: how about these

theloanman219
02-09-07, 09:33 AM
I have put a deposit on these wheels and need some feedback.

nikon
02-09-07, 09:44 AM
those belong on a thugged out DTS....but, do what you want....fugly to me.

BowenCT
02-09-07, 09:44 AM
Can you get your deposit back?

rand49er
02-09-07, 10:10 AM
Can you get your deposit back?Oh, that's cruel. :nono:

theloanman219
02-09-07, 10:13 AM
No not really. If they don't like them it's ok. But I actually think that they will be alright once they are on. I didn't like the stealth gray either till I got one for myself. And the price is right for the wheel and tire package. So we will see.

Thanks RAND49ER!

svassh
02-09-07, 10:17 AM
Not bad, but the more see thru the better on the V, IMHO. I hope you are not paying the crazy $800 custom wheel price.

rand49er
02-09-07, 10:18 AM
... I didn't like the stealth gray either till I got one for myself. ...:thumbsup:

theloanman219
02-09-07, 10:20 AM
$2500 Shipped Wheels And Tires Next Day.

nikon
02-09-07, 10:48 AM
at least tell me they're not 22's. :thehand:

don't ban me urb :suspense:

theloanman219
02-09-07, 10:52 AM
No they are not 22". but your a funny guy!

The Tony Show
02-09-07, 11:26 AM
There's no way to say it without sounding mean.

No. Please no. Way too blingmaster for me, but it's not my car.

theloanman219
02-09-07, 11:28 AM
Here is a xlr V with the same 20"s.

urbanski
02-09-07, 11:49 AM
No they are not 22". but your a funny guy!

he was serious

theloanman219
02-09-07, 11:51 AM
yeah I know that he was. But thats ok. Im thick skinned.

CIWS
02-09-07, 12:03 PM
loanman, if you like them that's what matters. You make the payments and drive the car.

04CTSVFLA
02-09-07, 12:34 PM
dude, ur taking a sedan sports car and turning into the DUB magazine pimp ride of tha month.....pls dont.....

04CTSVFLA
02-09-07, 12:36 PM
and ur in fla?? pls dont ruin the image us V boys have in florida.....put ur money into go fast parts or suspension improvement or something!!! Or at least get some sporty wheels instead of thug wheels....I mean you did buy the V cause it was sportier than the cts....if you were planning on puytting DUBS on the car....you shoulda gotten a 300c....those cars get lots of DUB attention....sorry couldnt help myself....

HushH
02-09-07, 12:54 PM
loanman, if you like them that's what matters. You make the payments and drive the car.

:nuffsaid:

ctsvflorida
02-09-07, 01:20 PM
You guys are harsh! I think they will look better on the car than you guys think! Something has to detract the eyes of onlookers from the color of the car anyway! OH snap! LOL! I am just not a gray fan, except for my light gray! :D Right, IGOTMEAV?

I will tell you this though, even if he decides that they are too chromey (is that a word?), for the price he paid, he could have the spokes painted and they would look awesome! Someone has those very similar wheels on here and he had the spokes painted black and ALL of you loved them! Maybe you just didn't know that he had the spokes painted! AHAA! All this is only one man's opinion!

valdeztke
02-09-07, 01:23 PM
:want: There is no such thing as "light gray" ....

RunningOnEMT
02-09-07, 01:24 PM
I have put a deposit on these wheels and need some feedback.

:nono::thehand: :thehand: :thehand: :thehand: :thehand: :thehand:

no offense but they scream gangsta' to me

nikon
02-09-07, 01:30 PM
All I can say is after you put these on you better not start another post asking what you can do to make your car faster...because the first response will be remove the gangsta dubs.

other than that...well, nothing else to say.

theloanman219
02-09-07, 01:32 PM
Actaully it has crossed my mind about paintint the centers. And for all who don't like them take a second look at those ugly ass meglia wheels. Like I said I don't care that you guys have a opinion (some of you are as old as dirt anyways) hahah. Its all good. I think that once they are on the car they will be ok. And if not I will sell them to 250

04CTSVFLA
02-09-07, 01:42 PM
Someone has those very similar wheels on here and he had the spokes painted black and ALL of you loved them!

and which rims were those. I know for sure, I would YAK if someone put those rims on my car...there hideous.....and cheap looking. BTW I wouldnt like em in black, green, or purple. LOL

04CTSVFLA
02-09-07, 01:43 PM
And for all who don't like them take a second look at those ugly ass meglia wheels

I dont think anyone likes those either.....but they are only about 160 or something a rim.....if i were you id choose different rims...as you are totally ruining the V's purpose - and its not the cover of dub magazine....

starfox86
02-09-07, 01:51 PM
Personally, I wouldnt put those on ur car. HAve you called CCW? When I called them they said I could get 8.5 x 20 and 9.5 x 20 with tires for 3300...i think spending the extra few bucks would be worth it in the long run. but its really up to you. also, if you search around..like ebay and stuff you can find some pretty nice wheels. like there were some asantis that were like mine but chrome and they were practicly new, they sold on ebay for 2400. I would really put some staggered ones on !!!

nikon
02-09-07, 02:11 PM
one more thing...how wide are they? and what size/brand tires are they coming with...might wanna make sure they don't rub.

04CTSVFLA
02-09-07, 02:23 PM
what does being an old fart have anything to do with it??? Im 22, in the whole hip hop scene etc....and still think ur destroying the vehicles intentions by throwing those rims on there....like i said thosde rims are for the 300c crowd in dub magazine.

ctsvflorida
02-09-07, 02:34 PM
:rave:

Rough crowd! Sheesh!

starfox86
02-09-07, 02:38 PM
what does being an old fart have anything to do with it??? Im 22, in the whole hip hop scene etc....and still think ur destroying the vehicles intentions by throwing those rims on there....like i said thosde rims are for the 300c crowd in dub magazine.
:word:

Smokin' 04 CTS
02-09-07, 02:41 PM

"destroying" the car is definately a harsh term. the wheels aren't going to be welded onto the rotor's.. you can roll the 20's for a nice cruise and put the stocker's back on when you hit up the track.

I personally think those rims are nice, and would look good on the V. They have a 3pc look and are made by dvinci, which is a brand that has really proved itself in recent years. At least they are not those played out TiS or DUB rims. Its a unique design and the rivets really set it off.

Do it and let the rest of them mount the CCW's. Some variety is good!

theloanman219
02-09-07, 03:00 PM
Like I said. I just wanted feed back. Its cool if some of you don't like them and some do. They will work for now. In the same manner I see spending any more money on wheels then I did. If I don't like them after a while I will either sell them to someone else who doesnt want to spending tons of money.

And with a certified car I don't plan on making it much faster. Its not worth voiding the warranty. Once its ends thats when my girl maggie will come.

thebigjimsho
02-09-07, 03:22 PM
I actually like the look of the wheels themselves. But I don't think the V looks good with 5 spokes, in general. The V seems to look better with more spokes on the rims.

theloanman219
02-09-07, 03:25 PM
did you see the xlr v with the wheels on it?

CHP N-V
02-09-07, 03:34 PM
I think they look alright. I mean I would not put them on my V but I have saw way worse wheels on some V's on here...

Got5onit
02-09-07, 03:42 PM
So, if they had black spokes they would NOT be considered "gangster"??:bigroll: :thepan:

It's your car, do with it as you wish. :)

Personally, I think the wheel looks really good on that XLR. Definitely post pics when you get them on the CTS-V.

ctsvflorida
02-09-07, 06:23 PM
I think they look alright. I mean I would not put them on my V but I have saw way worse wheels on some V's on here...

Wow! I came to this thread as I was just thinking of Gene (theloanman) and thought of the HORRIBLE wheels I have seen on some cars in this forum and you know what? I think Gene's wheels will look fine! So, CHP-NV: Right on and points for you! I am not, at all, a chrome guy myself, as many of you are not either, but the style is pretty nice and I bet they look much better than many of you think! Just keep an open mind and wait for the pics! I know, I know it is his taste that matters but WE ALL KNOW THAT WITHOUT WRITING IT! Duh!

I had to write that, in caps too, sorry!

Get them pics on here Gene!

Chef
02-09-07, 08:49 PM
Send them here - I'll put canapes on them...

Me no likey....:hide: