Cadillac Owners Forum banner

de carbonization of northstar engine

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if de carbonization of engine to ease oil consumption does any good and more importantly does it do any harm?

Before i was complaining of oil consumption, after i got it back from decarbonization i was seriously complaining about oil leaking onto my exhaust and making my ride unbearable. They say its not related. However in all the time i had my car i never had a leak..is it a coincidence that the day i get it back from the dealer i have an oil leak?:(

#3 ·
Does anyone know if de carbonization of engine to ease oil consumption does any good and more importantly does it do any harm?

Before i was complaining of oil consumption, after i got it back from decarbonization i was seriously complaining about oil leaking onto my exhaust and making my ride unbearable. They say its not related. However in all the time i had my car i never had a leak..is it a coincidence that the day i get it back from the dealer i have an oil leak?:(
All you have to do for a decarbonization is take the car out on the highway and give it a couple of wide open throttle blasts to redline through the gears. The dealer goes through a lot of hocus pocus, hands you a big bill, and calls that a decarbonization. You might have had a potential leak plugged by sludge that they loosened up. Now it leaks but it's not their responsibility. Stuff happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.