore ratio. What we have now is nearly ideal.

If I were you. I'd just upgrade the heads or find someone to work on yours. and leave the shortblock alone. If you must have more cubes, then go with a 402 or something along those line.

Jon