: NAV setup

alexandria
02-10-07, 10:17 PM
I'm attempting to set up the NAV system on my new 2006 SRX. I've inserted the map DVD and I get a dialog box that reads "reading the DVD, please wait...". Problem is this message doesn't disappear and none of the buttons on the left side of the NAV system are active while this message is displayed. What gives?

ewill3rd
02-11-07, 07:59 AM
If it stops there, you basically have one of two problems.
1. The nav disc is damaged or dirty, inspect it and clean it off then try again.
2. If the message won't clear and you are loading the DVD properly (behind the screen) then there could be something wrong with the unit.

TILT: Press the TILT key to open the navigation system faceplate for loading or removing the map DVD, a video DVD, or an audio CD. This key can only be used while the vehicle is in PARK (P).

The tilt key is in the lower right hand corner and has an eject icon on it, the line with the arrow over it.

n7don_srx
02-11-07, 08:02 AM
One possibility is a bad map DVD. If you have access to a computer with a dual (double) layer dvd drive you should be able to "explore" the files on the disk if it's readable. If it's not readable may be a clue it's bad. Not fool proof but easy to do.
Of course, another option are to try the disk in another 06 system.
Lastly, if the 06 is like the 07, the Nav DVD goes into a different slot than the one that plays CDs and DVDs. Any possibility you're using the wrong slot?

alexandria
02-11-07, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the advice. I cleaned the CD-ROM (and I was inserting it into the slot behind the screen). No luck. I can see the files on my laptop, so I'm presuming it's the unit?

ewill3rd
02-11-07, 11:35 AM
Sounds like the dealer needs to have a look at it.
It very well could be the nav unit.

sgilbert
02-11-07, 11:37 AM
If this is new, your dealer should have had it set-up before final delivery! However, it is under warranty, and they will likely replace the entire unit.

Be advised, though, it will be a reconditioned unit, but under full warranty.

billjesnen
02-11-07, 12:29 PM
Alexandria, if you just happen to be in Alexandria VA, you could try my DVD in your car, or vice versa, if you were interested. But a trip to the dealer may just be easier.... let me know if you want to give it a go.

alexandria
02-20-07, 09:49 PM
Thanks billjesnen - I finally got the NAV working. I appreciate your offer to help. I love my new V8 SRX!

tomduder
08-03-07, 01:26 PM
Alexandria, I am having the same problem...how did you fix it?

Thanks