: Security Box

nofinga911
02-08-07, 09:37 PM
last time I posted this, my thread got closed...i was asking if anyone had any ideas for a way to make a secret stash box in the new 07 escalade...the thread was closed because the moderator said illegal discussions are not aloud...well i dont know where his head was but the reason i am asking about this is because i often have to leave valuables in my vehicle and i dont want anyone to be able to find them...im thinking something automated...i flip a hidden switch and a secret area pops out or opens up..any ideas

hcvone
02-09-07, 07:02 AM
Don't know why your last thread was closed unless illegal things were being talked about. Depending on your seating setup you maybe able to get a box mounted under a seat, check with companied that sell safes. :)

rgramjet
02-09-07, 02:03 PM
I mounted an "Auto Vault" in my Jeep Wrangler. Went under the rear seat. Had a tubular lock and was about 4" x 12" x 12". Bolted it through the floor and undercoated the bolt heads. Very secure! Loved it!

R1stunta
02-09-07, 02:18 PM
There is a custom shop up here that made a security box that was automated that went in place of the passenger airbag in an 02-06 Escalade. It was pretty trick!!!

dkozloski
02-09-07, 04:46 PM
I saw a "Cops" episode on TV where a motorist was charged with having a "secret space or "secret compartment" even though there was nothing in it. You might want to check the laws in your jurisdiction before proceding. If you do a Google search on "vehicle secret compartment" you'll find that if the cops find it, your vehicle is subject to forfeiture. In some states it's a class four felony. Now you know why this topic may have been closed before.

dkozloski
02-09-07, 05:03 PM
There is a custom shop up here that made a security box that was automated that went in place of the passenger airbag in an 02-06 Escalade. It was pretty trick!!!
A guy had a BB gun in place of the airbag and got 10 years in the can for it. He appealed and the judge said it's legal to own the BB gun so the sentence was reduced to two years for having a secret compartment. If having a secret compartment is worth two years in the bucket, be my guest. Another important bit of information is that all cops profile in one way or another and everybody has the impression that thugs drive Escalades. You're sticking your neck way out there.

yourgmsolutions
02-09-07, 05:35 PM
I almost went to prison for making one and installing it for somebody else.

dkozloski
02-09-07, 05:41 PM
Even if the box is legal in your state having one means there are states you have to avoid and you better have a current list.

ravenon20s
02-09-07, 08:07 PM
That would be pimp shii. Canada dont have laws like that. Anyone have a layout, blueprints, ideas, suggestions? thanks!

yourgmsolutions
02-09-07, 08:42 PM
if you do google search you can find safes for cars.

benamaster
02-09-07, 09:21 PM
This seems like a more legal version of what you're looking for http://www.consolevault.com/ I've never seen one in person but they look nice in the pictures.

dkozloski
02-09-07, 09:41 PM
That would be pimp shii. Canada dont have laws like that. Anyone have a layout, blueprints, ideas, suggestions? thanks!
Right! Canada is the free and open society where the only Capitol crime is putting up an English language sign.

ravenon20s
02-09-07, 09:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. I love your thinking. I dont understand why the rest of canada is USING FRENCH!

dkozloski
02-09-07, 10:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. I love your thinking. I dont understand why the rest of canada is USING FRENCH!
It's because the French hate the English and vice versa. At least that's what we were taught in school. The poem "Evangeline" by longfellow expands on this theme.

nofinga911
02-11-07, 08:40 PM
A guy had a BB gun in place of the airbag and got 10 years in the can for it. He appealed and the judge said it's legal to own the BB gun so the sentence was reduced to two years for having a secret compartment. If having a secret compartment is worth two years in the bucket, be my guest. Another important bit of information is that all cops profile in one way or another and everybody has the impression that thugs drive Escalades. You're sticking your neck way out there.

thats ight...can aint no big deal...plus theres no way they can send someone away for having it unless theres something veryyyy illegal in it

nofinga911
02-11-07, 08:41 PM
thats ight...can aint no big deal...plus theres no way they can send someone away for having it unless theres something veryyyy illegal in it

you can see i really want this security spot lol

dkozloski
02-12-07, 12:20 AM
you can see i really want this security spot lol
Just having the compartment with nothing in it will get you a felony charge in several states. It it's worth a couple of years in the joint, be my guest.

parexa
02-12-07, 06:21 AM
lol i bet you guys get 1 year in prison for littering

aburzen
02-12-07, 09:07 AM
I really like the one's that are from www.consolevault.com. Goo dprice too.

Jackalope Eye
02-12-07, 06:59 PM
So this wouldn't be legal in California?

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Consoles/Console_Vault/CV1011.jpg

I thought as long as you kept the weapon unloaded in a locked container you would be legal.

Jackalope Eye
02-12-07, 07:04 PM
I just looked up the law in CA (not Canada!) and I think this console safe is legal for carrying an unloaded weapon.

That site Aburzen listed does not make a safe for the 07's yet. The guy said not until summer probably.

The one I just posted says it's for 07 Escalades.

nofinga911
02-12-07, 09:57 PM
i think everyone who is talking legal issues is focusing more on the fact that the compartment be hidden to be considered illegal...but i honestly (not saying it to be a di*k) dont mind....i mean my intentions are to have a hidden spot to hide valuables...so if i had to worry about cops finding it, it wouldnt be hidden as well as i would want it, therefore i would not have it....ya follow? soo what i am looking for, would not have me worried about legality

yourgmsolutions
02-12-07, 10:35 PM
i think everyone who is talking legal issues is focusing more on the fact that the compartment be hidden to be considered illegal...but i honestly (not saying it to be a di*k) dont mind....i mean my intentions are to have a hidden spot to hide valuables...so if i had to worry about cops finding it, it wouldnt be hidden as well as i would want it, therefore i would not have it....ya follow? soo what i am looking for, would not have me worried about legality

how big of the box are you looking for ?

Caddydude420
02-13-07, 12:28 AM
I'd like something to keep my wheel lock key.

I had 2 sets of locking keys on my Altima (thinking if they brought a set of 4 of those locking nut removers that are only good for on use they wouldn't be able to ake mine) Some bastards stole my rims in my driveway, right up against my house in a nice neighborhood. I hid the keys fairly well but they dug through the car until they found them.

I don't want the same thing to happen to my 24s that I'm getting. I can leave them safe at home in my room, but if I ever need them it's a pain to go and get them. Taking them where ever I go is out of the question, I'm too lazy to be taking my radio out with me unless I'm at a questionable area.

Why can't you have a more secure locking area in your car? My altimas glove box can be locked. My dad has a "Valet" compartment that locks in his Benz. Why can't you have a more secure hidden compartment?

nofinga911
02-13-07, 06:47 PM
how big of the box are you looking for ?

not that big...i guess big enough to fit ummm.. two water bottles laying down

yourgmsolutions
02-13-07, 07:17 PM
not that big...i guess big enough to fit ummm.. two water bottles laying down

reason I asked, you can have a custom build one to fit inside of your center console, for cheaper that you can buy on line or else where. I'll look for blue print of the one I built, just to give you idea.
that customer of mine was traveling a lot, so he needed a place to keep his emergency water bottle. that box did not have any keys/locks, and looked like a solid piece. but from the bottom I made a spring loaded mechanism which was activated by a coded switch. I also used another type of switches that look like a piece of ribben cable. you could put them under headliner/carpet/etc
Ones you activate it, takes seconds to have a bottle of water

nofinga911
02-13-07, 08:36 PM
reason I asked, you can have a custom build one to fit inside of your center console, for cheaper that you can buy on line or else where. I'll look for blue print of the one I built, just to give you idea.
that customer of mine was traveling a lot, so he needed a place to keep his emergency water bottle. that box did not have any keys/locks, and looked like a solid piece. but from the bottom I made a spring loaded mechanism which was activated by a coded switch. Ialso used another type of switches that look like a piece of ribben cable. you could put them under headliner/carpet/etc
Ones you activate it, takes seconds to have a bottle of water

youu see now that is what im talking aboutt....you are the man i need GmG...I would be more then greatful if you can help me out...veryyy excited :thumbsup:

Jackalope Eye
02-14-07, 02:33 PM
GMG-

Man, if you tint my lights, I would probably want that done as well.

Now, how about installing a Flux Capacitor?

TMW597
02-14-07, 02:40 PM
Just get a Console Vault and call it a day. http://015e4e8.netsolstores.com/vehiclemodels/cadillac.aspx

The site isn't updated but if you call them direct, they'll have the box for you. I have on in my 2007 Yukon XL.

Nasty Black Lac
02-15-07, 06:55 AM
I thought as long as you kept the weapon unloaded in a locked container you would be legal.

So much for the Second Amendment! I couldn't imagine carrying my Glock on me or in my car - UNLOADED!

Jackalope Eye
02-15-07, 11:21 AM
So much for the Second Amendment! I couldn't imagine carrying my Glock on me or in my car - UNLOADED!

LIBERTARIANS UNITE!!!

dabmansr
02-15-07, 11:33 AM
Why not use the second bttery bracket (right side near the fuse panel). you could put in a small locking type fire proof safe or a marine type battery box.