: Light Fright

WildLife
02-10-07, 04:19 PM
Hey
Get home, notice SES Light..............................
Craaaap, check the code............................
P036
Oh Oh I thought that sounds Baaaaad
Check the code for meaning...............
Whew EGR Pintle Position......................Yeah Baby.................
I can deal with that.
Any body else's heart stop untill the Light code meaning is found?
:eek:

dkozloski
02-10-07, 04:40 PM
I've had a few but they all cleared themselves.

BodybyFisher
02-10-07, 05:33 PM
Hey
Get home, notice SES Light..............................
Craaaap, check the code............................
P036
Oh Oh I thought that sounds Baaaaad
Check the code for meaning...............
Whew EGR Pintle Position......................Yeah Baby.................
I can deal with that.
Any body else's heart stop untill the Light code meaning is found?
:eek:

I have all the OBDII codes on a print out that i keep in my glove compartment, :)

clarkz71
02-10-07, 06:27 PM
I have all the OBDII codes on a print out that i keep in my glove compartment, :)

Same here, just OBD I

AlBundy
02-11-07, 10:05 PM
Well I don't know if you had the fuel rail recall done but I thought taking the EGR valve off was going to be a breeze until I realized that after the fuel rail recall was done it was also welded to the EGR valve so I had to remove both. I thought about cutting it but ewill3rd told me not to cut it as it was also a ground. I was pissed.

Tonkin
02-12-07, 12:19 AM
:yeah:

So that is why replacing the EGR valve on my 1996 was a B%$&*! I thought some one designed it that way!:hmm:

clarkz71
02-12-07, 06:02 AM
Well I don't know if you had the fuel rail recall done but I thought taking the EGR valve off was going to be a breeze until I realized that after the fuel rail recall was done it was also welded to the EGR valve so I had to remove both. I thought about cutting it but ewill3rd told me not to cut it as it was also a ground. I was pissed.

A fuel rail welded to the EGR??? I'd have to see a pic of that. I have the stainless fuel rail (recall) and it attaches to one of the EGR bolts via a bracket.

Ranger
02-12-07, 11:44 AM
The hold down bracket that is attached to the EGR mounting bolt is brazed to the rail. That has to be what he is talking about.

clarkz71
02-12-07, 12:07 PM
I know that, so I couldn't understand why he would want to cut something you can unbolt.

clarkz71
02-12-07, 12:11 PM
after the fuel rail recall was done it was also welded to the EGR valve so I had to remove both.

That's what he said. It's welded to the EGR valve, not bolted to it, as it is.

AlBundy
02-12-07, 03:47 PM
That's what he said. It's welded to the EGR valve, not bolted to it, as it is.

Sorry you and Ranger are both correct.:thumbsup: I must've been thinking of something else but I could'nt get mine off without taking the fuel rail off.:rant2:

Ranger
02-12-07, 06:05 PM
Sorry you and Ranger are both correct.:thumbsup: I must've been thinking of something else but I could'nt get mine off without taking the fuel rail off.:rant2:
Right you are. It is a royal PITA and I have to admit that I too had considered cutting it and making a modification (if I ever had to remove it again ...... which I didn't).

ewill3rd
02-12-07, 09:35 PM
Did I hear my name? LOL

Yeah, the old fuel rail had one steel pipe in the middle of the front end, but when we do the recall we cut that off and the rail is grounded through the EGR housing to the block.
I don't much care for the way it covers the EGR but it it pretty easy to remove the rail when you get down to it.
It just stinks to have to in order to get the EGR off.

acklac7
02-14-07, 12:08 PM
Did I hear my name? LOL

Yeah, the old fuel rail had one steel pipe in the middle of the front end, but when we do the recall we cut that off and the rail is grounded through the EGR housing to the block.
I don't much care for the way it covers the EGR but it it pretty easy to remove the rail when you get down to it.
It just stinks to have to in order to get the EGR off.

WOW, this I didn't know! So now I have to remove the rail in order to clean my EGR?...Im glad I scrubbed the piss out it last time around!!!

That being said I have removed the rail before...Not looking forward to doing it again though..All the idle sensors and such are a pain..

codewize
02-16-07, 10:49 PM
Yes. When I see something like that I worry shitless until I know what it means. These things can be so costly to repair and I think most of us are living on a normal budget with no warranty.