: I need options

CHP N-V
02-08-07, 08:42 PM
I am selling my 24's off of my Escalade, And someone responded from the classifieds. BUT they are asking me to ship them to Europe. Well never shipping out of the country I thought I might get some options from you guys. Has anyone ever done this before? I would most likely use paypal. So some insite would be nice...

I have trusted all other opinions inregards to my V, And you guys have helped me alot. But can you please help me with this one.

so what do you think, any other options?

thanks

joshdctsv
02-08-07, 09:35 PM
Havent done it myself, but eBay has many helpful documents
http://pages.ebay.com/internationaltrading/shipintl.html

heavymetals
02-08-07, 11:46 PM
Open yourself a DHL account and use that for shipping.

Go to their website, it is very easy.

Get your money upfront though.

svassh
02-08-07, 11:47 PM
Be wary, lots of scams from Europe.

CHP N-V
02-09-07, 02:43 AM
thats what I am trying to avoid, those over seas scams... What happen to the honesty system? I guess anything for a buck

urbanski
02-09-07, 06:26 AM
forward me the response please. i dont want scammers in our classifieds.

ctsvflorida
02-09-07, 09:28 AM
I've done ebay for years, diamonds, watches and all kind of jewelry. Listen closely, NO PAYPAL! You will lose any battle with paypal, if it is a scam! They're address will not be confirmed from Europe which makes you the loser either way. Paypal is bad, trust me! Have them bank wire the money or send you a cashiers check to a newly opened bank account and send it when that clears! I used to have a bank wire transfer account only for this reason and kept $10 in it. When the wire comes or check clears, I would take it out, have their cash in my hand, and then send those scamming, cheap Europeans and Canadians they're item! Sorry for all the Canadians and Euro's who are not CHEAP or scammers but my experience has brought me to this conclusion!

CHP N-V
02-10-07, 04:21 AM
SEE... This is what I am so afraid of. I have had both Canadians and Eros's respond to both my adds. I have had this werid feeling with shipping internationally. Thats why I am even more nervous to try and sell my quad on eBay. Thanks so much! THIS SITE IS AWESOME. I love you guys ;)

zozmanCTS-V
02-10-07, 09:52 AM
...Have them bank wire the money or send you a cashiers check to a newly opened bank account and send it when that clears! I used to have a bank wire transfer account only for this reason and kept $10 in it...

Being a former Leo, cashier's checks can be made on a computer. Even after it "clears," you can have a charge back to any account you have at that bank. Set up a bank wire transfer account at a bank WITHOUT any other account you have there. God bless basset hounds.

ctsvflorida
02-13-07, 11:43 AM
Being a former Leo, cashier's checks can be made on a computer. Even after it "clears," you can have a charge back to any account you have at that bank. Set up a bank wire transfer account at a bank WITHOUT any other account you have there. God bless basset hounds.

Very true and I do have that account at a totally different bank! :bouncy: Forgot about that!

I would also tell them that I want it to be cleared to the point of no return and I asked to let me know when that is. They did and I removed the money!

One question, I have a check now from a lady who has been a little bit of a problem. She is old and from Iowa somewhere. I did put her personal check in my account and have told her that it would take 10 business days to clear. Is there anyway for her to stop that check at anytime now as it has been 10 biz days? If so, how long before she can make up anything and stop the check? Any bank people chime in please.