: 07 Dual Exhaust?

nofinga911
02-08-07, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know if anyone produces a dual or quad *straight out the back* exhaust for the 07 escalades exts? (not cat back)

cadymon
02-08-07, 10:33 PM
i have seen that set up on B&B exhaust i think but i could be wrong.

hcvone
02-09-07, 06:55 AM
Corsa has a rear exit exhaust for the 07's, the problem is it is a 3" system, the stock 07' system is 3 1/4", B&B uses a 3 1/2" to the muffler, and them splits it to two 2 1/4" pipes but it exits out the side behind the rear wheels i.e. 02's to 06's. I just ordered the B&B thru T Byrne, I waited for Corsa because I wanted the rear exit, but went with B&B because of the pipe size. I had a B&B system on one of my 2000 Corvette's it was a nice sounding system.

Jackalope Eye
02-12-07, 08:26 PM
What's is the disadvantage of the pipe size if you went with the Corsa?

cadymon
02-12-07, 09:02 PM
Corsa has a rear exit exhaust for the 07's, the problem is it is a 3" system, the stock 07' system is 3 1/4", B&B uses a 3 1/2" to the muffler, and them splits it to two 2 1/4" pipes but it exits out the side behind the rear wheels i.e. 02's to 06's. I just ordered the B&B thru T Byrne, I waited for Corsa because I wanted the rear exit, but went with B&B because of the pipe size. I had a B&B system on one of my 2000 Corvette's it was a nice sounding system.
how much did that B&B cost you :thumbsup:

wookerNokturnal
02-12-07, 09:41 PM
Does anyone know if anyone produces a dual or quad *straight out the back* exhaust for the 07 escalades exts? (not cat back)

yes
i waiting on a sponsorship from GIBSON EXHAUST...

nofinga911
02-12-07, 09:48 PM
yes
i waiting on a sponsorship from GIBSON EXHAUST...

they have ones that come str8 out the back? i only see side swept ones on their site

wookerNokturnal
02-12-07, 09:58 PM
they have ones that come str8 out the back? i only see side swept ones on their site

yes thats true
but there going to enngineer it for me this months since me and Jason Gibson are close
hes hook up alot of NOKTURNAL members before........

nofinga911
02-12-07, 10:26 PM
yes thats true
but there going to enngineer it for me this months since me and Jason Gibson are close
hes hook up alot of NOKTURNAL members before........

ohh lucky youu...are they going to add any to their line...or only for you?

hcvone
02-13-07, 07:05 AM
What's is the disadvantage of the pipe size if you went with the Corsa?

I did not want to go with a smaller exhaust, all in all the stock system is not that bad, look at the system under the truck some time it's huge for stock, most of the tubing is 3 1/4" diameter, the Corsa system is bases on a 3" diameter system, and owning as many Corsa systems as I have I am sure it would flow better than stock, but probably not that much better, but it would offer a better sound, I told Corsa about the size before they built the system in several e-mails back and forth, but it looks like they just increased the size slightly from the 5.3 system. That is why I went with B&B, I have had one of their systems on one of my 2000 Corvette's, and was pleased. I liked the idea of them using 3 1/2" diameter tubing, what I am not crazy about is their exhaust system exits behind the rear wheels like the 02's to 06's and not out the back. If I don't like it I will just replace it with something else or go back to the stock system, but I am sure it should sound and run great.

hcvone
02-13-07, 07:07 AM
how much did that B&B cost you :thumbsup:

I got it on sale from TB for $765

253caddy
02-13-07, 04:11 PM
Has anyone just replaced the muffler and added a tip instead of the huge resinator they install stock???

The pipe GM uses is a good pipe and size you would pay alot to have that all redone for no reason!

I stopped by a muffler shop and they were talking about trying a 50 series flowmaster do you think that will work?

hcvone
02-13-07, 04:39 PM
That would work, if you note on the stock system they do crunch down the rear tail pipe section that goes over the axle reducing performance, it just something that the factory does for easier install on the line. The muffler on the stock system is the most restriction in the system for sure. That is why I went with the B&B because they use a pipe larger than stock. :)

GTSJOE97
03-04-07, 11:56 AM
These trucks do not make enough power to require 3.25 inch pipe going to 3 inch does will not make a difference

hcvone
03-04-07, 01:31 PM
Huge performance difference with the B&B over the stock exhaust, it will kick the traction control on with 1st to second full throttle shifts, what a difference from 4500 to red line. :)

hcvone
03-04-07, 01:32 PM
These trucks do not make enough power to require 3.25 inch pipe going to 3 inch does will not make a difference

It does if you plan to put long tube headers on and a supercharger. ;)

GTSJOE97
03-04-07, 04:46 PM
what kind of horse power are you going to make with the supercharger 550hp at the flywheel 3inch pipe will support 550hp flywheel

hcvone
03-05-07, 07:14 AM
Barley, not going to have that problem. ;)

GTSJOE97
03-05-07, 07:50 AM
If you are that woried about performance get rid of the 22's and drop a 1000lbs from the truck. I have seen a lot of cars make very good #'s with 3 inch exhaust

hcvone
03-05-07, 09:17 AM
The 22's are 14 lbs each heavier than stock 18's. As I said in this post just did not want to downsize the exhaust from stock. :)