: Should I sell my 89 Brougham???

AElayyat
02-08-07, 10:22 PM
Hey guys I want to hear you thoughts on possibly selling my 89 Brougham. Here is the situation, I purchased a newer car about 2 weeks ago to serve as a daily driver (to and from work), so now I have 3 cars. The insurance & registration on the Caddy is not the problem, neither is parking (its parked outdoors, but I could always get a car cover). But I don't want to let the car go to shit by it sitting 90% of the time.

The list of things that need repair on the car:
1) carb will need to be rebuilt or replaced at some point in the future.
2) needs a head linner
3) needs the front bumper to be straighted out or replaced w/ very minimal body work.

The mods I have done to the car:
1) tint all windows
2) after market cd player & speakers
3) after market alarm system w/ keyless entry
4) got custom made Cadillac floor mats.

For the repairs that went into this Caddy for the 1 year and few months I have owned it were not too bad. The most major work it needed was for the intake manifold gaskets to be replaced (done by Cadillac dealer for $475 parts + labor), 2 new tires, front end alignment, cat. converter, and oil changes and a tune up (i did the tune up).

So what do you guys think? Should I sell her or should I keep her???

Benzilla
02-08-07, 11:13 PM
Pics? What kind of car did you pick up.

Cadillac Giovanni
02-08-07, 11:50 PM
Well since you already have an 85 Fleetwood Brougham, there's no point in having an 89 Brougham as well, especially if it isn't going to get the attention it needs to stay in good shape. Find the ol' boat a good home, if you want. It's certainly not a bad idea.

I'd like to see some pics as well, to give me a better idea of what we're lookin' at.

AElayyat
02-09-07, 03:41 PM
Pics? What kind of car did you pick up.

I got an 06 Grand Prix. I'll post some pics up of the lac.

AElayyat
02-09-07, 03:55 PM
Here are some pics of the 89:

Benzilla
02-09-07, 03:57 PM
Umm, that's gorgeous.

Where did you get your mats by the way?

AElayyat
02-09-07, 04:19 PM
Umm, that's gorgeous.

Where did you get your mats by the way?

Thanks Ben, I always take care of my cars. I got the mats from the Cadillac dealer at dealer cost of $125.

Destroyer
02-09-07, 07:54 PM
Keep or sell?. Hmmm, not in your shoes man but if you dont need it or want it any longer I see no reason to keep it.

AElayyat
02-10-07, 08:49 PM
Keep or sell?. Hmmm, not in your shoes man but if you dont need it or want it any longer I see no reason to keep it.

You see what makes this tough is that these big body Caddys are becoming hard to find in good condition, and I have this spot for these RWD Broughams. For the reparis she needs they are minimal (cosmetics) so that would not be the issue...I'm just at a loss...

Benzilla
02-10-07, 11:12 PM
tHEN KEEP IT, IF YOU AELL IT you'll regret it, Idid with my '96 Deville, don't do it, keep that thing.

Destroyer
02-10-07, 11:23 PM
Put a price in your head that you will not go under when you sell. If you get the price, move on. If you dont then keep it. If you ever want another car like this in the same condition it will turn up. They always do.

Benzilla
02-10-07, 11:31 PM
yEAH, THAT , BUT WHY SELL IT AND GET ANOTHER CAR WHWN HEW ALRADY HADS IT?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-07, 12:07 AM
God, that thing is really nice looking!

Destroyer
02-11-07, 09:26 AM
yEAH, THAT , BUT WHY SELL IT AND GET ANOTHER CAR WHWN HEW ALRADY HADS IT?Because he states this:
Hey guys I want to hear you thoughts on possibly selling my 89 Brougham. Here is the situation, I purchased a newer car about 2 weeks ago to serve as a daily driver (to and from work), so now I have 3 cars. The insurance & registration on the Caddy is not the problem, neither is parking (its parked outdoors, but I could always get a car cover). But I don't want to let the car go to shit by it sitting 90% of the time. "
"

Benzilla
02-11-07, 01:12 PM
yeah, disregard that, I was hammered.

lochenjons
02-15-07, 08:07 PM
hey that looks like my cad! ive never seen an 80's one with that vynil over that part of the rear passenger windows. dont sell

AElayyat
02-15-07, 10:27 PM
hey that looks like my cad! ive never seen an 80's one with that vynil over that part of the rear passenger windows. dont sell

Yeah that top was optional starting in 87 (i think) or 88, and then it became standard for the 90 - 92 Broughams. For some reason I don't see many of the late 80's Broughams with this option especially here in so. Cali.