: 2000 dts subwoofer install

benshizzle
02-10-07, 08:01 PM
was wondering how hard it would be to install subwoofers on a 00 dts with bose head unit and speakers. I want to keep the stock deck and stock sub and if possible add a line convertor to run a amp and some subs. If i do this at a store like best buy how much is a reasonable price to pay?
Thanks in advanced

Ben

CadillacSTS42005
02-10-07, 09:07 PM
Search!

benshizzle
02-10-07, 09:48 PM
i looked at the first 4 pages i'll try looking beyond that

CadillacSTS42005
02-10-07, 09:59 PM
ugh

heres what you need
an rca low level adapter
they cost like 20-30 bucks
it will branch off the rear sub and give you a set of rca output in to the new amp
then run your power and ground wires from under the rear seat to the amp

evanoliver
02-13-07, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure how much we charge to do installs, but, we've worked on my car before and always done a good job.

I'd check with people you know to see how the install bay is in your area. I know I've heard some horror stories about other stores. At any rate, just chat with the installers and feel them out. Most of them are good guys.

I'll check into the pricing tomorrow and get back to you about what it should cost. If my initial thinking is correct it should be like $80 bucks. 40 for the amp run and 40 for the sub install. Unfortunately having our batteries under our rear seat doesn't catch us a break.

Evan Oliver
Double Agent
Geek Squad/Best Buy Stores, Inc.
Bloomington, Indiana

evan.oliver@geeksquad.com

the727kid
02-13-07, 11:46 PM
$80 LOL man I'd do it for $20. I could have it all in 20 minutes. It's very easy, just do it your self. LOC is self explantory, just use from the sub wires and then hook up the RCAs. Run a power and a ground wire directly to your battery since it's in your back seat. The hardest part is finding a remote, use a DMM or a test light to see what wires in the wire rails under the back seat turn on in ACC mode, ON, and with the car started and just put your remote into that.

CadillacSTS42005
02-14-07, 09:10 AM
same here man
its no big thing real easy
and the battery under the rear seat does make it easier because then we dont have to run a huge power wire through your entire car to get to the amp.