: coolant levels

theloanman219
02-08-07, 02:44 PM
Recently I have had a check coolant code on my nav. Is this common. I know some people here have not had good luck with radiators.

svassh
02-08-07, 02:46 PM
I had it on mine a few weeks after I bought it and was worried about the radiator. It hasn't happened since with 4K miles. Top it off and see what happens. There is a radiator TSB on the Faq so it is common.

Holmes815
02-08-07, 02:58 PM
It happened to me too recently, I think it's just due to the cold (hopefully) like the power steering noise/fluid issues!!

--James

Rockafella
02-08-07, 03:06 PM
Me Four. I topped it off two weeks ago.

SilverBullet
02-08-07, 04:18 PM
mine was coming on as well. I had to have the radiator replaced. Fixed it. Common issue.

theloanman219
02-08-07, 04:27 PM
im going to call the dealer in the morning. They are great!

G--
02-08-07, 08:07 PM
Recently I have had a check coolant code on my nav. Is this common. I know some people here have not had good luck with radiators.

Happened to me last month, code came up twice. Took it to the dealer, replaced the radiator under warranty. Report indicated a tiny leak and radiator was replaced.
As a side note, I took it back 2 days later when the code came back on, turns out they forgot to "burp" the system (I guess they didn't drive it afterward), they added a little fluid and no problems since.
I will tell you that before the initial code came on, there was the very faint odor of antifreeze I would barely get every so often, but only if the "wind was right" when I got out of the car. Per the info here, I suspected a small radiator leak and sure enough that was exactly what it was.

mocts
02-08-07, 08:12 PM
does this happen on the regular cts to or is this problem mainly associated with the v

1QUICKV
02-08-07, 08:23 PM
its because of the cold and high RPM'S That was the tsb says. (RPMS)