: Uh Oh, sts v blows head gasket

Davidstan
02-10-07, 10:06 AM
With about 500 miles on my new V i noticed coolant leaking on garage floor. Took it in to the dealer and without much discussion they assured me i would get a re purchase. I talked to the tech at the dealership and he said one bolt was torqued to tight. Oh well. I now get a choice of about a dozen new 06's around the southeast. can't decide on color combo. Help me out here guys. I can go back to the same silver over gray but the light interior concerned me a little. There is a couple of silver over black i'm considering and funny how my love / hate relationship w/ black cars stays in play. Cant beat the looks of the black but washing it here in Atl (red dirt) every 4 days gets old. Sorry for rambling but i'll be in limbo for 3 weeks driving a SRX till the paperwork is completed.

Davidstan

harryctsv
02-10-07, 11:41 AM
With about 500 miles on my new V i noticed coolant leaking on garage floor. Took it in to the dealer and without much discussion they assured me i would get a re purchase. I talked to the tech at the dealership and he said one bolt was torqued to tight. Oh well. I now get a choice of about a dozen new 06's around the southeast. can't decide on color combo. Help me out here guys. I can go back to the same silver over gray but the light interior concerned me a little. There is a couple of silver over black i'm considering and funny how my love / hate relationship w/ black cars stays in play. Cant beat the looks of the black but washing it here in Atl (red dirt) every 4 days gets old. Sorry for rambling but i'll be in limbo for 3 weeks driving a SRX till the paperwork is completed.

Davidstan

Hi David, if you don`t like Black for cleaning and no another Light Platinum you only have the choice of Stealth Gray. If you could get an 07 my choice would be Thunder Gray it`s a nice color and easy to keep clean. Harry

V-Beach
02-10-07, 01:20 PM
I guess GM could not afford to buy the guy that "hand built" your engine a torque wrench. I'm a black fan so no help here. Yup, it's a pain to keep clean, but, when it's clean it looks great. I have the red/black interior and love it.

CadV
02-10-07, 03:57 PM
Least GM is doing the right thing.

Silver/Black make sure you keep those chrome rims :)

Davidstan
02-10-07, 05:11 PM
Least GM is doing the right thing.

Silver/Black make sure you keep those chrome rims :)

i've decided on the silver/black and the dealer is putting the rims on the new cars tires. i'm giving them a car i had just zaino'ed:mad2: but they are doing right by me.

Jesda
02-10-07, 08:06 PM
Is the engine builder's name stamped on a badge under the hood? Call him in Michigan and complain. :)

CIWS
02-11-07, 10:09 AM
OMG, crappy american cars !! Make a video and put it on Streetfire !!!!

Oh wait...

;)

harryctsv
02-11-07, 10:32 AM

Oh wait...

;)
CIWS, this can happen on any car on market. Sure, too whom it happens it`s allways bad but when he gets a new V I would say that`s OK.

Harry

Kadonny
02-11-07, 10:55 AM

Oh wait...

;)

Hehehe. What ever happened to that guy and his CTS-V?

And David, bummer dude, but again at least GM is doing the right thing in getting you a brand new one.

My suggestion, just leave the painted wheels on and send me the chrommies ;)

Seriously, hang in there you just had a bad snap of luck. I've been there, done that.

Were there any Stealth Gray 06s out there? To me that color was freaking awesome, I sort of miss it.

CIWS
02-11-07, 10:57 AM
CIWS, this can happen on any car on market. Sure, too whom it happens it`s allways bad but when he gets a new V I would say that`s OK.

Harry

Hence the wink, it was a joke.

Davidstan
02-11-07, 11:39 AM
Hehehe. What ever happened to that guy and his CTS-V?

And David, bummer dude, but again at least GM is doing the right thing in getting you a brand new one.

My suggestion, just leave the painted wheels on and send me the chrommies ;)

Seriously, hang in there you just had a bad snap of luck. I've been there, done that.

Were there any Stealth Gray 06s out there? To me that color was freaking awesome, I sort of miss it.

a couple of grays were there but i like silver or black. imo, the A and S style is for black cars like red is for a Ferrari, no flame from anyone plz, just mo.

caddyv8v
02-12-07, 02:43 PM
man you are lucky. i still have 13 months of keeping a black car clean.

Davidstan
02-20-07, 07:21 PM
Update. My replacement arrived and the dealer called and said it had damage to the front clip. A 3 incher gash they said and so it was returned to GM. Waiting for another car next week Quite an ordeal but they are letting me drive the old V til we swap instead of a rental.

mocts
02-21-07, 12:08 AM
its good that gm is taking care of you in the right way making sure you get what you deserve.

Silver Dollar
02-23-07, 02:33 PM
My feeling is the only color for the STS should be blue to match the owners hair.

:)

Kadonny
02-25-07, 10:19 AM
Hey Silver, how about you bring your V over and we'll run em, I can then show you how the tint of my tailights look blue when you are behind me :stirpot:

Silver Dollar
02-25-07, 01:36 PM
Lol!

z06bigbird
03-30-07, 01:03 PM
Red ones are the fastest.

Ed

z06bigbird
03-30-07, 01:08 PM
A Northstar blowing a head gasket????

Have not heard of that since last week? And the week before, and the week before that.

Many gasket problems were the related to the newer anti freeze and the plastic intake gaskets that GM used.

Other causes of the problem were related to the small rubber band fan belt that controls the water pump. For years, many customers and garages did not know that existed. Early Northstars "were done" when the engines overheated. As the years went on, GM made appropriate changes and vastly improved the situation.

Ed