: 04 CTS 3.6 Oil Filter

Rich24
03-17-04, 08:49 PM
Dumb question! Is it right next to the dipstick on top? I purchased one and see that its a cartridge type filter. I don't remember seeing anything in the owners manual. :hmm:

hog4oc
03-17-04, 09:00 PM
You got it right.

Dumb question! Is it right next to the dipstick on top? I purchased one and see that its a cartridge type filter. I don't remember seeing anything in the owners manual. :hmm:

10-20-06, 12:25 PM
I bought a new '06 CTS with the 3.6 engine back in May. I had the dealer do the first free oil change but plan to do them myself now. My question is that with the oil filter canister on top the engine and turned upside down is there any way to drain the filter first so you don't have a mess everywhere?

Zorb750
10-21-06, 09:04 AM
If it's a cartridge, open the top, slowly lift out the filter while letting it drain well. Once it's drained (you can hold it over the canister to drain), just stick a pan or a coffee can lid or something under it.

BMW has used that forever, I've never seen one with a spin on oil filter. Never made a mess either. With BMW, you drop the filter into the canister and install the lid (thread it on). When you remove it, the filter stays clipped to the and you can just let it drain and then quickly flip it over, turning the lid into a drip catcher to catch what doesn't drain, then just knock the filter off into the garbage.

jorozco
11-02-06, 07:02 AM
Greetings.....

I have a 06 SRX with a V-6 3.6L Engine. My questions is , is the oil pan drain plug located on the bottom drivers side? I noticed a slight bubble shaped area where the assumed drain plug is located.

Appreciate your comments.

Thank you.