: Good service department turns frowns to smiles

billjesnen
02-11-07, 09:56 AM
I had previously posted about my consternation after dealing with several problems (sunroof, rear windshield washer, brakes etc) that left me wondering if I had made a major mistake buying a new '06 SRX, since I felt that a new vehicle delivery process should have fixed most of the problems that I found in the first day of ownership.

Luckily, I have had years of great service from my dealer (Lindsay in Alexandria VA) and after two separate visits I was able get my car working properly. I am extremely fortunate to have a service department that listens to my concerns, and acts on them. Plus it is how they do it, with good attitudes-that makes the biggest impact. I know that it extends beyond just Donna, my service advisor, and that it consists of an entire team of folks who work hard at getting it right.

While I still have one issue that is perplexing (a strong gas odor that is intermittent, usually occurring when stopped) that I will raise with them eventually, I have found that my attitude towards my new vehicle has improved. If I was a first-time Cadillac buyer, I may not have had the trust in the service department with so many delivery-related issues. So for new delivery QC, I am going to jot the upper management a letter regarding how they may improve their first impressions of their buyers. But as I drove home Saturday night, I realized my car and I had made peace. And it is only thru the help of some good service folks.
Bill

c5 rv
02-11-07, 10:50 AM
Woohoo! Good news.

While I still have one issue that is perplexing (a strong gas odor that is intermittant, usually occuring when stopped)...

That's an easy one. Stop eating those chile-cheese burritos with extra onions from Taco Bell. (Spoken from experience.)

billjesnen
02-11-07, 12:24 PM
That's an easy one. Stop eating those chile-cheese burritos with extra onions from Taco Bell. (Spoken from experience.)

No Taco Bell consumption is allowed. It ruins the new car smell <g>

ewill3rd
02-11-07, 01:48 PM
Bill,

If you have any concerns, feel free to let me know.
I am a tech in Lindsay's service department. I am gratified to hear that you have had good experiences in our service department.
Please feel free to let us know anytime you have any problems with your vehicle.

billjesnen
02-11-07, 04:05 PM
Bill,

If you have any concerns, feel free to let me know.
I am a tech in Lindsay's service department. I am gratified to hear that you have had good experiences in our service department.
Please feel free to let us know anytime you have any problems with your vehicle.

Thanks so much for your help plus your outreach on this forum. I have had about 8 years of great service on at least 3 prior caddys serviced at your dealership, and I have purchased two Vues for my sons across the street at the Lindsay Saturn dealership. Your service really makes the difference, and ultimately is what keeps me coming back to Lindsay.
Bill

Lindsay Cadillac
02-13-07, 07:43 AM
I had previously posted about my consternation after dealing with several problems (sunroof, rear windshield washer, brakes etc) that left me wondering if I had made a major mistake buying a new '06 SRX, since I felt that a new vehicle delivery process should have fixed most of the problems that I found in the first day of ownership.

Luckily, I have had years of great service from my dealer (Lindsay in Alexandria VA) and after two separate visits I was able get my car working properly. I am extremely fortunate to have a service department that listens to my concerns, and acts on them. Plus it is how they do it, with good attitudes-that makes the biggest impact. I know that it extends beyond just Donna, my service advisor, and that it consists of an entire team of folks who work hard at getting it right.

While I still have one issue that is perplexing (a strong gas odor that is intermittent, usually occurring when stopped) that I will raise with them eventually, I have found that my attitude towards my new vehicle has improved. If I was a first-time Cadillac buyer, I may not have had the trust in the service department with so many delivery-related issues. So for new delivery QC, I am going to jot the upper management a letter regarding how they may improve their first impressions of their buyers. But as I drove home Saturday night, I realized my car and I had made peace. And it is only thru the help of some good service folks.
Bill

Thanks so much for your help plus your outreach on this forum. I have had about 8 years of great service on at least 3 prior caddys serviced at your dealership, and I have purchased two Vues for my sons across the street at the Lindsay Saturn dealership. Your service really makes the difference, and ultimately is what keeps me coming back to Lindsay.
BillBill,

It's always good to read positive comments like yours. I will pass along what you wrote to Donna and the technicians that worked on your vehicle. If there is ever anything you need in the future please don't hesitate to let us know...