: Trunk Lid opens randomly?

svassh
02-08-07, 02:57 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? I seem to remember reading about this in the past but my search here and on the faq turned up nothing.

About once a week I will start to drive off and the trunk open notice will pop up on the nav system. Most of the time I am 100% certain I have not opened the trunk in days.

I cannot recreate it on my own, it usually takes a few days. I'm thinking body flex or latch adjustment of some sort is needed. I'm about to brave the Cadillac dealer warranty experience for the first time in 2 months. The last time I told them they sucked (well in more words) and demanded my car back.

I've been saving up a laundry list heres what I have so far and past experience:

1. NAV DVD - Need firmware update, its great that Reed is helping out with this but just out of principal I want GM to fix it themselves.
2. Middle rear seat belt - stuck in locked position, did I mention I bought a V instead of the Z06 because I have 3 kids to cart around?
3. Parking brake - all the way to the floor, lets see this will be 4th attempt at getting this done right. First 3 times I was told it was not adjustable or they all work that way. (Idiots)
4. Squeeky brakes - Was told they could not recreate, I can everytime I stop.
5. Trunk Lid

Wish me luck. I'm certain they will trace all these problems back to my tune, CAI, catbacks or WBO2 sensor. Or possibly my aftermarket shifter install caused all these.

Imperator
02-08-07, 03:31 PM
Where are you taking it for service? I haven't had the best of luck with Sewell in Grapevine, although they have fixed every issue I've brought up to them. Unfortunately it took several followup visits and a first-name-basis-relationship with their service manager to get it done.

I was extremely pleased with the service I've had at Massey--in fact, I'm about to take my car back to them so they can look at the clutch hydraulics.

OldRoadDawg
02-08-07, 03:34 PM
1. I did the re-flash available through the forum. Painless and it works
2. Maybe the belt is just in a bind. Might have to remove seat cushion/back to release pressure.
3. Take a copy of the adjustment procedure with you to the dealer. Then they don't have an excuse
4. Mine have never squeaked. Don't know.
5. On about 3 or 4 occasions I have experienced the 'trunk open' message, until one time I realized was activating it from my remote, usually due to carrying something that was pressing on the remote while it was in my pocket.

svassh
02-08-07, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=OldRoadDawg;971668]
3. Take a copy of the adjustment procedure with you to the dealer. Then they don't have an excuse
QUOTE]

Thanks Dawg, I have that. Lindsay Cadillac was good enough to provide that and the labor code. The last time on a 'scheduled' visit they kept the car for 2 days after I told them the parking brake adjusted the same as the CTS. At the end of the 2nd day they called to tell me they couldn't find any adjustment or documentation on how to do it. I then provided this doc from Lindsay. The next day my car was ready but the parking brake still goes all the way to the floor.

svassh
02-08-07, 03:45 PM
Where are you taking it for service? I haven't had the best of luck with Sewell in Grapevine, although they have fixed every issue I've brought up to them. Unfortunately it took several followup visits and a first-name-basis-relationship with their service manager to get it done.

I was extremely pleased with the service I've had at Massey--in fact, I'm about to take my car back to them so they can look at the clutch hydraulics.

Sewell Dallas, I'm now on a first name basis with Kenny there, the overall Caddy Mgr.

kgoch
02-08-07, 04:38 PM
Maybe you rear middle seat belt is caught in the trunk lid emergency cable. I had a box in my trunk and it kept sliding into the emergency latch and would open the trunk. The emergency latch is in the middle of the back seat.

Jon
02-08-07, 04:48 PM
I have that problem on the CTS. The V is fine. Have no idea why. I'd get into my car, start it up, and it'd say my trunk is open, wtf.

rand49er
02-08-07, 05:32 PM
Yeah, more than once my trunk has been open when I went to drive off. I keep blaming old age. Geez, maybe it's my remote! :D

dqw1
02-08-07, 06:46 PM
It happened to me a few times. It was me accidently hitting the trunk open button on my fob.

Seattle CTS-V
02-08-07, 08:03 PM
It has happended to me quite a few times. Turns out that the trunk release button on my FOB is exactly in the place where the Caddy key hits if you pivot the key. I usually throw my phone into the same pocket with the keys and I usually wear really tight pants (to show off all the time I spend in the gym). This ends up popping the trunk when I sit in my car...

G--
02-08-07, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=Imperator;971665]Where are you taking it for service? I haven't had the best of luck with Sewell in Grapevine, although they have fixed every issue I've brought up to them. Unfortunately it took several followup visits and a first-name-basis-relationship with their service manager to get it done.

:yeah:

Glad to hear good things about Massey, I will look into them for next time.

Good Luck Svassh! Let us know the outcome...