: March Motor Trend: 2008 CTS Article; V Speculation

lawfive
02-11-07, 02:24 PM
Nice six page "First Look" article on the new CTS in the March 2007 Motor Trend starts on page 68. The guys at Motor Trend are believers. Lots of talk about the upgrades in style, technology, and execution by Cadillac, and MT's take is that this is (at least on paper) finally a Caddy that can run as an equal with Audi, BMW, MB, and Lexus.

Most interesting bits for us: "We hear GM is mulling a number of CTS variants, including a sport wagon and a stunning two-door coupe, both of which are rumored to make appearances as concept cars sometime in the next 12 months. And, of course, there's the much-scooped new CTS-v, which promises 500 to 600 horsepower of real American V-8 muscle under the hood."

Me, juxtaposing: A 550 horsepower CTS-V coupe. :drool:

Staxxin
02-11-07, 03:32 PM
I read the article as well. Hopefully Cadillac finally got it right with this edition of the CTS. From the tone of MT, it seems they did. Hopefully all that thought and design diligence went into building the next gen V.

The coupe and Wagon concepts are rather interesting. It does seem they are following suite with MB and BMW as they offer similar model breakouts.

rand49er
02-11-07, 04:17 PM
Personally, a sporty wagon with, say, 550 HP and a manual tranny that handles like my current V would be great and a real sleeper. :sneaky:

The question for me becomes, do I spring for a maggie for my '05 V or save the $ and put it towards a new '09 V? Geez, I hate these kinds of decisions. :helpless:

BTW, thanks law, I've got the mag and hadn't read it yet. :thumbsup:

90Brougham350
02-11-07, 06:51 PM
Start saving your pennies now. The '09 will be worth it for the interior alone, but hopefully a new rear-end as well.

Silver Dollar
02-11-07, 07:13 PM
Automobile Mag also had a favorable 2 page review as well

Z06-PWRD
02-11-07, 07:37 PM
You better save a lot more money than a maggie will run you . I bet that if they put 500hp+ into the next V the sticker price goes up at least 10k.

Florian
02-11-07, 07:38 PM
Start saving your pennies now. The '09 will be worth it for the interior alone, but hopefully a new rear-end as well.

Lets hope the 09 interior is different from the 08...GM says theyre making big leaps in interior designs, etc. The CTS I saw at NAIAS was barely passable. Ill take my 04 interior.

F

02-13-07, 06:30 AM
The Motor Trend article also mentioned one of my favorite words....."convertible." Of course 90% of the Sigma handling bennies will be out the window....but a V convertible, if done right, might be wicked fun....

Kadonny
02-13-07, 10:42 AM
You better save a lot more money than a maggie will run you . I bet that if they put 500hp+ into the next V the sticker price goes up at least 10k.

I'll take that bet. No way that happens. 5K maybe, but not 10k. Especially since the rumors of the 08 price point on the regular CTS are not that far off what sticker is now.

The Tony Show
02-13-07, 12:33 PM
Lets hope the 09 interior is different from the 08...GM says theyre making big leaps in interior designs, etc. The CTS I saw at NAIAS was barely passable. Ill take my 04 interior.

F

Wow, that's the first time I've heard that take on the new interior, F. What didn't you like?

[THREADJACK IN PROGRESS!!!]

lawfive
02-13-07, 12:35 PM
I gave Flo-mo thread killer points for that poop job...

RunningOnEMT
02-13-07, 01:08 PM
hmmmm

was there anything anywhere about a CT"C"-V????

as in a coupe version?

RunningOnEMT
02-13-07, 01:08 PM
nevermind... justreread LF's post

although would they call it a CTS variant or the CTC...

BLACK_CTSV
02-13-07, 01:22 PM
I'll take that bet. No way that happens. 5K maybe, but not 10k. Especially since the rumors of the 08 price point on the regular CTS are not that far off what sticker is now.

I'm guessing at least 10K, as well. If it's going to have 550hp, it will not be cheap. It's not going to be M5 territory [price-wise], but will command a hefty premium.

Koooop
02-13-07, 01:28 PM
I intend to beat the crap out of my current V for about two more years, then I will drop in on a used new body style V or maybe that new G8.

When My car comes up for sale I will change all posts from "beat the crap out of" to "Garage kept, never driven in rain, babied and hand washed". You'll all back me up. Right?

caddyv8v
02-13-07, 01:29 PM
the great news is that the target price is 54K, the bad news is that we have to wait until '09. the price is from a very believable source.

Koooop
02-13-07, 01:38 PM
$54,000 Yipee! That means I'll be able to get a hardly used one with a couple of thousand miles on it for $40,000!

lawfive
02-13-07, 03:07 PM
... unless they really kick ass and don't depreciate as fast, Koop.

RunningOnEMT
02-13-07, 03:13 PM
... unless they really kick ass and don't depreciate as fast, Koop.

say it with me LF...A M E R I C A N car... its going to depreciate fast

The Tony Show
02-13-07, 03:13 PM
When My car comes up for sale I will change all posts from "beat the crap out of" to "Garage kept, never driven in rain, babied and hand washed". You'll all back me up. Right?

That's funny. There's a 64 year old guy who Autocrosses with us, and he recently listed his car for sale in our club news letter. The ad was very tongue-in-cheek, something along the lines of "Driven on weekends by elderly gentleman".

Too funny.

Koooop
02-13-07, 05:30 PM
say it with me LF...A M E R I C A N car... its going to depreciate fast

It'll drop $10,000 or more off sticker the moment it rolls out the showroom door.

rand49er
02-13-07, 05:54 PM
It'll drop $10,000 or more off sticker the moment it rolls out the showroom door.Sad, isn't it? Even with the low volumes. That'll be the day when dealers ask for, AND GET, a premium over sticker. 'Twould make resale values stay right up there, I'd think.

Frankly, I love my car. With a maggie this summer, I'll be set for a while I guess. :)

lawfive
02-14-07, 11:42 AM
I'll be in the market in 2008 or 2009. The V, the Challenger, and the Camaro are on my watch list.

I don't think I could do a convertible as a daily driver, even in Southern California. When I want quiet, I want quiet.

The Tony Show
02-14-07, 12:16 PM
Sad, isn't it? Even with the low volumes. That'll be the day when dealers ask for, AND GET, a premium over sticker. 'Twould make resale values stay right up there, I'd think.

Not really. The first few V's and XLRs we sold went for well over sticker, but before you knew it dealers had a few on the lot and started whoring them out, then came the incentives, widepsread talk about diff failures, videos on the internet of douchebags driving their car in limp mode.....and before you know it- shitty resale value.

Koooop
02-14-07, 06:14 PM
I'll be in the market in 2008 or 2009. The V, the Challenger, and the Camaro are on my watch list.

I don't think I could do a convertible as a daily driver, even in Southern California. When I want quiet, I want quiet. I did want to add that Koop knows F'n everything, I wish I was as tall, rich and good looking as that guy!

I couldn't agree more! :worship:

Especially about the Challenger and of course the good looking thing. :bouncy: