: Problem with 2007 Escalade Thermometer

Marine One
02-08-07, 02:01 PM
The thermometer (outside temperature) on my rearview mirror is very erratic. Sometimes it sticks (stays) on the temp it registered in my garage overnight - I'll drive around all day and it won't readjust to the curent temperature. Weird.

hcvone
02-08-07, 02:09 PM
I thought mine did that a time or to, but it appears to be working fine most of the time, it was woking last night reading 2 degrees in the Poconos. :(

LLT
02-08-07, 02:57 PM
Do you have Intellibeam? If so, it's a known issue - but GM Engineering has not yet developed a fix, I'm afraid.

LLT
02-08-07, 03:09 PM
FYI:

Subject: Inside Rear View Mirror Temperature Display Inaccurate - keywords DF5 intellibeam update #PIT4158 - (10/20/2006)

Models: 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalase ESV & EXT

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:

Some customers may state the inside rearview mirror temperature display is inaccurate or will not update properly. 2007 Cadillac Escalades that are equipped with Intellibeam (RPO TQ5) will update the temperature information based on a message that is received from the HVAC module over Low Speed GMLAN. A second temp sensor and wiring is still routed to the mirror assembly but the mirror doesn't utilize the hard wire inputs to the mirror. The hard wire inputs are only used on vehicles that are not equipped with Intellibeam.
Recommendation/Instructions:

If you experience a 2007 Cadillac Escalade equipped with Intellibeam and the customer has a concern of the inside rearview mirror temperature display is inaccurate or will not update properly, please do not replace the mirror, outside temperature sensor or wiring for this concern. Engineering is aware of the issue and is working on new software to repair the concern. This PI will be updated when more information becomes available.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

It's not just you. :)

hcvone
02-08-07, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the info. :)